PDA

View Full Version : I have a stuck bullet

idahoron
08-23-2021, 08:22 PM
The topic comes up so often I decided to do one my self. And I took a video how to get it out.

https://youtu.be/jCqp9odZISg

toot
08-24-2021, 08:35 AM
idahoron, all I can say is, WOW!! every one hears about using grease, but your video is done in real time. and I for one think it should be a TUTORIAL!!!? TOOT.

Sasquatch-1
08-24-2021, 09:18 AM
My biggest question is, being a TC barrel were you able to remove all the grease from the patent breech?

AntiqueSledMan
08-25-2021, 06:33 AM
Hello idahoron,

Great example of how to remove a stuck ball.
I would have used a gun without a rubber hose,
you loose a lot of pressure with the hose stretching,
but it looks like it did the job.

Sasquatch-1
As far as getting the grease out.
One might have to give it a little longer scrubbing,
but a good cleaning with HOT Soapy Water will clean it out.

AntiqueSledMan.

toot
08-25-2021, 06:56 AM
remember that house hold dish detergent is what cuts grease. just ask your wife, if she does the dishes?

idahoron
08-25-2021, 08:07 AM
The thing I am seeing more and more is guys hat are only willing to use the ball pullers. And if the screw is used without success and you end up with a bullet or ball with a hole in it your hosed.
Yes I got the lube out but you have to remember that a thimble full of grease in the breech is easier to remove than a ball with a hole.

SeaMonkey
08-26-2021, 05:07 AM
I agree with Toot's post above.
(https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?430197-I-have-a-stuck-bullet&p=5249315&viewfull=1#post5249315)
Your video is very well done and certainly proves the point.

charlie b
08-26-2021, 09:10 AM
Nice video. Glad to see that it works.

I usually use a screw type first cause I am at the range without access to a grease gun. If the screw doesn't work then I will take the nipple off and remove as much powder as I can (if there is any in there). Then work some fresh powder into the flash channel. Install nipple and try firing it again. This has worked for me every time. Glad to know the grease gun works in case I ever need it.

sparky45
08-26-2021, 09:55 AM
I like the grease gun method, but the scenario charlie b just laid out looks to be a winner to me.

idahoron
08-26-2021, 09:48 PM
I like the grease gun method, but the scenario charlie b just laid out looks to be a winner to me.

If I was at the range and dry balled I would try a few grains of powder. But if one is hopelessly stuck or stuck half way I would use grease. The one thing that is kind of overseen in the video is how to heat a snail to remove a nipple that's stuck.

charlie b
08-27-2021, 02:21 PM
Yep, those half way ones are a PITA. That was when I stopped shooting sabots in a fouled barrel.