PDA

View Full Version : Berry's Tumbler Repair

Mitch
07-11-2021, 10:17 AM
This one is from the early 90s.The problem is the Red cover or cap I am not sure what it is called.it is some sort of rubber.There should be one one both ends.I have been trying to search for this Red part but have no clues wat it is called.It seems to be the only thing wrong with the tumbler.

Thanks for any help
Bob

ReloaderFred
07-11-2021, 11:10 AM
If you put it back together and send it to Berry's with $20.00, they will either repair, or replace the unit. Just give them a call. I don't recall whether or not they require an RA #, or not.

The last one I had them repair was for the motor and I didn't send the bowl, so I could package the base/motor section in a smaller box.

Hope this helps.

Fred

1hole
07-12-2021, 09:26 AM
I believe Barry's stuff is the most over-looked in our market. They don't make many things but what they make is excellent, especially including their vib tumbler and inertia bullet puller.

jmorris
07-12-2021, 09:41 AM
The parts on either side of the rotor are bearings, allow it to spin without contacting the stator.

I can tell from your photo but the red part might just be a bushing. In a pinch you might be able to cut strips of aluminum from a can and roll it around the bearing and keep it centered in the hole.

country gent
07-12-2021, 10:19 AM
Look at berrys sight there might be a disassembly diagram of the tumbler, this will give you the name and number of the part. Then call berrys for a replacement. That piece appears to be a dust cover for the bearing. It seals the bearing and makes it easier too assemble and disassemble. It also helps to shield the motor from outside vibrations.

Alumnirite sells poly urethane kits and a mould possibly could be formed from the existing then cast from polyurethane. Chances are you will have to add a pin for the shaft in the mould though.

jcren
07-12-2021, 10:40 AM
Not sure about that device specifically, but copiers use hard, high temp plastic "bearing cups" to isolate bearings from heat or vibration. What are the dimensions and is it hard or soft?

ReloaderFred
07-12-2021, 12:29 PM
Look at berrys sight there might be a disassembly diagram of the tumbler, this will give you the name and number of the part. Then call berrys for a replacement. That piece appears to be a dust cover for the bearing. It seals the bearing and makes it easier too assemble and disassemble. It also helps to shield the motor from outside vibrations.

Alumnirite sells poly urethane kits and a mould possibly could be formed from the existing then cast from polyurethane. Chances are you will have to add a pin for the shaft in the mould though.

Berry's won't sell the motors, or parts for the motors. It's much easier to just send the unit to them and let them fix it. If any of the plastic needs to be replaced, they'll do that at no charge. They're nice folks to deal with.

Hope this helps.

Fred