PDA

View Full Version : For all Eric Clapton Fans - New Release

sparky45
08-29-2021, 09:50 AM
https://youtu.be/dNt4NIQ7FTA

richhodg66
08-29-2021, 09:55 AM
I've heard Eric Clapton is a gun enthusiast and actually a pretty accomplished target pistol shooter. Can't recall where I read it, but he seems a good guy as celebrities go for sure. The man sure is a great guitarist.

Gator 45/70
08-29-2021, 10:03 AM
He's a big fly fisherman.

Finster101
08-29-2021, 11:17 AM
I like Clapton. I don't like that. Sounds like a sitcom theme song. Not too big on the preachy side of the video either.

contender1
08-29-2021, 11:41 AM
I like it,, as it points to how some of the world is headed toward. I like the line; "I can't take this BS anymore."

Good one!

DougGuy
08-29-2021, 11:57 AM
Some (maybe all) of his most recent albums have been wishy washy reggae tinged filler. Play once and forgotten. He needs to reinvent himself again or release some of the gems stashed away, or start playing sessions on other artists' albums. He KICKED ASS on the Rolling Stones blues covers album, came in and ripped on a borrowed guitar on I think two tracks but it's unmistakable who's playing.

farmbif
08-29-2021, 01:16 PM
hes a master at his craft, its amazing he's still alive after all he's been through in life with all the drinking and drugging, he dont have to work or do anything for that matter if he dont want to he's worth at least a couple hundred million $$. dont know about his politics but put a ton of money and his talent and time to help people get off drink and drugs building, expanding and supporting a rehab place in Antigua. plus a ton of other charitable stuff like leukemia help, Unicef, special Olympics and other stuff.
will he write another Layla? who knows but at least he is doing what he does, like it or dont like it I got to respect the fact that he's still able to do what he enjoys and share it with the world.

smithnframe
08-29-2021, 01:42 PM
Highly over rated in my opinion…….he’s no Stevie Ray Vaughan!!!

QuackAttack24
08-29-2021, 02:00 PM
I'm a fan of some of his music, but not this one. I like the message, but the tune is garbage. Too popish for him. He should stick to blues and rock IMO.

Tracy
08-29-2021, 02:17 PM
I've been a Clapton fan for a long time. I like it.

richhodg66
08-29-2021, 10:00 PM
Highly over rated in my opinion…….he’s no Stevie Ray Vaughan!!!

Really? LMAO! I like Stevie Ray Vaughn's stuff, but he couldn't stand in Clapton's shadow as a musician.

Bmi48219
08-30-2021, 02:41 AM
I saw Clapton play (with Cream) in October 67 at the Grande Ballroom. I was underage and had to ‘borrow’ ID to get in. Those were three incredible musicians. Clapton got a lot of attention while ripping out licks but Bruce was non-stop all night. Baker too. After they split up Clapton did an interview for Time or Newsweek. Kinda whining about how Bruce MADE him play rock but he really just wanted to do rhythm & blues. From my admittedly youthful perspective I was disappointed in him. Even worse later when the thing with his kid happened. He did well in his later years though.
Pretty sure I saw every top rock band at one time or another but that concert holds first place in my book.

smithnframe
08-30-2021, 06:14 AM
Really? LMAO! I like Stevie Ray Vaughn's stuff, but he couldn't stand in Clapton's shadow as a musician.
On the last SRV tour Clapton was part of the tour and he refused to go on stage after SRV…………nuff said!

sparky45
08-30-2021, 08:55 AM
Wasn't going to say anything, BUT, all those who expressed a dislike for Clapton, you are out of place in this posting. Title specifically says "FOR ALL ERIC CLAPTON FANS". Reading comprehension ISN'T your strong suit.

DougGuy
08-30-2021, 09:03 AM
Wasn't going to say anything, BUT, all those who expressed a dislike for Clapton, you are out of place in this posting. Title specifically says "FOR ALL ERIC CLAPTON FANS". Reading comprehension ISN'T your strong suit.

I wasn't going to say anything either BUT, sounds like OP is wanting to see ONLY positive responses to his post. OP are you from the Gub'mint? :shock:

sparky45
08-30-2021, 10:54 AM
Doug, get back to primary school and learn SOMETHING about reading comprehension. Title of OP pretty much self explanitory.

Finster101
08-30-2021, 10:58 AM
Might as well start a Lee thread and say no bashing.

sparky45
08-30-2021, 11:09 AM
And I thought there was a rule against bashing threads; must be on another site.

Bmi48219
08-30-2021, 01:38 PM
Didn’t intend to ruffle anyone’s feathers. I did state: “Those were three incredible musicians”, and I meant Clapton too. I further implied my youthful disappointment that such a talented rock guitarist didn’t want to perform in the genre that made him famous. Much less that he was coerced to do something I highly admired.

However, my opinions on the life choices of others are just that, Clapton’s preferred genre is his own business.
I would be far more disappointed if Clint Eastwood said he wished he had devoted his career to spaghetti westerns.

Gator 45/70
08-30-2021, 02:00 PM
Been to 2 of his concerts, He sounds just as good if not better live, He's the real deal !

sparky45
08-30-2021, 04:00 PM
Now, that's the appreciation for the artist I was looking for, thanks Gator.

r80rt
08-30-2021, 09:12 PM
Clapton is good, but he ain't no Fogerty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYaM7HTb2uI&list=PLBEPX5_bKPcQCGDnVvERe6VsdscpQPTfP&index=5

Gator 45/70
08-30-2021, 09:53 PM
Clapton is good, but he ain't no Fogerty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYaM7HTb2uI&list=PLBEPX5_bKPcQCGDnVvERe6VsdscpQPTfP&index=5

Saw Fogerty and ZZ Top over at the Pensacola bay center in 2019, Awesome show, Even had a Mardi Gras parade around the front section ...fun show

DougGuy
08-30-2021, 10:32 PM
Doug, get back to primary school and learn SOMETHING about reading comprehension. Title of OP pretty much self explanitory.

Dude don't chastise ME your OP said *ALL* Eric Clapton fans it didn't discriminate against those fans' opinions and if you don't want others' opinions on your thread, then simply don't post it capeche?

For the record, I have been a guitar player since House Of The Rising Sun was No. 1 on the radio. I have honed my chops to GOD KNOWS how many Clapton licks ok? My style of guitar has Clapton's iconic style infused into it to the point I can't even play without paying homage to his playing it just comes out. So I *think* I might know enough about his huge library of music to voice an opinion on something if I don't like it or it sounds like elevator music. Nobody is perfect, Clapton is NOT God, and he has released SO MUCH BETTER material than this latest folly. You want to hear him at his best? Budokan 1995. You want to hear his worst? Last studio album.

sparky45
08-30-2021, 11:01 PM
Well as they say, Opinions are like **** holes, everyone has one. Glad you learned to play the Guitar.

NEKVT
08-30-2021, 11:52 PM
If a fan on any level the 2018 documentary "Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars" is a must see...

hoodat
08-31-2021, 12:24 AM
These guys have been playing good music for so long that it would be odd, and dumb if they didn't stretch the limits of their styles.

With almost every rock artist or group that I've loved, I loved them best when they were young, less polished, raw, and still possessing that magic that makes them POP!! A few years, and a few albums in, and they lose some of that magic. Some of them change it up a bit, improve their skills, keep working hard, and continue to keep us happy. Clapton is one of those. I haven't liked every single thing that he's done, but I'll keep listening till him or me dies.

We oughta thank the Lord above for providing so many great rock (and country) stars to provide music for us for the generation that most of us come from. Who would have thought that we'd still be listening to so many of them... they didn't all die young. jd

nueces5
08-31-2021, 12:36 AM
thanks for share

Clapton has its own style
at 1:27 you can listen to it, I always liked this interview with SRV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZoX6Q0UK8A&t=61s

glad there are many SRV fans around here

smithnframe
08-31-2021, 06:10 AM
Might as well start a Lee thread and say no bashing.
Alvin Lee?

Buck Shot
08-31-2021, 07:52 AM
Cream set the bar for blues powerhouse bands, IMO. Amazing that three guys could put out so much sound!

This has got to be one of the best performances in rock history:

Cream (Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker)
Crossroads (Live, 1968)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF5fQXVZGug

sparky45
08-31-2021, 08:39 AM
The list goes on and on; Fogerty; ZZ Top; Twisted Sister; CCR. Parts of all of them I like.

Cosmic_Charlie
08-31-2021, 11:41 AM
I certainly like Fogerty, but Clapton is near the top of the heap. Check out Cream, Blind Faith or Derrick and the Dominoes.

sparky45
08-31-2021, 11:50 AM
Wanta cleanse your eyes in the morning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwFiWCUkk4M

ripshod
08-31-2021, 07:06 PM
When I think of Clapton I think of Badge.