PDA

View Full Version : Henry Golden Boy, how lucky is this?

Winger Ed.
08-18-2021, 06:26 PM
Early this year, when the ammo shortage hit really hard, I figured it'd be a good idea to sell
off a bunch of factory ammo I'd never shoot anyway.

I cashed in at the LGS for store credit. I put a Golden Boy I've always on back order.
They said it'd probably be this summer before it came in. I was OK with that.
Henry was so overwhelmed with back orders for them that a week or so later, they quit taking back orders for them.

I hate to admit I was getting impatient, but I've really wanted a Henry .22, and was getting impatient.
Last night, I sent my local guy a email and since I've seen the 20" blue steel version in stock here & there,
I asked if I could switch out and get the blue steel one.
The blue one with a octagon barrel is fine, I just wanted the GB one.

When I got up today--- at the crack of Noon,, he'd emailed me that the Golden Boy had come in this morning.
How cool is that?

I was filling out the paperwork, and the counter guy asked me the date to double check himself.
I told him I was picking up a new Henry I'd been waiting on since about March.
I didn't care, and wasn't really sure if it was day light or dark, much less the correct date.
:bigsmyl2:

Misery-Whip
08-18-2021, 07:14 PM
Congrats on the henry, is it your first? Im happy with my henry bbs. Plan on buying more henry products.

Winger Ed.
08-18-2021, 07:25 PM
It's my first.
I've had several Marlins, and still have a couple, but I've been thinning the herd and trying not to add to it.
I had a #39, but let it go away about 15 years ago, and always wanted to replace it,, then the supply of them dried up.
I just couldn't pass this deal up that was so close to it being free.

FergusonTO35
08-19-2021, 11:24 AM
Good score! I have the H001T (black receiver/octagonal barrel) and love it.

John Boy
08-19-2021, 04:41 PM
Have the Golden Boy and reload 22 rimfires. One bullet I use is a custom mold clone of the UMC Target. It has a fat ogive vrs the narrow commercial ones. Called Henry asking iif they would re-engineer the lifter and chamber throat.
Sure was the answer …sent the rifle and reloads, 3 weeks later done on a new latest Golden Boy version … Free
Can’t Ask for Better Srevice

BFJ
08-20-2021, 11:52 PM
You are going to like this rifle. I have GB since 2004, great rifle, smooth, slick, and good looking. Also they shoot very well.

bedbugbilly
08-22-2021, 10:02 AM
Winger Ed - you are going to LOVE the Henry and congrats on it finally arriving.

I don't have a GB, but about ten years ago, I had a chance to buy a "new in box" blued Henry "youth model" Henry 22 lever gun with the old Brooklyn address. Even with the shorter youth stock, it is the handiest little rifle and I used it on the farm for "critter control". I put a "Cricket" scope on it and it was heck on the woodchucks.

Just before Covid hit, I was at a LGS picking up a new .223/5.56 rifle and I saw they had a few Henry 22s in stock - no GBsm but they had one of the 22 Frontier models with the octagon barrels - I had always wanted one with the octagon barrel so I told the owner I would take it - never even asked the price but he ended up giving me a discount as I was buying two rifles. It is a beautiful rifle and and all 3 of my Henrys (two 22s and a BB 35) have butter smooth actions. Fortunately I do have a small stash of 22 ammo but sure wish the prices and supply would get better so I could feel like I could shoot them more frequently.

Enjoy that new rifle and have fun!