PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up For Paypal Users

Jsm180
07-26-2021, 07:36 PM
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/26/paypal-working-with-adl-to-financially-blacklist-and-spy-on-extremists/

"PayPal, the online payment processing giant, has announced it will work with the far-left Anti-Defamation League (ADL) to collect information on and cut off financial flows to so-called extremists, and that it will share the data it gathers with law enforcement, policymakers, and the rest of the financial industry."

This was the final straw for me, closed my account today.

bakerjw
07-26-2021, 08:34 PM
We need a conservative credit union. Were someone with financial assets to do something like that people would flock to them.

ourflat
07-26-2021, 08:49 PM
I closed my account of 15 years a year ago!

Frank

Mal Paso
07-26-2021, 09:16 PM
Looks like a Hit Piece.

rbuck351
07-26-2021, 09:24 PM
Never had a paypal account even though they keep offering me $5 to get one.

Thundarstick
07-26-2021, 09:47 PM
I closed my account of 15 years a year ago!

Frank

Me to!

BigAlofPa.
07-26-2021, 09:59 PM
Im confused????????? If your not using Paypal for anything illegal. What does it really matter? With everything being electronic these days im sure big brother knows your purchases. Unless using green backs.

Pressman
07-26-2021, 10:04 PM
Big Al, your definition of illegal is in the traditional sense. What PayPal and the ADL are thing of is from the leftist playbook definition. "Anything we don't like is illegal."

BigAlofPa.
07-26-2021, 10:10 PM
Ok i see thanks . Always learning something new lately.

David2011
07-27-2021, 12:54 AM
If they knew how sharp woodworkers kept their chisels and planes they would probably fall into the same category.

rbuck351
07-27-2021, 02:32 AM
I don't care what paypal does or doesn't do, I just don't like them so I don't use them.

abunaitoo
07-27-2021, 04:34 AM
A while back someone posted about another money transfer account company.
Anyone remeber who it was??????

marlin39a
07-27-2021, 05:53 AM
My bank uses Zelle, for money transfers. You have no protection using it.

dverna
07-27-2021, 10:17 AM
Like others, I stopped using Paypal years ago.

Everyplace I shop online take a credit card so I see no need for it.

BTW, hate supporting Amazon, but not enough to pay more to get what I want delivered to my door. For whatever reason, Conservatives do not have the business sense to do what companies like PayPal, eBay, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc have done.

I was hoping Trump would do something for a social media platform but that seems to have fizzled. Parlor seems dead too.

It gets more difficult to boycott every left leaning enterprise anymore. I guess "our" market is not large enough to cater to.

starnbar
07-27-2021, 10:19 AM
I have closed down paypal and only do business with those who will take a personal check I quit with the postal money orders after one was stolen and it took forever to get my money back.

marlin39a
07-27-2021, 10:54 AM
I just dumped PayPal. It was time. With the amount of gun items I bought and sold there, they were sure to shut me down sooner or later.

trapper9260
07-27-2021, 10:58 AM
There is some bullet mold makers use Paypal for payment last I remember , MP is one of them.

Conditor22
07-27-2021, 11:30 AM
eBay sells a lot of gun/shooting-related items and they prominently use PayPal.

Riddle me this: eBay and Amazon won't sell guns, ammo, GC BUT they sell dies, molds, reloading/casting equipment:killingpc:groner::roll:

rbuck351
07-27-2021, 01:11 PM
I don't think they have any idea what reloading or casting is.

Randy Bohannon
07-27-2021, 02:54 PM
Dumped mine, I never minded putting a finger in their eye by only using it for gun related stuff.

Jsm180
07-27-2021, 03:04 PM
https://alignpay.com/index.html is new startup Dan Bongino is involved with, I'm not jumping in just yet.

FredBuddy
07-27-2021, 03:40 PM
So,I used paypal this time to renew my status
here on castboolits. Worked like a charm.
But I also see I have an auto-pay set up now.
I don't have an account (I think), but I don't like
the idea that they have my info. I know there are instructions
here to delete the auto-pay, but have not taken
the time to sort it out. I guess what I am asking
is if there is a better way to pay? Our leadership
is so busy that they have little time to mess with
my little $10.00 check (not complaining, just reality).

I contribute because this website has been incredibly
valuable to me and I want to continue to support it.

bakerjw
07-27-2021, 09:31 PM
After the crap with Parler, I do not trust him completely.

bedbugbilly
07-28-2021, 08:53 AM
PayPal = PP = Pelosi's People

More "censorship" . . . . . nobody should be surprised.

That said . . . I have had an account for years . . . as long as I have been selling / buying on fleabay . . . . . I use it rarely now and certainly am not using it for anything illegal or for money laundering . . . . however . . . . I can't speak as to how Hunter Biden is being paid for his "works of art" . . . . :-)

Beagle333
07-28-2021, 09:20 AM
I've never had trouble with PP. I always use discreet descriptors and have my buyers do the same. And they have gotten me refunds a few times for "discreet items" that were never delivered too. I appreciated that convenience.

1hole
07-28-2021, 10:12 AM
The ranks of rich conservatives and rich "liberals" (aka, the elitist's swamp) are all around us. But only "liberals" are emotionally driven to force the world into limp images of themselves. (Libs love to live in dangerous big city packs too. Poor fools, I guess both orientations are parts of a genetic brain flaw.)

All of you should do as you wish, not as I wish, but I don't need any of them and I won't play their silly games by their silly rules. A country boy can survive ... but lock-step city folk? Not so much.

Mal Paso
07-28-2021, 10:38 AM
What a bunch of Old Wives! I would like Hard Evidence. There are thousands of gun parts for sale right now on ebay with paypal as the preferred payment.

If "they" are watching it's going to take a lot of eyes. In the history of this country have there ever been as many gun sales as now?

white eagle
07-28-2021, 10:54 AM
if there is a more convenient way to pay show it
like they say "put up or shut up"
it's not who is gathering your information by all rites it's where did they get their
marching orders who, what, where. It's not the little guys we should be worried about
it's the people who are receiving this intel

RydForLyf
07-28-2021, 12:46 PM
My problems with PayPal started when I sold an RCBS Trigger Pull Scale on eBay last fall. PayPal locked down my account and froze my balance of almost $1,100. I was told in 180 days I would be contacted via email and told how I could access my money. I tried calling to explain and get things worked out, but it all fell on deaf ears and repeated statements of “There’s nothing I can do”. So I waited. This past May was 180 days so I checked my account… balance $0.00. I checked my activity expecting to see they had transferred the money to my bank account. Imagine my outcry when I found that they had drained my account and stated it was to over damages to PayPal for me violating their acceptable use policy.

No email, no notification, no messaging whatsoever, just stole my money and said, come try to get it back. PayPal is a bunch of crooks that believe they’re too powerful to have to play by any rules other than those that they can dream up.

I still use PayPal, but only friends and family where it’s a free service. I’ll never get my money back, and I’ll make sure I use their free service, hoping their is a hidden cost for them, when I need to send money.

Springfield
07-28-2021, 01:22 PM
I use Paypal to buy and sell all the time, but I never leave a balance of more than 10.00. I just transfer money in and out when needed. Why should I give them my money to use, it's not like they pay me interest on it.

marlin39a
07-28-2021, 01:39 PM
eBay is getting away from PayPal. It’s no longer required to pay with it. I checked into Alignpay. Looks like they want to charge fees, plus $25.00 per month. No thank you.

Jsm180
07-28-2021, 02:15 PM
Paypal was founded in 1998, I survived just fine in the 40 years prior without it. Risk vs reward, my choice.

Alignpay looks to be geared more towards small businesses and organizations, not private money transfers.

1hole
07-28-2021, 02:27 PM
I thought PayPal was originally started and run by eBay itself to facilitate their own sales.

I was carefully screwed by PayPal some twelve years ago when I wanted to change my original account to a different credit card company. When I attempted to enter the changes on line I was immediately locked out; they wouldn't let me I go forward and I couldn't back out of the change. Bottom line, PP ripped me off for well over $200 with that and their lousy "tech support" children were too busy to do anything helpful for anybody.

If I'm going to be screwed by someone I insist on a kiss too, so they'll NEVER be allowed to do business me again!

Bmi48219
07-28-2021, 03:21 PM
I refuse to knowingly deal with any business or entity that actively opposes my beliefs. And that list gets longer everyday.

tankgunner59
07-28-2021, 06:52 PM
I was never interested in getting a paypal account, I didn't like them from the gitgo. If I decided to get an account of that type Alignpay doesn't sound bad on the surface.
If you're looking for a social media that is non-biased and doesn't censor, look at "Our Freedom Book". I haven't been on in a while but I was the same with FB up until I closed my FB account.

Big Tom
07-29-2021, 07:39 AM
I am getting to the point that I don't want to deal with any company based out of California. Interestingly, even at work, me and the other executives refuse to even look at an acquisition of a company in CA...

rbuck351
07-29-2021, 10:23 AM
When I browse through S&S threads here, I see ads that require me to use PP to pay. I just skip them and move on even if I want the item.