PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, July 24

Pine Baron
07-24-2021, 06:31 AM
Good morning all. Patience is not my strong suit. Today's message is a great reminder. Have a safe and blessed day.

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
Patient in the Work

“It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow.”
—1 Corinthians 3:7

Let’s say, for the sake of illustration, that yesterday you told someone about Jesus, and they blew you off. But then last night, your words suddenly came back to them like a little explosion. It was a delayed reaction.

The seeds of the gospel that you sow today may break ground tomorrow. You just want to be faithful in getting those seeds out there.

Sometimes that’s a full-blown proclamation of the gospel, and sometimes it’s sharing a little bit of your testimony. Sometimes it may be returning something that was lost with a “God bless you.” Or it may be telling someone who’s hurting, “I’ll remember to pray for you.”

By doing those things, you’re sowing little seeds. Or you might be watering seeds that others have sown.

Jesus said to His disciples, “You know the saying, ‘One plants and another harvests.’ And it’s true. I sent you to harvest where you didn’t plant; others had already done the work, and now you will get to gather the harvest” (John 4:37–38 NLT).

Utilizing this line of thought, the apostle Paul said, “I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow” (1 Corinthians 3:6–7 NLT).

Conversion is the work of God and God alone.

Yes, He’s looking for laborers in the field, and every one of us has an important part to play. Sometimes it’s a matter of sowing a seed, and other times it’s watering a seed that another person sowed. And sometimes, by God’s grace, it’s reaping what others have sown and watered. But we must be patient in the work of sharing the gospel.

Hossfly
07-24-2021, 06:46 AM
Amen, that is a good one. Patience is a virtue, and I’ve always had little. Been practicing and praying for more, planting seeds here and there. You never know who is watching you and what you do everyday. You can preach without saying a word. Thanks for this, Pine Baron I needed that this morning.

ioon44
07-24-2021, 07:10 AM
Yes , good message.
We are being a witness all of the time whether we realize it or not.

Wayne Smith
07-24-2021, 08:20 AM
"Testify to God, if necessary, use words" one of the most meaningful quotes I know.

GhostHawk
07-24-2021, 08:29 AM
Great Lesson. We never know by what we say or do when those seeds are planted if they will sprout.

We just have to have faith. Keep tilling the ground and scattering seeds.

USMC87
07-24-2021, 09:17 AM
Amen, I have always said that we all are disciples and are called to spread the good news.

dverna
07-24-2021, 09:31 AM
Good message PB! It is not easy for a non-believer to get a "wow" moment. I know....I needed a few hits with a 2x4 for my awakening. I know a church elder who will not deal with questions from non-believers. He will "not waste his time" on them. Some of that attitude was expressed by some who posted on you last thread...."Christians" will not take "stupid questions".

But we must have patience. Many seeds may be cast and not all of them will take hold...but many will grow. If we do not water the seed when it needs nurturing, we have lost an opportunity to show the way to Christ. To me questions are like a seed looking for water...not distractions.

Again...good message...but it may be lost on some. Clinging to faith is not going to show the way to Christ to a non-believer. It is what many Christians do amongst themselves to make it easy on themselves and "justify" themselves. But God expects more from us.

Boaz
07-25-2021, 08:31 AM
We are given to witness . If GOD is in your life and in your heart it is simple . If you find you can't witness it's time to self examine and talk to GOD about it .