PDA

View Full Version : Personal demons

badguybuster
07-18-2021, 02:00 PM
So, lately I have been struggling, not with my faith but with my adherence to it. Ive felt that there are two versions of me, one good and one not bad but flawed. Anyway, I was listening to CS Lewis and he is discussing personal demons. Hence my question: Do you believe we each have a personal demon whose soul (pun intended) is to ensure the corruption of our soul? Im beginning to believe that we do.

Half Dog
07-18-2021, 05:26 PM
I agree. I can get upset just driving down the road. My wife is who keeps me from going off the deep end.

Shanghai Jack
07-18-2021, 05:49 PM
But as the Devil blinds all men, so is he now invisibly made blind by Christ.

Winger Ed.
07-18-2021, 05:54 PM
People have been asking about, struggling with, and pondering that since back in the Bible days, and probably before.

I figure if we believe there is good in people, and in the world, it's kind of hard to deny there isn't also evil trying to fight it.
It's one of those things I acknowledge, and try to be at least half as good of a person as my dog thinks I am.

bakerjw
07-18-2021, 06:39 PM
I have a demon in me and it is fierce. I am not an uncaring person, in fact I will go to extreme lengths to protect those for whom I care.
My wife, once was very quiet when I went to the dark place. She knows what I deal with on a regular basis. I am strong enough to keep it in check and all I ask of God, if there is a God, is to direct me if he ever decides that it is to be turned loose.
We all fight battles, some more intense than others.

1hole
07-18-2021, 07:34 PM
I have a demon in me and it is fierce. ... all I ask of God, if there is a God, is to direct me

If there is no God then there are no powerful but invisible spiritual beings like demons striving to guide humans wrongly. If there is a God then there is an anti-god and an army of demons working against God. There IS a God!

Satan's powers are stronger than any man but we have a savior who can - and will - protect us if we call on him and trust him to do what he has promised.

We must choose who we will follow carefully; Christians obtain victories, spiritual and temporal, in Jesus, not ourselves!

Char-Gar
07-18-2021, 08:52 PM
absolutely not!!! "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is the world."...1st John 4:4. There are no demons where the Spirit of God dwells. If you are reading Screwtape Letters, read about the "law of undulation". There you will find the answer to your inconstancy". It is common to all Christians.

GhostHawk
07-18-2021, 09:05 PM
We may each have a dark side, a part of us that thinks, feels and sometimes acts in a not good way.
But we can learn to control that dark side.

I read a story long long ago about a father talking to his son. He said in each of us there are 2 wolves, constantly fighting to be in charge. One light, one dark.
And I remember the son asking which wolf wins? And the father answered "which one do you feed?"

The choices are up to us. And it is easier to be a good person online than it is in person. Because once we have written a post, we have the option to go back and reread it. And NOT click the post reply button.

In person, learning to hold your tongue long enough to muster your thoughts, and moderate your words is hard to learn how to do. Especially if we are agitated or frustrated or angry. But it can be done with practice.

I do believe I was tempted more often to turn to the dark side before I gave myself totally to the Lord.

pworley1
07-18-2021, 09:12 PM
I don't know how many demons have been assigned to me, but I know that I have one Savior and He is all I need.

bakerjw
07-18-2021, 09:14 PM
One made a reference to personal demons. I responded. I understand my demon and deal with it regularly and can say that it is not easy to prevail but I do so on my own and regularly. I am an agnostic only seeking a greater understanding and would love to sit down with God and talk about things. According to most Christians, I will be condemned to hell based on their measure. If that is the measure that God uses, so be it.
Measure ourselves before we ever take a ruler to others.

hoodat
07-18-2021, 09:21 PM
We are all born with a "sin nature". Only through the acceptance of Jesus Christ can we hope to over come it - and even then with imperfect results. We are all flawed, sinful, and imperfect beings even without the help of demons. Allow the Holy Spirit to reside in you and you become a "No Trespassing Zone" for demons.

That being said, many of us have lived for years as expert and enthusiastic sinners. Speaking for myself, I had God in my heart from childhood. But I had him tucked away so deeply that I didn't hear his voice for many years - like forty years.

After about forty years of decadent, profane, selfish, sinful behavior, speech, and thoughts, it is no quick and easy task to clean house. I have let Christ enter my heart, and have made great progress, but let me tell you it's a constant struggle, and not a day goes by that I don't feel like slapping myself up-side the head. jd

augercreek
07-19-2021, 06:30 AM
We are all born with a "sin nature". Only through the acceptance of Jesus Christ can we hope to over come it - and even then with imperfect results. We are all flawed, sinful, and imperfect beings even without the help of demons. Allow the Holy Spirit to reside in you and you become a "No Trespassing Zone" for demons.

That being said, many of us have lived for years as expert and enthusiastic sinners. Speaking for myself, I had God in my heart from childhood. But I had him tucked away so deeply that I didn't hear his voice for many years - like forty years.

After about forty years of decadent, profane, selfish, sinful behavior, speech, and thoughts, it is no quick and easy task to clean house. I have let Christ enter my heart, and have made great progress, but let me tell you it's a constant struggle, and not a day goes by that I don't feel like slapping myself up-side the head. jd

For me it took 60 years!

Rizzo
07-19-2021, 01:06 PM
........would love to sit down with God and talk about things.

Yes, that would be wonderful wouldn't it.
Like a father and son sitting down and the son asking questions to his father about......life, whatever.

Unfortunately, all we have is prayer.
Which is usually just a one way conversation with no answers.

According to most Christians, I will be condemned to hell based on their measure.
Yup! If you do not accept Jesus.....you are going to hell.
Never mind all of the other "religions" that love and praise God just as much as Christians do, they do not matter, they are still going to hell.:veryconfu

Regarding "personal demons", I do not believe so.
While there are cases on demonic possession, I do not see that as being the same thing.

If a person has a hair trigger temperament, one could say that is his "demon".
A drinking problem is his "demon".

Those are human tendencies, not because the person has a personal demon making him do those things.

WinchesterM1
07-19-2021, 01:19 PM
I believe so, if you believe that the Bible says a 1/3 of the host of heaven fell with satan, then we would have 1/3 of all the people who have lived and who will live whose goal is to make us miserable like them… just my $.02

1hole
07-19-2021, 03:06 PM
The best of us don't really need a personal demon, we can handle that part of life for ourselves and we usually do it quite well.

What many people, especially non-christians don't get is going to heaven or hell (yes, they are both real) by being "good" or "bad"; BUT, God measures the hearts of all men and that's not quite the same thing. Of course, "good" hearted people will normally do "good" things - and vice versa - but crafty men can live externally "good" lives and still have "bad" hearts.

God is saddened by self gratifying rebels but he allows those who think they know a "better" way to follow their own courses. Those who think they know how to live better than God will get to spend eternity in the heaven of their own making but they have not built this place or heaven and they won't build their next place either. God made this place and only he makes a good place to live forever. We may happily go through this life on our own terms but our own eternity will be a hellplace.

I once heard a wise man say all "agnostics" (1) think they are quite smart and (2) they think they are smart because they admit they know nothing spiritual. That's odd "thinking" but it fits!

Shanghai Jack
07-19-2021, 04:21 PM
I've had little truck with the "non salus extra ecclesiam" crowd. Matthew 7:1

As for prayer being one way without an answer - the problem is that some people can't recognize that "No" is an answer.

As far a dogma goes, speaking from a Catholic background, I believe that that church has abrogated its moral responsibilities off and on for an extended time and has become politicized. I'm not a sedevacantist but I have little faith in the current "leader"

.429&H110
07-19-2021, 04:51 PM
Flip Wilson proclaimed "The devil made me do it", denying any responsibility.

Our old friend "Demon Rum" is a good example. Some people can be possessed by alcohol. The only cure is not to drink any, simple as that. But the feedback loop cannot be broken by a man alone, many have found the Grace of God sufficient, with fellowship and support of men who have been there.

If you need to stop smoking, don't buy any cigarettes, simple as that.
Who buys the cigarettes, you or a demon? Devil made me do it? No! It's a choice.

My demons came from public education in a fine High Scruel. They nearly killed me. My demons are gone because the Holy Spirit saved me, simple as that. I believe He saved me for a reason.
God loves you just the way you are, and loves you way too much to leave you that way.
Your choice. Where there's life, there's hope.
My pastor likes to say: "Wouldn't it be awful to end up in hell, knowing you didn't have to be there?"

Wayne Smith
07-20-2021, 08:38 AM
Couple of thoughts - 1) Only 1/3 of the angles fell with Satan, that means 2/3 of them are available for God's use. Satan has limited forces, and he has no need to use them when we do it ourselves. Know yourself and your temptations and practice self control and submission to God. James tells me that if I submit to God and resist Satan he will flee from me.

2) the Bible tells me that Satan will flee - so why do I have to flee temptation? The answer is simple - if I don't want it, it's not tempting! Temptation is not outside of me, it's in my desires. So I need to recognize my own illicit desires (I've got a lot of them!) and flee opportunities to engage. Do not tease yourself with your desires that are not Godly, flee the opportunity.

3) Recognize your own selfishness - Frustration is nothing but a two year old temper tantrum all grown up. "I'm not getting what I want when I want it" is the essence of the two year old temper tantrum, and of frustration. So, who told you that you should get what you want when you want it?? We all do it. Recognize this in yourself and begin to take control.

If you succeed in all this you might actually get to meet a daemon, but until then Satan doesn't have to do anything - you are doing it for him.

1hole
07-20-2021, 10:18 AM
Yup! If you do not accept Jesus.....you are going to hell.

Yup. If you want to go to Miami but travel west because you like heading into the setting sun you will never get there. We are told that there is a narrow path to heaven but the road to hell is wide and easy to follow. But, there's no room for multiple paths IF we want to get to God's heaven because he doesn't care how smart we may think we are.

A lot of people "accept Jesus" but only as a head concept; not so many accept him as Lord. That difference makes all the difference.

Never mind all of the other "religions" that love and praise God just as much as Christians do, they do not matter, they are still going to hell.:veryconfu

Don't be confused about the one spiritual word, "god". There are many powerful spirit beings competing for gullible followers but there is only one God; follow him.

Those are human tendencies, not because the person has a personal demon making him do those things.

True.

Flip Wilson aside, the "devil" can't and doesn't "make" anyone do anything, each of us decides for ourselves who we will follow. All evil spirits can do is plant bad ideas and desires in spiritually weak minds until they dominate foolish individuals like puppets but honest prayer for Godly help to resist spiritual evil changes things ... every time!

Char-Gar
07-20-2021, 11:59 AM
Conflating a mora/spiritual weakness or sin with a personal demon is only an attempt to avoid or mitigate responsibility.

Rizzo
07-20-2021, 02:21 PM
As for prayer being one way without an answer - the problem is that some people can't recognize that "No" is an answer.

"No" would be an answer if you "heard" it.
Then it would be a two way conversation.

If you did not get what you asked for, then you could assume the answer was "No", but it would still be a one way conversation.

1hole
07-20-2021, 07:31 PM
"No" would be an answer if you "heard" it.
Then it would be a two way conversation.

If you did not get what you asked for, then you could assume the answer was "No", but it would still be a one way conversation.

Welll ... sometimes it's "later". :)

wv109323
07-20-2021, 09:46 PM
God left us an owners manual for our soul- it is the Holy Bible. It has the answers you need for any situation and God will provide free customer service just for the asking. You do not need a conversation with God because He has covered all the questions in His Holy Word.
We are all born "sinful" and have an evil nature. Good behavior is learned through obedience to the principles in the Bible. You do not have to teach a child to lie it comes natural. You have to teach a child to be truthful (Biblical principle).
Trying to self improve without God is against our sinful nature. It takes God to overcome our sinful behavior.

Char-Gar
07-21-2021, 11:38 AM
The issue of "sin in the believer" is a conundrum in all theological tradition with each tradition having a theological theory to explain and deal with it. Each one of these "traditions" claim Biblically warrant for their theological constructs. The theological constructs do not agree in many points so they can't all be right. Frankly I have never found a satisfactory answer to this thorny question, so I just fall back on God's grace being sufficient for us all.

MT Gianni
07-22-2021, 12:37 PM
Conflating a mora/spiritual weakness or sin with a personal demon is only an attempt to avoid or mitigate responsibility.

I am in full agreement. I can get into enough trouble by myself if I try.

I believe that each of the Apostles would have been assigned multiple demons as they followed the Lords assignments. There is no Biblical record that that happened. If it didn't happen to them it won't happen to us.

Outpost75
07-22-2021, 04:56 PM
I'm with Char-Gar on this one.

If you love our Lord more than you fear the devil, the Holy Spirit is within you. Look your demons in the face, spit in their eye and yell Amen!

barnabus
08-02-2021, 07:18 AM
absolutely not!!! "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is the world."...1st John 4:4. There are no demons where the Spirit of God dwells. If you are reading Screwtape Letters, read about the "law of undulation". There you will find the answer to your inconstancy". It is common to all Christians.

if your statement is true then why is third world countries where the Holy Spirit is working is there demon possession and manifestations? dont take the bible out of context.The bible doesnt say whether a christian can or cannot have a demon.I know christians who have had demons but were not possessed.Possession means ownership, which a christian can not be possessed,but could be influenced from the inside.the demonic is real but can be overcome.

sailcaptain
08-02-2021, 08:12 AM
Remember the bumper sticker years ago that simply said “KILL YOUR TV”. Basis for that statement was rooted in “subliminal messages” being sent to all of us through television.
It’s easy, every 60 frames insert an image of something and “they” will think of it, want it, buy it or hate it without even noticing it.
We all learn anything if 60 beats per minute music is playing in the background, anything. We are based at 60 beats per minute heart rates. So 60 is the number.
The demon “hatred” is more prevalent now.
What’s being sent through your TV, what are you watching, listening to, viewing on your computer?
“They” know the concept.
Kill your TV. Listen to baroque music in the background, quiet, almost silent. It’s all at 60 beats per minute music. You’ll calm down in minutes, feel better, refreshed and the “demon” will go away.
Try it, what have you got to loose. When I first started I had to get records to play, to master this concept. Today download the music, it’s easy.
KILL YOUR TV

Muser
08-10-2021, 02:30 AM
In answer to the original question, "Do you believe we each have a personal demon whose soul (pun intended) is to ensure the corruption of our soul? Im beginning to believe that we do."

The simple answer to your question is that no one knows if everyone has a personal demon assigned to them, there is no Biblical statement as such.
But both the Old and New Testaments present clear evidence that angels exist, and both also give examples of people being tempted, tormented, and possessed by (fallen angels), demons.

With the example of the man being possessed by Legion, many demons; anyone can have one or more who are attacking them. This doesn't have to mean that they are assigned to them, but they could possibly be.

There's been a lot of great thoughts, and some scriptures shared in this thread that apply.

The bottom line is that we cannot in, and of ourselves command a demon to do anything. Only their Creator has that power. But happily for us, when we accept His gift of salvation, Jesus Christ infers this power to us as a Christian, a member of His body of believers.

Personally, for the most part as has been said, we can each get ourselves into enough trouble and sin just following our fallen sinful nature's desires that demons wouldn't have a need to bother with us until we become a Christian. We are already going to hell at that point.
One scenario as an exception could be a focused attack using an unsaved person being manipulated as an attack against a Christian, or group of Christians. Such as in a church service. Sometimes Satanists will do this.

Of course it really doesn't matter if there is one or a thousand demons attacking us once we become a Christian.
As was already said, we can resist the Devil and he has no choice; he/they must leave us. No idea for how long.

Christian writers have identified three ways that temptations come to us- the world, our fleshly desires, and the demons.
When I recognize that I'm being tempted in what I believe is more than my flesh raising a tempting thought, I address any evil beings attacking me to "Leave me in the name of Jesus Christ, and go directly to the Bottomless Pit, there to remain until Jesus directs you otherwise."
There is no biblical basis for this last part, but if it does work it means less of them to tempt, harass, and harm humans. They definitely are gone with that demand.

I'm now in my sixties and have been a Christian since I was ten. I've served as a teacher of children and adults, youth group leader, Bible study leader, etc. My personal experience is that the more grounded and spiritually mature I've become, and helping others to grow, the heavier I've been personally targeted with temptations.
It makes sense to me that once a person becomes a Christian, they wear a target and become under spiritual attack, if they haven't before.
I have some excellent books written by missionaries to foreign lands that relate amazing accounts of what they encountered.

With what is now occurring in our nation with the Marxists fighting like never before to destroy America; I think as the times grow darker, we will see the spiritual warfare become much more in the open and obvious.

ioon44
08-10-2021, 08:38 AM
No more gray areas choose this day whom you will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-10-2021, 08:42 AM
my personal demon is holding a plate with a juicy bacon cheeseburger, crisp fries, and a side of Mac and Cheese.

1hole
08-10-2021, 10:46 AM
Even after the second birth, few of us require a personal demon to lead us astray.

BUT, if there is [i]NO]/i] change in our lives there obviously hasn't been a true commitment to our Lord and that's spiritual deadly. In fact, the whole list of do's and don'ts isn't so we know how to earn our way into heaven - we can't be that good no matter how hard we may try - the list is for us to test ourselves (and, yeah, others too) for progress in heart change.

fixit
08-10-2021, 02:52 PM
I suspect that a true, concerted, demonic attack is not as common as frequently suggested, however, when it happens, there will be no doubt. My own experience, many years ago, concerns what I suspect was an actively anti-christian individual praying against me.... I was working on my associates, in the lunch room at the community college, when I had a sudden, and very intense, urge to commit suicide came over me. I spent the rest of the evening and part of the next day praying against the urge, and just as suddenly, it went away. I've had other dealings with spiritual attacks, but that is the most intense. All of this is to say, most often, I don't think we are important enough to get a personal demon.... they just mess with us periodically, kind of throwing poo against the wall to see what sticks. I know, for my own part, that I'm perfectly capable of getting into my own set of trouble, without any help. That's why I'm very glad for my Savior!

Char-Gar
08-11-2021, 01:08 PM
if your statement is true then why is third world countries where the Holy Spirit is working is there demon possession and manifestations? dont take the bible out of context.The bible doesnt say whether a christian can or cannot have a demon.I know christians who have had demons but were not possessed.Possession means ownership, which a christian can not be possessed,but could be influenced from the inside.the demonic is real but can be overcome.

You are talking to a guy that has spent years in the 3rd. world as a missionary and have dealt with actual demon possession up close and personal. I have answers to your question, but I will not open up that can of worms on a shallow internet board like this. There is too much chance to be misunderstood and to many trolls that abide here. It would take many pages to even begin to give an answer to your questions. I will only that that Satan is a defeated enemy and only has the power we give to him though belief in his power. Start talking about this stuff and folks will get interested and might get to near the fire and get burned. I have zero fear of Satan and his gang.

I will say I don't take the Bible out of context.

Among some Christian circles, there is the tendency to call any negative habit or trait as having demon origins. I knew a youth group some years back where the adult leader told the youth they had the demon of nail biting, gossip, masturbation etc. He would them have the go outside and vomit out the demons. Talk about leaving a bunch of screwed in the head teenagers, some of whom were to scared to get out of bed because some demon might jump on them and control their behavior. When folks, who are ignorant of true Satanic activity become obsessed with the subject, then bad thing can likely be produced, not through Satan's activity but though people obsession's with Satan.

barnabus
10-29-2021, 05:34 AM

you totally took that scripture out of context. lol jesus dwelt in many places and there were demons everywhere he went. the bible makes no distinction whether a christian or non christian can have a demon so neither should you. it might make you feel better but you are lying to yourself.

JimB..
10-29-2021, 12:37 PM
you totally took that scripture out of context. lol jesus dwelt in many places and there were demons everywhere he went. the bible makes no distinction whether a christian or non christian can have a demon so neither should you. it might make you feel better but you are lying to yourself.
But didn’t God dwell in Jesus? It isn’t that demons will run from the room or the building, but that they can’t take up residence in your heart/soul when it is filled with the holy spirit. The demons be banging at the gate all the time, to stop that would make us something other than human; God could, but he hasn’t, there is a reason.

Winger Ed.
10-29-2021, 01:10 PM
Well,,,,,,, I figure personal demons are just as real as our guardian angels.
Personally, I think I have both.

I used to work with a guy that I called, 'confused'.
We were talking one time and the subject of ghosts came up.
He said, "I don't believe in ghosts".
I asked him if he was a Christian, and believed the Bible was the word of God"?

He said he certainly was, and yes- he did.
I told him the Bible had several ghost stories in it, and asked how he felt about the 'Father, son, and Holy Ghost' thing.

It got real quiet............

I've often found that for people to realize or learn something,
you have to ask them a question that they'll have to answer themselves.

1hole
10-29-2021, 01:39 PM
Sadly, most of us really don't need a personal demon to pull us down, we can usually manage that quite well all by ourselves.

justindad
11-12-2021, 02:48 AM
I had a demon on me when I was in college. I had a period a deep loneliness & sorrow, for which there was no cause. I prayed about it, and then I had a dream. There was a dark & gray/blue faced manlike creature walking towards my bed. Seeing the demon (in my dream), I recognized what it was and fear gripped me to the point where I could neither breathe nor speak. In my dream, I mustered all my strength to say the following words, which erupted from my mouth as I awoke and my hand shot forward: “In the name of Jesus Christ, I command you to leave.”
I then felt a sensation I can only describe as being washed. The demon was expelled through prayer, and the unfounded sense of loneliness & sadness was gone.

Sig556r
11-12-2021, 11:40 AM
Mental health is both logical & emotional inner struggles...triggers among bipolar personalities is more the latter while cognitive reactions, the former.
Faith however is neither, its a deeper state...

starnbar
11-22-2021, 08:16 AM
I do not believe anybody carries a demon it goes against the baptism we receive we are washed clean the demons are real make no mistake about that and if you have been around pure evil in the mortal form you can smell it. You ever seen a dog get right up and spot a person maybe a block away and just start snarling and you know that dog would defend you to the death from that person who is just walking down the street. Yeah evil comes in many forms I have seen it and felt it firsthand evil is real.

.429&H110
11-23-2021, 12:42 PM
We need more Scripture here...
I enjoy reading this one from Acts to the kids for Halloween:

The Sons of Sceva

13Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. 14And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. 15And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? 16And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. 17And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified. 18And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds. 19Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. 20So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Amen

tankgunner59
11-23-2021, 11:38 PM
I don't know about personal demons as such, but I do believe we all have our weak points. I am sure I do, and I have to fight the good fight or give in. There are times I give in and times I don't. I also know that God does not expect us to be perfect, there has only ever been one perfect individual on this earth and He isn't physically here at this time. What we need to do, and when I say we I mean me, continuously pray for forgiveness when we need it, and strength to resist the devil and his agents. It is difficult for me at times but I do my best to ask Jesus to guide me in all that I do.

Gobeyond
02-13-2022, 06:43 AM
Many people in the world are oppressed by demons if not possessed. Christians can be oppressed at times. The mentally ill and greedy and many others are tempted regularly, we all are. Depressed people and celibates, we all have our weaknesses where we can be tempted and it can be dark.
Don’t say that people are ‘gong’ to hell but headed for hell. That’s a judgment. Because you never know when the Lord is going to call someone. Judging someone puts their defenses up and resists the Lord.

Good Cheer
02-14-2022, 03:05 PM
In the hobby room today I listened to the episode #1729 from February 9th of Caravan To Midnight.
There was a discussion of a good example of demonic attack and the entity being ordered out.

Good Cheer
02-21-2022, 06:05 AM
Any of you fellas think we're in a time of stepped up spiritual attacks?

Kosh75287
02-21-2022, 08:41 AM
I can't remember the movie from which I heard this, but an adult and adolescent Indian (Native American, not eastern Indian) were talking, when the elder said:
"Within me, there are two hungry wolves, constantly fighting (for my spirit?). One is good, one is evil."
Adolescent Indian: "Which one will win?"
Elder Indian: "The one I feed the most."

I guess this is nothing more than a restatement of what's already been said in this thread. These lines from a movie were the most succinct and understandable way in which I've ever hear this notion expressed.

barnabus
05-13-2022, 08:01 PM

Then why is there demonic activity in places like africa where the Holy Sirit is working?

.429&H110
05-20-2022, 03:05 PM
The Holy Spirit is working everywhere even in Africa.
We pray constantly for our missionary to Ukraine.
Lord sent him, he's doing fine. He founded a Baptist church in Khargiv.
He is safer than our missionary to San Francisco.
China's Christians are cancelled like America's.
There may be more Christians in China than America.
Holy Spirit bringing Revival!
To every action there is an opposite reaction as dark opposes the Light.
Spiritual warfare can get very real.
Do you go to the internet to study demons? You will certainly find some.
One might follow you home, but I pray you are safe in your Armor.

Pastor opines there are demons in every church parking lot, that's an easy place to catch a soul. When the pastor skins you with a sermon that convicts, you walk outside pondering wondering doubting and a demon will try the only lie that works: "Did God really say?". By the time you get to your car you feel better, ready to road rage with the rest of the congregation racing the fallen world to Walmart for lunch.

Satan only has the power you give him.
You have the real power of choice, you are free to choose.
Choose the Light!
Did you invite demons to your Halloween party?
They might stay on, like leftovers in the fridge.
How do we exorcise a Disney Christmas?
Prayer.

fixit
05-23-2022, 01:12 PM
I heard it said once, and tend to agree with the sentiment, that I am nobody special, and do not warrant a dedicated demonic cohort to derail. I have my own capacity for self derailing without any outside help, and as such, most of my troubles are in some way my own doing. I have experienced demonic attacks, and let me tell you, there's no mistaking it when it happens! That said, most of the time, I don't rank high enough for their focus.

Scorpion8
05-23-2022, 02:33 PM
Hence my question: Do you believe we each have a personal demon whose soul (pun intended) is to ensure the corruption of our soul?

I believe that we all may have our own personal demons, that they change with time and experience, and that, for the most part, we create them ourselves. We over-analyze, we read intentions or comments the wrong way and then obsess over those things. Some demons remain with us from experiences or actions in an earlier part of our life. But none of them need to control us.

barnabus
06-29-2022, 09:53 PM

thats just a quote by someone who doesnt know scriptures. just look at countries where people are being saved by the spirit of God and all the demonic activity in the same place.That scripture in no way says a person cant have a demon.

Alabama358
07-01-2022, 04:01 PM

Bingo!
Well said Char