PDA

View Full Version : I started from scratch, and I like it so far.

LAKEMASTER
08-04-2021, 10:41 PM
I made a big batch of "bad" ammo a few years ago. Both pistol and light plinking rifle rounds. I was hellbound on making it on my progressive press during my daughter's nap time. I rushed and it left me with 06 rounds that don't chamber and 40cal that didn't have enough or no powder in them.

Dug out my equipment a few weeks ago. Got it sorted out from 4 years of moving it around.

Bought an APP press, now I decapp and resize in a hurry " hypothetically "
and don't deal with it on the progressive. Which is something feel made a lot of grief for me.

Reloaded all my rifle rounds on the Lee Classic
Breechlock cast I bought last year and never touched it. Charged the cases with a rcbs uniflow that I got around the same time as the classic cast

Had an awesome day at the range with my dad. Shot my 06 and he shot a 30-30 we haven't touched in 13 years. Got the 06 sighted in and ready to start shooting further.

With my 5 year old daughter, I decapped 500+ 40 cal yesterday on the app press. Decapping is actually fun..... It's going to play a big roll in my future with reloading.

Sorry for the rambling. It feels good to have had a good day at the range now that my 300+ " bad" rounds are a thing of my past. Also haven't shot anything in the last 3 years

Der Gebirgsjager
08-05-2021, 11:30 AM
A nice report. It's always great to get the children or grandchildren involved in our hobby, and few things make one feel better than a good day at the range.

DG

Green Frog
08-10-2021, 11:24 AM
I went down to my loading bench and couldn’t find a can of “scratch” anywhere! I guess I’ll have to go back upstairs and have another drink and rethink my plans. ;-)

Froggie

Good Cheer
08-10-2021, 12:00 PM
It's true, kids love reloading and deloading![smilie=w: