PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Loadmaster case feeder ( manual )

LAKEMASTER
08-10-2021, 02:00 AM
From day one, I never liked the unnatural feel off the case feeder Lee designed. I don't like how it flexes, I just never got use to the way it never stopped moving. Especially when you short stroke the ram. I decided to make a system that worked from the left side of the press so that I can get situated on one side. This is what I came up with. I have 2 videos of it working but I can't upload them for some reason

I wanted to be able to stop case feeding if I wanted to check a case or make an adjustment. I also disliked how it dragged the press. I guess I got spoiled from the effortlessness from my single stage presses and the APP press.

LAKEMASTER
08-10-2021, 02:02 AM
I'm not finished with this by any means. I'm trying to figure out a way to have the case feeder foot return to the end of the carrier by a spring, yet be quick release for caliber changes

cabinarms
08-10-2021, 04:19 PM
can you load the vid to youtube. curious to see.
Lee really is either a homerun or a strike out when it come to the product line.
some stuff is just hard to be beat for the money, and some stuff I would be embarrassed to sell to people.