PDA

View Full Version : propane burner won't burn

farmbif
09-07-2021, 11:37 AM
I got this double burner from a friend a few years ago it looks just like this

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/camp-chef-explorer-2-burner-camp-stove?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Shop%7CPromo%7CHigh%7CFallHuntingClassic&gclid=Cj0KCQjwm9yJBhDTARIsABKIcGZ2kCNnpbPZHfHJjDo4 Y_y75pz8mX80Xdq0IYcuFLKoaYpYnP2ujLQaAjWqEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

problem is one of the burners works perfect, the other one just dont want to burn properly
ive taken it all apart and cleaned everything out with carburetor spray and put it all back together but the one burner just won't make a proper flame. I tried adjusting the vent and blowing everything out out with compressed air, still won't burn right.
I use the one burner but would really like both to work properly
anyone been through anything like this

NSB
09-07-2021, 02:19 PM
You need to run a pipe cleaner through it. Blowing it out won’t get a spider web/nest out of there. Those critters can plug one of these up overnight.

GregLaROCHE
09-07-2021, 02:29 PM
NSB is right. Insects are notorious for clogging up small spaces. You probably need a small needle to make sure the hole in the gas jet is completely clear. Close the air vent almost all the way. If it lights, open it slowly until you get a good flame. If it is open too much in the beginning, it may not light.

hc18flyer
09-07-2021, 03:13 PM
You need to run a pipe cleaner through it. Blowing it out won’t get a spider web/nest out of there. Those critters can plug one of these up overnight.

BINGO! Most likely problem. Either the orifice or valve?

DocSavage
09-07-2021, 05:17 PM
I have one of those for melting lead and emergency cooking should we loose power.