PDA

View Full Version : 358432 hollow point

Stopsign32v
08-24-2021, 01:52 PM
Does anyone have an idea where I can get a Lyman 358432 hollow point mold? Seems like it would be a pretty wicked round...

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/shutupandjump/cast%20boolits/Picture066_zps2d89564c.jpg

fredj338
08-24-2021, 02:51 PM
Go to Hollow point mold services. Eric has some oddball HP molds in stock time to time.
http://www.hollowpointmold.com/

zarrinvz24
08-24-2021, 03:33 PM
I have one I have been contemplating sending in for conversion. It seems like a cup point would be a great option for this design.

Stopsign32v
08-24-2021, 05:56 PM
I have one I have been contemplating sending in for conversion. It seems like a cup point would be a great option for this design.

I emailed him about it, haven't heard back so far though.

gwpercle
08-24-2021, 07:01 PM
NOE Bullet Moulds www.noebulletmoulds.com
number 360-160-WC-PB (360432)
This mould is available with three sets of pins to produce :
1.) solid point boolit
2.) hollow point boolit
3.) cup point boolit

When I saw NOE made this discontinued Lyman design , I couldn't ordered one fast enough to replace my old 1-cavity Lyman ... this design is an accuracy winner and a sleeper ... it's the most accurate cast boolit out of ALL my 38 special and 357 magnum handguns . I ladle cast and love 3-cavity moulds ... I had one ordered so fast it made my head spin . With my alloy 50-50 COWW / soft lead it drops .359" and sizes to .358" or .359" easily .
At the time I wasn't interested in casting hollow points ... but now that I look back on it ... I should have invested in the mould with pins , this boolit would make a formidable hunting or self-defense round with the right alloy and HP design and I believe the rounded nose profile will feed from a lever
action .
Al also makes this same design enlarged up for the 41 Magnum ...which I was forced to buy .
During 2015 - 2016 I bought 6 different NOE boolit moulds , glad I did ... they were in stock and I had some disposable cash to splurge ... now it's hard to find anything in stock .
I went to the NOE site to check on mould availibility but at the moment it's down...
This design and NOE's rendition is an excellant one and worth looking for . NOE's version has a slightly wider first driving band than the Lyman ... and this is a nice improvement .

site is still down ... Al "Swede" Nelson / Night Owl Enterprises (801) 377 - 7289 call them ...Nice people !
Gary

Stopsign32v
08-24-2021, 08:51 PM
NOE Bullet Moulds www.noebulletmoulds.com
number 360-160-WC-PB (360432)
This mould is available with three sets of pins to produce :
1.) solid point boolit
2.) hollow point boolit
3.) cup point boolit

When I saw NOE made this discontinued Lyman design , I couldn't ordered one fast enough to replace my old 1-cavity Lyman ... this design is an accuracy winner and a sleeper ... it's the most accurate cast boolit out of ALL my 38 special and 357 magnum handguns . I ladle cast and love 3-cavity moulds ... I had one ordered so fast it made my head spin . With my alloy 50-50 COWW / soft lead it drops .359" and sizes to .358" or .359" easily .
At the time I wasn't interested in casting hollow points ... but now that I look back on it ... I should have invested in the mould with pins , this boolit would make a formidable hunting or self-defense round with the right alloy and HP design and I believe the rounded nose profile will feed from a lever
action .
Al also makes this same design enlarged up for the 41 Magnum ...which I was forced to buy .
During 2015 - 2016 I bought 6 different NOE boolit moulds , glad I did ... they were in stock and I had some disposable cash to splurge ... now it's hard to find anything in stock .
I went to the NOE site to check on mould availibility but at the moment it's down...
This design and NOE's rendition is an excellant one and worth looking for . NOE's version has a slightly wider first driving band than the Lyman ... and this is a nice improvement .

site is still down ... Al "Swede" Nelson / Night Owl Enterprises (801) 377 - 7289 call them ...Nice people !
Gary

I don't see that mold or how to get it anymore...? Anyone help here

square butte
08-25-2021, 08:31 AM
Tom at Accurate Molds will do the mold for you, But you'll have to send it to Hollow Point Mold Service to have it HP'd

gwpercle
08-25-2021, 01:48 PM
I don't see that mold or how to get it anymore...? Anyone help here

I Keep getting a "this site can't be reached" notice when I try to go to NOE ... Wait ... I got connected . Go to the SHOP and click on ... all the calibers will show on left , scroll down to .358 .
The designs are in rows of three across the screen ... scroll down to the 8th row of designs , it's the third on the right in the row ...# is now 360 - 162 - WC PB AW3 ... click on the drawing and ...
... Bummer ... 8 dirrerent incarnations of that mould and every one is sold out .
Could place an order but that would involve waiting ..
Sorry Man ...I tried my best but the shortage done went and wiped them out !
Gary

Beagle333
08-25-2021, 02:56 PM
That's my baby. I sent copies to NOE and got the commercial molds made during a Group Buy, but this one started it all. It was just made with a drill press and a nail turned down into a HP pin. A member here did it for me as a favor.

Stopsign32v
08-25-2021, 03:20 PM
That's my baby. I sent copies to NOE and got the commercial molds made during a Group Buy, but this one started it all. It was just made with a drill press and a nail turned down into a HP pin. A member here did it for me as a favor.

I wonder if another group buy would be possible?

Beagle333
08-25-2021, 03:30 PM
Only NOE could answer that. Have you called and asked about it? He used to re-run a few of something that was out of stock if one just asked for it. I know it was popular during the Group Buy, but I don't know how well it sold or if anybody is even doing Group Buys anymore. Besides, it would be a long wait. 'Best bet is to call and ask, or post a WTB and find one somebody bought back then and is not using anymore.

gwpercle
08-25-2021, 06:22 PM
Beagle333 ,
Thank you so much for getting that discontinued Lyman 358432 brought back to life ... It's my favorite all around 38 / 357 boolit . The flat nose hits hard , can be a wicked hollow / cup point , the front driving band centers it better in the throat and the crimp groove is placed where you can get some decent powder capacity ... I believe it's a real winner that gets overlooked .
You deserve a big ATTABOY !
Gary

Stopsign32v
If you go to the NOE Forum Site there is a place to start a Group Buy ...But another option is to scroll down to the section - Inventory Buys read the directions and start an Inventory Buy ... it's like a group buy but with an existing design ... one that is already produced before ... you start one and when only 5 people sign on ... it goes to the shop and they make a run .
This is a real fast way to get something made .
I wanted a 124 gr. 9mm Luger , truncated cone with a gas check ... I didn't think anyone would want that but ... in a couple weeks had 5 sign on and off it went to shop . It's how I got my first NOE mould ... Inventory Buy !
Gary

Stopsign32v
08-25-2021, 06:40 PM
Beagle333 ,
Thank you so much for getting that discontinued Lyman 358432 brought back to life ... It's my favorite all around 38 / 357 boolit . The flat nose hits hard , can be a wicked hollow / cup point , the front driving band centers it better in the throat and the crimp groove is placed where you can get some decent powder capacity ... I believe it's a real winner that gets overlooked .
You deserve a big ATTABOY !
Gary

Stopsign32v
If you go to the NOE Forum Site there is a place to start a Group Buy ...But another option is to scroll down to the section - Inventory Buys read the directions and start an Inventory Buy ... it's like a group buy but with an existing design ... one that is already produced before ... you start one and when only 5 people sign on ... it goes to the shop and they make a run .
This is a real fast way to get something made .
I wanted a 124 gr. 9mm Luger , truncated cone with a gas check ... I didn't think anyone would want that but ... in a couple weeks had 5 sign on and off it went to shop . It's how I got my first NOE mould ... Inventory Buy !
Gary

I have another batch being made by NOE. I can update this when it is ready if you guys would like. It is a ways out right now but I was told it wasn't on the list but after talking to me it is on the list now!

RickinTN
08-25-2021, 07:05 PM
I would take one too if that speeds up the process.
Rick

rintinglen
08-26-2021, 12:19 PM
They make a larger clone as a 44 also. 432-237-WC-BL4. I am just now getting around to casting with it, but I expect great things. I have a 2 cavity Lyman 358-432 that was one of my favorites for many years, though now it has been crowded out of the rotation by 5 and 6 cavity molds.

Beagle333
08-27-2021, 12:42 PM
They make a larger clone as a 44 also. 432-237-WC-BL4.

Yes, they made it in a few calibers. Check out the beast that is 454-264-WC-BL5. 8-)

Linkey:
https://noebulletmolds.com/site/product-category/452-454/454-264-wc-bl5/

Stopsign32v
08-27-2021, 01:09 PM
Would these not be the ultimate self defense loads? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's flat so it will hit hard and has a nice cavity for expansion.

MT Gianni
08-27-2021, 03:36 PM
I would be interested. I don't see it in the What you would like to see on the NOE site.

hc18flyer
08-27-2021, 03:56 PM
I made the 2nd name on the inventory run list for this one. Who is next? hc18flyer

AnthonyB
08-27-2021, 10:44 PM
I am in for this one but don’t see how to join the inventory buy.
Tony

Stopsign32v
08-27-2021, 10:51 PM
I will let you guys know when they will be ready to purchase. He told me to basically keep checking back with him. Time is estimated to be about 10 weeks.

He said there is no way to get on any list or even pay to preorder the molds. Only way is to keep checking back with him. We both agreed I would give him a call in about 6 weeks.

Stopsign32v
10-18-2021, 10:06 AM
The molds came in! Grab them while you can. I got mine on the way!

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/product-category/358/360-162-wc-aw3/

tazman
10-18-2021, 10:47 AM
I have one of those from the original group buy. It shoots great. Just as good as the original Lyman mold.
I seem to remember someone doing some expansion tests on it back then with some impressive results.