PDA

View Full Version : Need Help finding parts for an old Bonanza Press

oleycow
01-05-2009, 10:33 PM
I recently accuired an old Bonanza 68 single stage press from my not yet dead father, with the intention of using it to reload my new .454 casull's. however he could only find the lrg. pistol primer post and has yet to find the small primer post.

Does anyone know where I might have some luck finding a priming post for this press. I already contacted the company without any luck.

Thanks

Kraschenbirn
01-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Might just be your lucky day. Laying on the desk beside my coffee cup is not only a genuine, original "small" priming post for a Bonanza 68 but, right next to it, there's also a "large" to match. Considering I haven't primed a case on that old single-stage since I bought my first Lee Autoprime, those two might as well migrate to somewhere they'll see some use. Send a PM with a mailing address and I'll get 'em headed your way.

Btw...I've had my Bonanza 68 since the early 1970s and it's still my favorite single-stage for full-length sizing or case-forming. If you ever think of upgrading to something newer...I believe I could, probably, make room for it on my bench.

Bill

Bret4207
01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
I recently accuired an old Bonanza 68 single stage press from my not yet dead father, with the intention of using it to reload my new .454 casull's. however he could only find the lrg. pistol primer post and has yet to find the small primer post.

Does anyone know where I might have some luck finding a priming post for this press. I already contacted the company without any luck.

Thanks

I just spit coffee all over my keyboard!:mrgreen: Welcome to the clan!

TAWILDCATT
01-08-2009, 11:25 PM
what company??? foster bought them out.get a lee primer tool much better.
:coffee: [smilie=1:

oleycow
01-12-2009, 04:28 PM
thanks to Kraschenbirn I'm set, and the reloading is in progress.

home in oz
01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
The Lee is pretty good.