PDA

View Full Version : Most interesting...

Bad Karma
01-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I've found that using 50 BMG fired primers can make decent quarter jackets for 9mm. Just have to anneal them first. I have not perfected them yet but I will be posting pictures soon.

nicholst55
01-15-2009, 12:38 AM
How hard is it to find a source for fired .50 BMG primers? That could be a chore in itself!

Bad Karma
01-15-2009, 12:51 PM
How hard is it to find a source for fired .50 BMG primers? That could be a chore in itself!

I have a rifle in that chambering so it isn't too hard to come across. I have about 500 rounds of once fired brass. I need to upload a picture or two of them. If you go to my YouTube channel in Part 3 of Bullet Swaging about half way through I show a few.

Lead pot
01-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Bad Karma.

What you need is my RCBS A-4 Big max press with those M dies:drinks:

Bad Karma
01-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Well I have a much bigger press but I use my standard one to make things more understandable for my viewers. I like the C&H dies but I think their punches are too soft. Even though I am using pure lead I still bulge the swage punch. Do you know of a member here who can make one out of D2 tool steel?

Lead pot
01-15-2009, 05:10 PM
No I sure don't.
I stall have two C&H die sets .44 and .45 I haven't used 20 years or more, well I guess since the 60's, The problem I always had was blowing the nose punch because I was a little careless, but I swaged a lot of 3/4 jacketed bullets with them and they do a good job.
I been set up for the RCE and CSP-1 presses now and will never look back.

Bad Karma
01-15-2009, 05:40 PM
No I sure don't.
I stall have two C&H die sets .44 and .45 I haven't used 20 years or more, well I guess since the 60's, The problem I always had was blowing the nose punch because I was a little careless, but I swaged a lot of 3/4 jacketed bullets with them and they do a good job.
I been set up for the RCE and CSP-1 presses now and will never look back.

I want to go that rout too. Right now it's about the money. That stuff is expensive. Corbin's stuff is way expensive. Any chance of posting pics of your set up and what you make?:mrgreen: