PDA

View Full Version : Trying to posting pictures

GOPHER SLAYER
08-31-2021, 02:35 PM
I have recently bought another computer and I am I cannot upload pictures. It is using Windows 10 but it isn't working the same. With my other computer I took a picture, plugged the camera into computer and a upload box appeared. It required a name and it was uploaded in to picture files. The version does nothing when I plug in camera. Anybody help me out?

myg30
08-31-2021, 04:14 PM
I’m not to savvy but try having the camera plugged in then turn on computer and see if it showed up that way.
Maybe with camera off, then plug in and turn on camera ?
Years ago when I plugged in my printer I had same trouble.

Someone will jump in here with more knowledge I’m sure.

Mike

Land Owner
09-01-2021, 04:08 AM
Windows 10 typically opens a Windows Explorer "Autoplay" dialog box when you plug in, in this case, the phone as it wants to know what you expect the software to do with the files it finds there.

Here is a link that explains it well and to how to invoke Windows 10 to Autoplay when you plug in:

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/fix-autoplay-dialog-box-not-appearing-when-plug-in-external-device/

GOPHER SLAYER
09-01-2021, 02:12 PM
Thanks you Land Owner, very much.

GOPHER SLAYER
09-01-2021, 07:14 PM
Problem solved. I called my Daughter and she waded thru all the tech language and got it working. The main problem was, Kodak said they no longer supported the program. There was a down load that would enable the computer to receive the pictures. Thanks again