PDA

View Full Version : Lube for hot weather

SoonerEd
07-26-2021, 10:17 PM
I'm working on developing loads for my ML with some various boolits I cast. My rig is about as sacrilegious as you can get and still be called a ML. Its a TC omega in 50 caliber. I typically shoot 250 hornady 45 Cal flex tip with black harvester crush sabots with Blackhorn 209 with 90 grains. Shoots great so not messing with that when accuracy is needed. Now that I'm casting I'm trying to find some accurate loads with a minie ball, maxiball, and R.E.A.L. in 50 cal that I've cast. I'm trying to find an appropriate lube that will stand up to the heat in MS. My bore butter separated and looks like olive oil and yellowish cottage cheese. Crisco just turns to liquid. Any ideas on a good lube i can apply at the bench that will hold together in the heat?

Edward
07-27-2021, 07:23 AM
Call track of the wolf and ask them as they sell to different areas and must have an idea . I have one that works for me but PM me if interested/Ed Don"t think he"s that interested, I keep my bullets in the cooler with my lunch .
again/ Ed

dondiego
07-27-2021, 02:33 PM
If your lube melts in hot weather, melt some beeswax into it to harden it up some.

SoonerEd
07-27-2021, 11:06 PM
Ill give track of the wolf a call.