PDA

View Full Version : Ruger old model three screw Single Six

Art in Colorado
07-31-2021, 06:14 PM
Was in a local gun store and in the consignment case there was a mint Ruger Single Six. It was priced at $900 plus. And on the tag was the note that it had the original box. It looked like it just came from the factory. It had the
drift adjustable rear sight. I should have noted the serial number. I understand the the originals with out the magnum cylinder had a slight smaller diameter rifling and with the serial number below 50,000 something would put it in that category. I was not interested since I am not a collector. I also heard some place that the original box would command a high price. I had one of these back in the mid sixties and I do not remember the price but it was less then $75.00. Who would have thought.

John Boy
07-31-2021, 06:51 PM
No mention it was for sale with Mag cylinder

hoodat
07-31-2021, 06:57 PM
Mine, of that type, has a serial # of 21-240xx. It is actually a convertible. It was well used when I got it in the early seventies.

Much to-do is made of the bore diameter of .22 vs 22 mag., but I've never slugged mine, and never felt that the 22 LR accuracy was sub par. I simply can't imagine ANY 22 handgun being more accurate than this one. jd

JimB..
07-31-2021, 11:44 PM
Flat loading gate?

Art in Colorado
08-01-2021, 12:57 PM
Flat loading gate?
No flat loading gate and and no mag cylinder at least it was not listed on tag. I did not ask since I was not interested in buying it.

BK7saum
08-02-2021, 10:25 PM
A friends son bought a very good condition 3 screw single six with leather holster and extra mag cylinder for $100 last week. Man, I never fall into those deals. Told him I'd double his money, but he didnt fall for it.

Texas by God
08-02-2021, 11:18 PM
A friends son bought a very good condition 3 screw single six with leather holster and extra mag cylinder for $100 last week. Man, I never fall into those deals. Told him I'd double his money, but he didnt fall for it.Offer triple- still a great deal!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk