PDA

View Full Version : Got my 45's fixed

Freightman
01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I got the parts to fix the Charles Daly DDA 10- 40/45 after a long search for parts recoil spring, slide lock pin and retaining spring. They quit making them in '01 and the parts left almost as fast, shoot cast to point of aim both truncated cone and round nose.It is my wifes gun now (hope 10 rounds are enough) she is not proficient as she has a tendency to close her eyes. Really need to trade ti off for a good 38 I guess but the recoil isn't any worse on it than a revolver. The color is fuchsia (pink) but is a serious pistol.
The other (black) is a Firestorm by Bersa it will feed anything but had broke the slide hold back pin and is a lot more complicated than the other so took it to my slow but dependable disabled 1/2 blind due to shrapnel in his left eye in Nam, he got it back to me in four months which isn't bad because he usually takes six.

Bret4207
01-09-2009, 09:29 AM
DANG MAN!!! I saw that gun in the dictionary, right next to the definition of "PIMP GUN"!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Freightman
01-09-2009, 12:08 PM
It was my Grand daughters until it quit feeding so she coped my Makarov so I fixed it and it is surprising how accurate it is. It was made by BUL in Israel, have no idea how come the color but they made them in black, green, cammo, and fuchsia.

S.R.Custom
01-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Look at it this way-- you can open carry it in Chucky Cheese and no one would give you a second glance. ;) Prolly wouldn't be too convincing for bank work, though.