PDA

View Full Version : Interviews with Father Malachi

Bmi48219
08-26-2021, 01:52 PM
Father Malachi was a retire RC priest and exorcist. My wife sent me a link to one of his radio interviews from 1996, there are several on YouTube. Being that each one is one to three hours long it’s going to take a while for me to get through them all. Finished #1 last night. He’s also authored dozens of books.
One thing he said near the end of the first interview made sense. A lot of people, even religious ones, no longer believe in the existence of hell. So to them there is no consequence for doing evil. I think he’s on target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD-KWJtGHU0

fixit
08-26-2021, 02:37 PM
While I've not listened or watched the interview, there's another problem with religious and non-religious alike, that of believing one can be "good enough", literally, self righteous. This concept precludes the need for a Savior, and undermines the completed work of Jesus, making His sacrifice unnecessary! Living by one's own standard instead of God's is foolhardy, and hazardous in the extreme!

Bmi48219
08-27-2021, 12:01 AM
there's another problem with religious and non-religious alike, that of believing one can be "good enough", literally, self righteous. This concept precludes the need for a Savior, and undermines the completed work of Jesus, making His sacrifice unnecessary! Living by one's own standard instead of God's is foolhardy

My one brother was certain unless you knew Jesus you couldn’t enter heaven. My position was / is, even today there are people who never heard of Jesus or his teachings. Even more were in that position the further back you go in history. Surely some of them lived right and entered heaven.

God created man in his image and likeness, so deep down inside we are born knowing how we are supposed to live and treat each other. If we live as we know we should, we are pleasing to God with or without Baptism, Bible or a copy of the Ten Commandments in our pocket. Jesus came to remind us of what we’ve known all along. His commitment was such that He would have completed his life exactly the same way whether He was redeeming 10 billion souls or a dozen.
The problem is, and it’s getting more difficult everyday, living up to the image of our Creator. Even knowing what’s right we often choose wrong.

As a kid I was taught Christ died to redeem us from the ‘Original Sin’ we were all born with. I could never understand how I managed to sin prior to my birth. The way I see it now, and I could very well be wrong, is Christ sacrificed himself so we could ask for and be forgiven when we went astray.

We attended a Christmas Eve event at a local Christian church. The minister was talking about when we sin and he said something like ‘don’t beat yourself up over it because Christ died for you so you’re already forgiven’. I can see why, as fixit said, too many of us take a “good enough” attitude.
Looking around today I am convinced the world is being overtaken by darkness. Too many, even clerics, believe there is no satan, just human nature.

ioon44
08-27-2021, 08:19 AM
John 14:6

dverna
08-27-2021, 09:21 AM
I used to think man was basically good until I became a Christian. Maybe some men are but not the majority.

Look at Black Friday shoppers, BLM, Antifa, Taliban, Nazi's, politicians, read history. Man is inherently evil and that is why we need Jesus to save our souls.

As for those cultures that do not and cannot know Jesus, I believe the Lord uses a different measure to judge them. It is incredulous to believe what is written in the Bible could apply to cultures like the Incas, Buddhists, or Native Americans etc who would not be exposed to the Word or Jesus until centuries after His sacrifice. Certainly, God must have done so before He sent His son to save us...otherwise heaven would have been a very lonely place.

Bmi48219
08-27-2021, 07:06 PM
I used to think man was basically good until I became a Christian. Maybe some men are but not the majority.....Certainly, God must have done so before He sent His son to save us...otherwise heaven would have been a very lonely place.

Agreed. But I believe we’re all born good / innocent. We start heading south, IMO, as we absorb the influences around us. Even the one year old that throw fits learned that it’s a sure way to get attention. Kind of like a new computer, it works great out of the box but as it gets older it starts getting bugs, slowing down and shutting off because it’s constantly being exposed to and filled up with things that overwhelm its operating system.

Most of our personality is a result of upbringing and later, the crowd we run with. God made us in his image so we start out pure. We go bad when we absorb and / or welcome the evil around us; and there seems to be more and more of that every year.

Blackwater
08-28-2021, 09:03 PM
As to Christ's judging of people in cultures where the Bible is practically unknown, it's my personal belief that everyone seeks God. They may have only a hazy understa ding of Him, but they believe nevertheless. I'm personally content to leave Christ's judgment of these people up to Christ Himself, and I will not pretend to know the mind of Christ or God or the Holy Spirit. It's my job to listen, NOT to go off half cocked guessing at these things, and guessing is all we CAN do, unless we want to stretch passages to their bteaking point, and I'm not quite up to that. Let Christ be Christ. We have enough to do just trying to get to know and understand, at least to the best of our anility, what He wants from US. That's my view anyway.

Good Cheer
02-09-2022, 11:02 AM
Even if your passing through this world only lasted enough to be murdered in your mother's womb, He knew you.
He's fair and He's taking care of it.

Good Cheer
04-01-2022, 07:42 AM
The things Fr. Martin intimated about the Vatican organization, in some ways it's becoming rather in our faces.
It's good that Archbishop Vigano has been willing to stand up tell the truth.

Bmi48219
04-01-2022, 08:47 PM
The things Fr. Martin intimated about the Vatican organization, in some ways it's becoming rather in our faces.
It's good that Archbishop Vigano has been willing to stand up tell the truth.

There are a few other ordained that are speaking out about the way Rome is headed. Some are more outspoken than others.
There are those that interpret the ‘Prophecy of the Popes’ (attributed to St. Malachy) as predicting a Jesuit will be the final pope. Francis is the only Jesuit to ever become pope and as predicted, he is the 112th pope to be selected since the Prophecy was written.

Good Cheer
04-01-2022, 09:05 PM
We're here. It's time.