PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing posts

smithnframe
08-11-2021, 11:35 AM
I realize that classified posts get deleted but I haven’t had one in awhile. My post count has stayed the same for about 2 weeks now?

Der Gebirgsjager
08-11-2021, 11:43 AM
I'm not following you. Yes, classified ads get deleted after 30 days. Posts in S&S, Political, and Humor don't ad to your post count. Have you posted elsewhere?

DG

rancher1913
08-11-2021, 12:01 PM
why do people get all hung up on post count. I can see it if your new and trying to be able to use s&s, but otherwise its just a number to me.

smithnframe
08-11-2021, 04:26 PM
why do people get all hung up on post count. I can see it if your new and trying to be able to use s&s, but otherwise its just a number to me.
I’m not hung up on post count pal……….just wondering what happens to them!

Der Gebirgsjager
08-11-2021, 04:47 PM
I'm trying to help you sort this out, smithnframe-- but still not sure what you want to know. Is it that you've posted in some place like the handgun section and your count didn't change?

DG

MrWolf
08-12-2021, 04:02 AM
I have seen posts dissappear from places like the Pit which was probably due to Mods getting tired of the bickering back and forth. Is that what you are referring to?

smithnframe
08-12-2021, 06:29 AM
Just wondering WHY the posts were removed…………..it’s happened in several of the sub-forums!

Minerat
08-12-2021, 10:20 AM
There are many reasons posts are removed or moved. Most are for a violation of a rule or in the wrong location and get moved to the right subforum. Some are deleted at the original posters (OP) request. Many times discussions turn political and get moved to the Pit where they die after 30 days of no activity or deleted for arguing and name calling.

A post in S&S will be moved to completed deals or deleted if there is no activity for 30 days, a bump or discussion does not count as activity. If you miss a post just ask a mod what happened and we can see if we can find out and let you know.

jim147
08-16-2021, 12:45 AM
Your post is somewhere under the bench by that tiny extractor spring you lost years ago.