PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for my brother

Pine Baron
07-20-2021, 07:35 AM
Sadly I had to call 911 and have my 60 year old brother removed from his house. He has proved incapable of living independently and in my estimation, presented a danger to himself and others. After the ER, he was transferred to a psych facility only to be returned to the hospital. They determined that they did not have the capability to keep him. The hospital put him in they're psych wing and a doctor determined stage 4/5 dementia, among other things.
Please say a prayer that our Heavenly Father will lead him out of the darkness and into the light of our Savior Jesus. Also pray for my family as we navigate the maddeningly inept processes of the VA, Social Services and the hospital.
It's very hard dealing with this remotely. he is in FL, I'm in NJ, and at the same time, shielding my 91 year old mother, from the troubling details of her son's condition.
Sorry for the rambling, I've been dealing with this since February and am grateful that God has allowed my brother to finally be in a safe place, but the battle continues.

Boaz
07-20-2021, 07:47 AM
Prayer sent . I'll be praying daily for your brother and family . The situation with dementia is a hard road . I still pray for your mother and family but this situation increases the need . Thank you for loving and caring for those you love .

2A-Jay
07-20-2021, 07:52 AM
Prayers Offered Up For your brother and you as well.

ioon44
07-20-2021, 08:06 AM
I have a 46 year old son who has a similar situation, so I understand some of what you are dealing with.

I pray that you will receive Peace beyond understanding in this matter and ask it in Jesus Name. Amen

Bull-Moose
07-20-2021, 08:18 AM
Prayers sent.

Wayne Smith
07-20-2021, 08:22 AM
Prayers sent, this is impossible to deal with in person, much less across distance. The most you can do, other than prayer, is encourage those who are dealing with him on a daily basis. Good for you recognizing the need.

USMC87
07-20-2021, 08:30 AM
I am sorry to hear this, May God touch your brother and guide your family to deal with this. I am praying for you all and will be putting you all on our prayer list.

Markopolo
07-20-2021, 08:30 AM
prayers sent . I am so sorry sir.

Butzbach
07-20-2021, 08:38 AM
Prayers out.

koehn,jim
07-20-2021, 08:47 AM
Prayers sent.

square butte
07-20-2021, 09:01 AM
Prayer sent up for all concerned. I have a brother in similar circumstances. We finally had to do a count appointed medical conservatorship for him. It took my wife and I out of the line of fire in terms of medical and living situation decisions. There were very few places willing and able to take him. I think that saved his life - And ours. All from a distance. We know what you are going through. God Bless you all.

Lloyd Smale
07-20-2021, 09:01 AM
prayers said. One bit of advice when it comes to the VA is get ahold of your local va rep if you havent already. He will help you through the mud of bill paying. Id have been lost many times and given up if it was for my rep.

buckwheatpaul
07-20-2021, 07:04 PM
Father, I come to You to pray for clarity for Pine Baron's brother so that he can find his way to our Savior, Jesus. Please be with his family and friends as he battles this terrible disease that leaves him confused and scared. I know the You walk with him but he sure needs Your help as does his family and I pray that You grant this prayer and all the prayers lifted up for Pine Baron, Pine Baron's brother, and their family. AMEN

pworley1
07-20-2021, 07:28 PM
Until someone has to deal with those issues they can not understand how trying it can be on a family. I don't know how people that don't know the LORD survive it.
Prayers for your family.

Der Gebirgsjager
07-20-2021, 08:06 PM
Pine Baron, I will pray for your brother and your family that he will give you strength and see you through this ordeal.

DG

tankgunner59
07-20-2021, 08:57 PM
Will be praying for your brother, you and your family.

jcren
07-20-2021, 09:32 PM
Prayers sent

Pete44mag
07-20-2021, 09:43 PM
Pine Baron my prayers go out to you your brother and your mother. I know first hand the problems and the pain you are going thru because my wife and I dealing with two family members who are in the same place and deteriorating very rapidly. I will put you and your family on our prayer list.

slim1836
07-20-2021, 09:44 PM
Prayers also to you and your family. You have a lot on your plate and through Jesus you will handle whatever comes before you quite well.

Slim

GhostHawk
07-20-2021, 11:15 PM
Nasty stuff, I saw what it did to my dad in 3 short years.

Pine Baron you have my sympathy and prayers.

Pine Baron
07-21-2021, 06:29 AM
Thank you all for your prayers and support. I'm grateful to God for His blessings. At the moment things are moving along in a positive direction, and that's all I can hope for. One day at a time.

Thundarstick
07-22-2021, 05:13 AM
Praying for a positive outcomes for all. Mental health issues are one of the worst sicknesses to befall mankind.

Pine Baron
08-05-2021, 07:07 AM
Please renew your prayers for this situation, as we have come to a watershed moment. I think I might have found an Assisted Living Facility (ALF) that will take my brother, as the hospital is ready to discharge him. By God's good grace, my brother's demeanor has been stabilized through prescribed medication and I have a doctor's directive for supervised ALF with memory care. That's a big deal, as it allows the facility the ability to get SS Disability, Medicaid and the VA (they have been no help at all) to cover the costs.
It's now time to break the news to my mother. My two other brothers are able to fly down today, my flight got cancelled at the last minute, so they are going to handle the visit to the ALF, hospital, etc. I'm going to video chat with them tomorrow when they're able to sit down with mom. God's will be done, and it is amazing.

buckwheatpaul
08-05-2021, 07:24 AM
I am happy that your brother is doing better. I am praying that the ALF will be a good fit for your brother and the facility. Please keep us informed....Paul

Wayne Smith
08-05-2021, 07:42 AM
I ask Lord that You pull all the pieces together for Pine Baron's brother's care. You know and have control of all those details. Thank you for providing the care that is available.

badguybuster
08-05-2021, 08:09 AM
May GOD shed his grace on you all

Boaz
08-06-2021, 06:54 PM
Continuing in prayer for your brother and the family . And like Paul said..keep us up on the progress of your brother . Sorry you missed the chance to join your brothers and mother but glad you can sill video call .

Pine Baron
08-15-2021, 09:04 AM
15 August update on my brother. After a few set backs, today is the day my brother gets moved to his assisted living facility. I can't be there, but God sent an angel (mutual friend) to help with moving him. Prayers requested that all goes well and God's will be done.
Next up...getting SS Disability and Medicaid Long Term Care.
Again I can't emphasize how disappointed I am with the VA, however, we're not done with them yet.

WRideout
08-23-2021, 07:27 PM
I was a case manager for a Navy vet with a traumatic brain injury, and I know first-hand how difficult it can be to get the VA to admit the obvious. Praying for your brother, and the whole family.

Wayne

Hickok
08-24-2021, 09:06 AM
Father, I come to You to pray for clarity for Pine Baron's brother so that he can find his way to our Savior, Jesus. Please be with his family and friends as he battles this terrible disease that leaves him confused and scared. I know the You walk with him but he sure needs Your help as does his family and I pray that You grant this prayer and all the prayers lifted up for Pine Baron, Pine Baron's brother, and their family. AMENAmen.

memtb
08-24-2021, 10:31 AM
Very sorry to hear this, for your brother, you and your family. Alzheimers, is likely my greatest fear......so unfair/painful for the victim and family! memtb

Pine Baron
08-25-2021, 08:33 AM
August 25 update;
I'm flying down to Florida today, finally. Plan is to go see my mother, get some chores done for her.
Get to my brothers empty house and retrieve his wallet (I.D., etc.) his cell phone, and determine the condition of the house.
Go visit the Assisted Living Facility to see my brother, and sit down with them to see if we can get the Social Security Disability process started.

As far as the VA is concerned, my brother was supposed to see them yesterday, at a local clinic, well that got put off until Sept 13. What a shocker.

Please pray that God show me His path and the Holy Spirit guide me to patience and perseverance. Always in Jesus name. Amen.

Note; I may be "out of pocket" for a few days. So forgive me if I don't keep up with the daily "For Thought and Meditation".

Boaz
08-25-2021, 08:21 PM
Still praying for everyone involved and will continue .

Blackwater
08-31-2021, 03:06 PM
Dementia is a horrible disease, and it wears on the whole family like nothing else I know of. God bless you all PB. It's times like these that makes our Lord our best friend.

Pine Baron
10-25-2021, 09:29 AM
An update on this. I'm flying down to FL again to try and get something done, as we are at a dead end with POA, Medicaid LTC, the VA, etc. Good news is my brother is settled in, at the ALF, and being transported to his VA appointments.

Without "Conservertorship" I can get no information as to diagnosis or treatment options. I have found an elder care attorney and am currently engaged with them for assistance. Hopefully this isn't another dead end.

My youngest daughter will be accompanying me on this go around, and that's a good thing. It's always better to have a "partner" for back up, in addition to getting to see her Grandma. So that's blessing enough, right there.

Please continue prayers that God guides me to His will.

augercreek
10-26-2021, 05:30 AM
Dear Lord, may your will be done for Pines brother this very day.