PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever dealt with???

1Hawkeye
07-07-2021, 11:35 AM
Enyone ever dealt with a company called northwest fine guns ? They have a rifle listed that I'm interested in but when I looked up there website all I saw was red flags about them and no actual website. So I figured I'd ask.

405grain
07-08-2021, 06:39 AM
Never heard of them. I entered their name in Google search and their pop-up for that site's webpage says "permanently closed". It's a scammer. I would avoid that like the plague. What ever it is that your interested in is probably bait that was downloaded from some site on the web. Everything about this sounds sketchy. "Northwest Fine Guns" might have been a legit place (I don't know, can't say), but they're out of business now. Whoever is offering something posing as them is most likely just trying to thin your wallet.

John Boy
07-08-2021, 05:22 PM
Company looks OK to me … https://www.gunsinternational.com/northwestfineguns-.cfm.

1Hawkeye
07-08-2021, 05:39 PM
It may look ok to you John but I got a bad feeling about it when the "the business is permanently closed" popped up and further digging came back with There are 45 fraudulent credit card complaints against this business and the businesses owner refuring to herself as governor. I thought like you did based on the guns int. feedback thats why I posted the question here cause it seems like one to avoid to me.

Shawlerbrook
07-08-2021, 06:07 PM
I always go by the rule that if I have any inkling of suspicion or uncover any red flags then I walk away fast from an online sale. On GB I only deal with dealers with a long history of good feedback and use the protection of a credit card. Some also say a USPS offers some security but I ( luckily) have never had to try it.

1Hawkeye
07-08-2021, 07:16 PM
Shawlerbrook, I agree with you and I ran from it. But i'm puzzled by the fact that this place had an a+ rating with over 700 sales from guns international (or was that just bait?)

john.k
07-08-2021, 09:41 PM
Simplest way to smoke them out is to demand to see the gun in person....if they cannot give you a street address,which you check on "street view",then its a phony.

GOPHER SLAYER
07-09-2021, 02:06 PM
As Robert DeNero said in the movie Ronin, " if there is a doubt, there is no doubt".

Shawlerbrook
07-09-2021, 05:57 PM
There are dealers on GB that have hundreds of feedbacks and the majority are positive, but anyone with less than a high 90’s(96%+) positive I avoid. I don’t expect perfection because some buyers just can’t be pleased but when someone with hundreds or thousands of sales has 5% or more negatives it’s just too much for me.

uscra112
07-09-2021, 07:42 PM
Amazon has a well-known problem with sellers creating false positives for themselves. so I always go look at the 1-star ratings first.

I've seen one similar case on Gunbroker, I think. I also got involved in a case where a really rude-n-crude seller got my negative feedback erased. How, I don't know. But it's interesting that said seller stopped listing anything shortly thereafter.

John Boy
07-10-2021, 10:21 AM
Seller: Northwest Fine Guns
Company: Northwest Fine Guns
First Name: Ben
Last Name: Reali
State: Washington
Zip: 98272
Phone: (425) 922-9241
Premium Seller
Active Listings: 59
Total Listings: 1188
Seller Type:FFL Dealer
Return Policy: 3 day

1Hawkeye
07-10-2021, 12:26 PM
Seller: Northwest Fine Guns
Company: Northwest Fine Guns
First Name: Ben
Last Name: Reali
State: Washington
Zip: 98272
Phone: (425) 922-9241
Premium Seller
Active Listings: 59
Total Listings: 1188
Seller Type:FFL Dealer
Return Policy: 3 day

Yep and
Business permanently closed.
Under investigation for over 45 fraudulent credit card charges.
No storefront.
No active website.
Owner refers to herself as govenor ???
Knowone stepping up to vouch for them or any feedback other than what the op says is feedback.
NOPE this one is a Hard Pass.
You can step in that one I won't be.