PDA

View Full Version : what a mess

Lloyd Smale
07-12-2021, 06:58 AM
what a mess. I was scheduled for a hip replacement tomorrow. Every thing was fine and last night i had a siezure. Had one about 4 years ago and i take meds and it seemed to be fine. Now this. I hope the doc still will do it. Kind of screws me if he wont. Crop damage deer shooting is coming next month and this was the only window to be up and running by them. then add to it its going to meaning no driving for 6 months to a year so the buddy is going to have to drive everyday and regular deer season is about toast. Timing couldnt be any worse.

mozeppa
07-12-2021, 07:13 AM
get well. hoping for the best!

richhodg66
07-12-2021, 07:17 AM
They're telling you no driving for that long? That's surpising, Dad had both replaced and seemed like he was back to full speed (for a guy who was pushing 80 at the time anyway). Seems recovery for a hip replacement is a lot quicker and easier than a knee, I'd have never guessed.

I hope they get it scheduled, but if the seizure presents a problem, there will always be next year, I don't think Michigan will run out of deer in the mean time.

Good luck.

No_1
07-12-2021, 07:34 AM
A friend of mine had his replaced after the “ball” disintegrated. He was required to walk before they would discharge him. Needless to say he walked shortly afterwards and 2 days after the surgery I drove him home.

MrWolf
07-12-2021, 07:36 AM
Hope you can still have the operation as planned. That would suck if they had to push it off. Went through something similar before my back operation. My blood pressure was to high. Kept telling them it was the cold, damp weather. They finally told me they would operate about 15 minutes before they wheeled me in. Nurse there told me no problem, they can easily adjust blood pressure. Duh. Good luck.

square butte
07-12-2021, 07:48 AM
Put'n up a prayer for ya

Markopolo
07-12-2021, 08:08 AM
Mee too... prayers sent!!!

curdog
07-12-2021, 08:14 AM
Prayers sent, get well soon..........................Curdog

gbrown
07-12-2021, 08:54 AM
Praying for you. Put it in God's hands. He'll take care of it. I hope it goes in your favor. Good luck, praying for a swift recovery.

hiram
07-12-2021, 08:57 AM
Be well, get well.

rcslotcar
07-12-2021, 08:59 AM
Good luck with your surgery and a fast healthy recovery!!!!

fivegunner
07-12-2021, 09:04 AM
Prayers sent for you Lloyd, Hope everything work`s out well for you.

bakerjw
07-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Things happen for a reason. It sucks when they do happen but later we look back and agree that it was for the right reasons.

smoked turkey
07-12-2021, 09:40 AM
It seems to be harder to get into the doctor for what you need and want than ever. I hope your surgery goes as planned and that you can get on with your life. You'll do fine once you get past the operation. I'm praying for a quick recovery for you.

Texas by God
07-12-2021, 10:21 AM
Get well, I hope you get your running gear fixed.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

JoeJames
07-12-2021, 11:20 AM
Sometimes the Lord has other plans. Remember the Peace of God which passeth all understanding.

gwpercle
07-12-2021, 12:45 PM
I'm 71 and have had Epilepsy since I was 13 years old . Take medication and mostly seizure free , as long as I take medicine and get proper rest .
As long as doctor's know you are prone to seizure they keep the medicine on hand to give intravenously and for me this has stopped NO surgeries or procedures ... and I've had many in the last 58 years ... if they know , they will take precautions and everything will be just fine .
Remember ...the Good Lord looks out for us old fools and children !
Will pass along a prayer for you .
Gary

Shuz
07-12-2021, 12:53 PM
Have faith Lloyd, God will see you through this.

Lloyd Smale
07-12-2021, 01:14 PM
They're telling you no driving for that long? That's surpising, Dad had both replaced and seemed like he was back to full speed (for a guy who was pushing 80 at the time anyway). Seems recovery for a hip replacement is a lot quicker and easier than a knee, I'd have never guessed.

I hope they get it scheduled, but if the seizure presents a problem, there will always be next year, I don't think Michigan will run out of deer in the mean time.

Good luck.

no its the seizure that requires six months of no driving. I could probably if i had to drive home from a hip replacement. They use a pain block thats suppose to work for 2 days and its my left leg so with an auto your not useing it anyway.

Lloyd Smale
07-12-2021, 01:15 PM
A friend of mine had his replaced after the “ball” disintegrated. He was required to walk before they would discharge him. Needless to say he walked shortly afterwards and 2 days after the surgery I drove him home.

my ohter hip replacement they had me on my feet within a hour of waking up but they did keep me for the night. i think this is realitively new. My last back surgery they let me go home the same day and that was tougher then this hip replacement would be.

Lloyd Smale
07-12-2021, 01:17 PM
thanks for all the well wishes guys. there appreciated. Just go off the phone with his PA and he said it should cause a problem so its on for tomorrow thank God.

Dieselhorses
07-12-2021, 01:22 PM
Praying for you!

gwpercle
07-12-2021, 01:43 PM
thanks for all the well wishes guys. there appreciated. Just go off the phone with his PA and he said it should cause a problem so its on for tomorrow thank God.

You did mean ... "cause NO problem ...so it's on for tomorrow ... " Right .... Thank God .
I told you the Good Lord Looks after us Old Guys and He will .
Gary

woodbutcher
07-13-2021, 01:13 AM
[smilie=s: Wishing you the best for the surgery and a quick recovery.
Good luck.
Leo

Lloyd Smale
07-13-2021, 07:13 AM
You did mean ... "cause NO problem ...so it's on for tomorrow ... " Right .... Thank God .
I told you the Good Lord Looks after us Old Guys and He will .
Gary

yup getting ready to head out the door.

MrWolf
07-13-2021, 07:55 AM
Good luck!
Ron

nekshot
07-13-2021, 08:39 AM
I pray for a quick recovery. I go for hip replacement the 26 of this month and deer hunting was a concern also!'

Budzilla 19
07-13-2021, 09:16 AM
Good luck to you, Lloyd!! Should be simple. Update us, please sir!

gbrown
07-13-2021, 09:49 AM
Good Luck, fella. Wishing for the best possible outcome. Again, praying for a speedy and complete recovery.

Scrounge
07-13-2021, 10:58 AM
what a mess. I was scheduled for a hip replacement tomorrow. Every thing was fine and last night i had a siezure. Had one about 4 years ago and i take meds and it seemed to be fine. Now this. I hope the doc still will do it. Kind of screws me if he wont. Crop damage deer shooting is coming next month and this was the only window to be up and running by them. then add to it its going to meaning no driving for 6 months to a year so the buddy is going to have to drive everyday and regular deer season is about toast. Timing couldnt be any worse.

No driving for a year? Which surgery are they doing? I've had both hips replaced. First one, in 2009, was the one they cut through the gluteus maximus. That took over a year to heal properly, but I was still driving at 8 weeks. Second surgery was through the front of the hip joint, just inboard of the attachment point for the muscles up front. If you put your hand flat on the top of your thigh, with your thumb tucked into the groove there against your abdomen, your fingertips will be about where the incision is. I was back to work in 8 weeks, and driving myself before then. I don't even have a scar there. They cut through only soft tissue, no muscles, and it heals fast. If they're doing the old surgery, like my 2009 hip replacement, I'd find another doctor, fast!

Hmm. Guess it's too late. Good luck, and God Bless!

Bill

MT Gianni
07-14-2021, 12:55 PM
No driving for a year is standard after a seizure.

gwpercle
07-14-2021, 02:56 PM
yup getting ready to head out the door.

I told you it would be no problem ... and the Lord will look out for you ...
...I know he will.
Gary

JoeJames
07-14-2021, 04:16 PM
No driving for a year is standard after a seizure.Same for Arkansas, but maybe just six months in Michigan?

Rick Hodges
07-14-2021, 04:49 PM
Hoping and praying for the best outcome for you LLoyd. Get well soon. It will work out.

Lloyd Smale
07-14-2021, 05:19 PM
Same for Arkansas, but maybe just six months in Michigan?

yup 6 months here. I think the way it works is if you have another in that 6months it then goes to a year. Honsety i could get away with it. I didnt let them take me to the emergency room so there is really no record saying i had an epileptic seizure. But i wouldnt take the chance with someone elses life so i did call my VA doctor and told her. First one for me in 4 years. I had two back then one that night that put me in the emergency room in a near by larger town. Went home and fell asleep on the coach and had another one and had to go back. Been taking meds since. I did find out (my wife looked) that i had forgot to put my siezure meds in my pill pack for the whole week so thats probably what did it. Sure shows me ill be on them for life.

Gator 45/70
07-14-2021, 08:27 PM
Knee mail sent, Hope and pray for great results !