PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee rain storm

abunaitoo
08-27-2021, 05:34 PM
Hope our friends that got stuck in the storm are OK.
Sister and a friend are close, but didn't get anything.
It looked bad on the news.

myg30
08-27-2021, 09:20 PM
It was bad. Wavely got hit hard and tremendous amount of rain. 8’ of water is a lot. Cars, homes destroyed. I’m not sure of the number of dead and missing.
People from all over have poured in to help along with the businesses that have opened up their doors for food, water even Tide set up a truck to let folks do free laundry.
Please pray for all the families that were effected by this tragic event.

Mike

Thundarstick
08-28-2021, 05:32 AM
My son lost everything he owned except his dog and clothes! He is fortunate to be alive today. He called me Saturday morning panicking because water was coming in through the air conditioning vents and the floor was floating. This was a flash flood with fast water! 17 inches of rain over a small area in 4 hours. Imagine someone diverting a major river through the center of a small town for about 30 minutes! If it went for the churches there people would have been sitting out doors all night hungry! Yes there's lots of food! water and clothes being brought in, but the huge problem is going to be housing for several thousand people! Transportation is another huge issue because of the number of cars destroyed! My son's frustration level is sky high and I'm sure he's not alone! I went over Sunday and brought his dog home with me, and again with supplies Thursday. All the videos and pictures you see are just a shadow of how bad this is for Waverley! If anyone knows of an efficiency apartment in Dickinson please please PM me!! I'd hate for him to lose his job in Dickinson because he can't get to it!

farmbif
08-28-2021, 09:47 AM
and here comes the deluge from hurricane that is going to slam Louisiana. I noticed the level of the river that runs along my road is going down. TVA must be draining them down to get ready for all the rain. my road was closed last week because it fell into the river and is being rebuilt.