PDA

View Full Version : Bullberry 8" 22lr First outing with unexpected results

GARD72977
08-20-2021, 09:44 PM
I picked up a really nice 8" Bullberry contender barrell with sights. I have been wanting a short Contender for a long time. Just been to cheap to pick oun up!

The barrel came in yesterday so I wasted no time getting to the range. The reason I bought it was to shoot off hand at 25yds when im shooting on the 25-50yd range with my rimfire rifles.

The Pacmayer grips are very soft. I found the gun was very sensetive to where you put your hand on the grip and trigger.

A slightly different grip will send a bullet 2 or 3 inches off.

GARD72977
08-20-2021, 09:46 PM
Here is a 25yd target where I managed a consistant grip and finger placment on the trigger. Need a little work keeping the front sight centered in the rear slot!

Cowhide
08-20-2021, 10:00 PM
Sadly BullBerry Barrels went out of buisness right before the world shut down. Troy who was their barrel maker purchased it from them. I do hope BullBerry inc makes it threw this Covid times. A lot of established businesses have not. Let alone new ones. I am lucky to own a Encore custom 7mm-08rem BullBerry barrel and eight of their custom stocks and fore arms. Top of the world products.

jsizemore
08-25-2021, 07:20 PM
You might try looking for one of the walnut finger groove, thumb rest grips. Polish the trigger sear and striker engagement surfaces and with a consistent grip, the groups shrink.