PDA

View Full Version : found this advertisement

BunkTheory
08-08-2021, 03:09 AM
https://www.knappworst.com/fiocchi-357-mag

They do show a wadcutter in 357 magnum on their website.

But im rather awful curious... if the people in euro land can read "keep out of reach of children" when written in english..why not use english for the whole box.

MT Gianni
08-08-2021, 06:18 PM
US is the only country that considers it's people stupid enough to require a legal warning.

ddixie884
08-09-2021, 04:30 AM
I know that is right............

Scrounge
08-09-2021, 07:43 AM
https://www.knappworst.com/fiocchi-357-mag

They do show a wadcutter in 357 magnum on their website.

But im rather awful curious... if the people in euro land can read "keep out of reach of children" when written in english..why not use english for the whole box.

Most Europeans speak at least two languages. Spent 4+ years in Germany, 1991-1996, and only the older folks spoke only German. Most of our German friends were so busy practicing their English on us that we didn't get the chance to practice much German.

Got a lot of mileage out of a joke I used to tell:

Q1: What do you call a person who speaks three languages? A: Trilingual.
Q2: What do you call a person who speaks two languages? A: Bilingual.
Q3: What do you call a person who speaks one language? A: American.

And despite several years of Spanish in middle and high school, I'm afraid I'm still an American. Best time to learn a language is as an infant and child. Waiting until later, as our school system has mostly done, doesn't work all that well. Especially for my stupid head! Though I do know the German for that: Dummkopf! ;)

Bill

Jtarm
08-09-2021, 08:27 AM
Most Europeans speak at least two languages. Spent 4+ years in Germany, 1991-1996, and only the older folks spoke only German. Most of our German friends were so busy practicing their English on us that we didn't get the chance to practice much German.

Got a lot of mileage out of a joke I used to tell:

Q1: What do you call a person who speaks three languages? A: Trilingual.
Q2: What do you call a person who speaks two languages? A: Bilingual.
Q3: What do you call a person who speaks one language? A: American.

And despite several years of Spanish in middle and high school, I'm afraid I'm still an American. Best time to learn a language is as an infant and child. Waiting until later, as our school system has mostly done, doesn't work all that well. Especially for my stupid head! Though I do know the German for that: Dummkopf! ;)

Bill

Scheissen!

There’s the extent of my German.

BunkTheory
08-10-2021, 02:11 AM
Get your copy of Hogans Heroes out for that brushup on German...

Its just odd.

Winger Ed.
08-10-2021, 03:20 AM
My guess is that they don't sell much, if any ammo in retail packaging to China, Russia, or in the Middle East.

But in the Western countries where they do have a market that uses our letters and numbers, and along with the picture--
Rather than having different part numbers for the box that has whatever ammo in it,
some printed in one or more of several different languages, they only print one box label in that combination of English & German.

That way, even if you don't speak a word of English, or German, you could quickly figure out what was in the box.
And the warning label may only be required to sell ammo (retail) in the United States, so it's only printed on the box in English.

imashooter2
08-10-2021, 05:53 AM
US is the only country that considers it's people stupid enough to require a legal warning.

More like the US is the only country with juries that will reward people for being stupid.