RichardB
08-29-2021, 01:59 AM

Any info appreciated

rkrcpa
08-29-2021, 09:02 AM
https://barrantileather.com/shop/ols/products/sixshot-sling

Buck Shot
08-29-2021, 09:45 AM
Hmmm...now ya got me thinking. I have a sewn loop of 2.5" nylon seatbelt webbing that I carry, along with some 3/16" nylon braid, when deer hunting. When you shoot a deer, you put the loop of seatbelt webbing across your chest, or over your shoulder, tie the 3/16" nylon braid to that, then loop it through the lower jaw of the deer to drag it. I now realize that the loop of 2.5" nylon seatbelt webbing could be used just like the sling...maybe...between the knees...or it could with a few modifications....thanks for the idea!

RichardB
08-29-2021, 10:04 AM
Excellent, Thank you

contender1
08-31-2021, 09:06 AM
That's a Doc Barranti handgun rest. It's not a sling. You place it over each knee, while seated, and use the leather center piece as a place to rest your wrists/hands.
How do I know?
I own one & know the gentleman who assisted Doc in making them. It's called the "sixshot sling" as a name because "sixshot" came up with the idea & Doc made it. So, technically, it's called a sling,, but it's not designed to be used to carry a handgun.
They work quite well for handgun hunters who use the seated Keith type position.
Currently,, I believe one is in use right now in Africa, by sixshot.