PDA

View Full Version : Astra Constable spring

Battis
08-10-2021, 08:17 PM
I have an Astra Constable .380 that, apparently, is missing the slide release spring - it looks like a bent wire. My question is - where does it go? I found a source online to buy one, but I can't figure out where it goes, and I can't find a schematic that shows it.

Battis
08-10-2021, 10:39 PM
Now I'm wondering if the gun does have a slide release spring. It seems to work in conjunction with the magazine.

Der Gebirgsjager
08-11-2021, 11:05 AM
You might find a schematic on GPC's site.

DG

Battis
08-11-2021, 01:09 PM
I found this pic on the Numrich site. The slide lock/release in my gun does not have that section that holds the spring, and there's no place else for a spring. Oh well - it works as is

Der Gebirgsjager
08-11-2021, 05:37 PM
Looking at your posted photo, the long arm sticking out to the left has a little gizzy on it that holds the spring. Is that little part what's missing? If they have the entire part available, or one can be found elsewhere, you can maybe swap out the entire part.

DG

Battis
08-11-2021, 06:28 PM
Mine doesn't have that section with the spring. But, the magazine and the release act together. The magazine pushes the release up in the same way the spring would. Maybe mine was an advancement, new model, etc. I'll get a pic of mine.

Der Gebirgsjager
08-11-2021, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a model variation. As I recall, they were well thought of. Another PPK alternative of that era was the Turkish MKE Walther lookalikes. Also good, although lacking the finish of the Walthers.

DG