PDA

View Full Version : SW model 3

Dieselhorses
08-25-2021, 01:24 AM
So I ran across this ad on louisianasportsman.com and I was wondering if anyone was familiar with or actually owned one of these. Not going to mortgage my house to buy it but if it's in pristine shape, is it actually worth it? He's asking 90k!

https://app.louisianasportsman.com/lpca/index.php?section=classifieds&event=view&action=single_ad&id=1010586&cat_code=HU&subcat_code=HU3

ScrapMetal
08-25-2021, 06:15 AM
I would say that he's probably delusional. He gives no details on the gun, what the year was or what the supposed run of 3000 that makes in unique from other model 3. I would expect to see more details if one is asking that kind of cash for something.$8000 for a Model 3
American first model U.S. marked.

There are a number of different models that had much smaller runs that don't even come near to the $8000 value.

Finally, I also did not see any Model 3s, first model, second model, or third model, russian, etc. that was chambered for a .45.

That's my take on it.

FWIW

-Ron

rintinglen
08-25-2021, 04:15 PM
I could not see the pictures, but out of his freaking mind, was the first thought that came to my mind. Unless this gun can be shown to have been owned by a Very Famous person, Jesse James, Doc Holliday, General Custer, President Grant, etc or is a very nice factory engraved presentation piece, there's no way a model 3 is worth that kind of money.

El Bibliotecario
08-25-2021, 04:26 PM
I could not see the pictures, but out of his freaking mind, was the first thought that came to my mind. Unless this gun can be shown to have been owned by a Very Famous person, Jesse James, Doc Holliday, General Custer, President Grant, etc or is a very nice factory engraved presentation piece, there's no way a model 3 is worth that kind of money.

For that price I would expect it to have been owned by all of them.

Dieselhorses
08-25-2021, 05:59 PM
For that price I would expect it to have been owned by all of them.

I agree! Gonna try to get some pics and history.

gwpercle
08-25-2021, 07:47 PM
Don't forget what the man said .... " There's a sucker born every minute ! "
90K yeah ... you right , but not this sucker !
Gary

Wayne Smith
08-26-2021, 07:28 PM
I have a S&W Model 3 in 45 Smith and Wesson - and mine was made in 2000. I think he may be right about the number produced but very delusional about it's value! A few years ago a local gun shop had it's match used selling just north of $1000. I didn't have the money at the time or mine would have been a pair!

BTW It is a very accurate revolver.

murf205
08-29-2021, 01:08 PM
Dieselhorses, what ever that guy is taking, he needs to break it in half! They are 'kinda rare but so is common sense these days.

Dieselhorses
09-05-2021, 12:44 AM
Dieselhorses, what ever that guy is taking, he needs to break it in half! They are 'kinda rare but so is common sense these days.

I agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGrimReaper
09-07-2021, 06:26 PM
Crack is wack!!!
Put down the pipe