PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mittens Day!!!

bakerjw
07-28-2021, 06:24 AM
It was a year ago that a starving, injured and very frightened little kitten showed up at our house and was taken in to become a part of the family.
With the vet bills that followed, I quickly learned of the HUGE hearts and generous nature of so many here at Cast Boolits.
From Hissfest, to the watering bowl incidents to peeing on our bed because she was afraid of outside cats, the little beast known as Mittens has made her way into the household. And often onto my keyboard.

For Mittens Day, all of the girls got tuna.

Pressman
07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
Happy birthday Mittens. You have touched so many lives here.

MrWolf
07-28-2021, 08:02 AM
Happy birthday Mittens. Hope all your days are good from now on.

Dusty Bannister
07-28-2021, 08:38 AM
My oldest daughter and I have one day a year that we celebrate. Not a birthday, or any of the other usual holidays. It is Happy Adoption Day. Looks like you and Mittens have one of those too. Thankfully, we did not have some of the problems you did with Mittens, but there were still "adjustments" to be made. And every year I am reminded how much joy I have received.

gwpercle
07-28-2021, 11:58 AM
It was a year ago that a starving, injured and very frightened little kitten showed up at our house and was taken in to become a part of the family.
With the vet bills that followed, I quickly learned of the HUGE hearts and generous nature of so many here at Cast Boolits.
From Hissfest, to the watering bowl incidents to peeing on our bed because she was afraid of outside cats, the little beast known as Mittens has made her way into the household. And often onto my keyboard.

For Mittens Day, all of the girls got tuna.

LIKE LIKE LIKE !!!
TUNA for lunch ... It Truly is .... a Happy Mittens Day!

To honor the occasion ...I'm going to open a package of "real tuna" and feed my two ... it's their most favorite thing to eat also .
Can't believe it's been a whole year !

Happy Mitten's Day from Me-Me and Shadow (aka Buddy)
Gary

woodbutcher
07-28-2021, 12:29 PM
:D Outstanding Sir.Thanks for posting.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

rking22
07-28-2021, 01:33 PM
Let the celebration begin, and continue! Happy day Mittens, we all love you!

MaryB
07-28-2021, 02:43 PM
Mittens unofficial birthday! Love reading the success stories!

richhodg66
07-28-2021, 05:50 PM
Looks like she lucked out on who she found. I love a happy kitty.

clum553946
07-28-2021, 05:54 PM
So good to see Mittens thriving, she’s such a sweetheart! Have a great day Mittens!

contender1
07-28-2021, 10:47 PM
As I saw this,, it was hard to believe it's been a year.

Truly a wonderful day for y'all, and especially for Mittens. God Bless you,, (again!)

And,, as I type this,, I see you posted it at 6:24 am. Well, it was about that time of day,, that I discovered our Miss Patches had passed away. I buried her about 7 am. She was 17,, and we've been expecting it. She was in a basket, beside the bed,, and passed in her,, and our sleep.
So, I celebrate your 1 year with Mittens,, with a shed tear of joy AND sorrow,, for today.

MaryB
07-29-2021, 01:21 PM
Sorry for your loss contender! I am dealing with a sick kitty(old age) too. Oreo is 23 years old(will be 24 in Sept if he makes it that far).

richhodg66
07-29-2021, 05:28 PM
Oldest we ever had one make it was 18. My very favorite one I ever knew is now 14 and it good health, but obviously not as spry as he once was. I dread the day I know is coming.

contender1
07-29-2021, 11:20 PM
I appreciate all the kind thoughts. But this is more about "Mittens" and we should ALL be happy for such a great rescue! It was just a little personal to me.

richhodg66
07-30-2021, 07:33 AM
Understood. You should honor Mittens and Miss Patches by going out and adopting another one.

bakerjw
07-30-2021, 11:48 AM
It's about all of our wonderful furry companions.
We got our other 2 girls 9 years ago on December 20th. Since they were from the pound, they had to be spayed and kept for a day. We brought them home on my birthday. so we celebrate their day too.

Mr_Sheesh
08-01-2021, 09:09 PM
Mine like Salmon too, in the wet pouches is "acceptable" I am told. One rescue calls their day their "Gotchaversary", I like that humor :)

So glad everything worked out for you with Mittens, that's great :)

And very sorry for the losses, of those who have or will lose, a fur baby. It's hard, because we care.

lightman
08-02-2021, 08:57 AM
It just doesn't seem like a year had passed. Its good to hear happy stories.