PDA

View Full Version : Cast Bullet Assoc Forum

Little Doc
01-05-2009, 08:25 PM
any members of the cba here.? if so are you able to get on the forum? about two weeks ago i was able to get on the new layout and after that i can not get anything to come up. is it down, not working or what. anyone got any ideas.
thanks
little doc

mrbill2
01-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Little Doc
I was on there this morning. I haven't had any trouble at all and I'm on twice a day, morning and evening.
Mr. Bill

Slowpoke
01-05-2009, 08:41 PM
any members of the cba here.? if so are you able to get on the forum? about two weeks ago i was able to get on the new layout and after that i can not get anything to come up. is it down, not working or what. anyone got any ideas.
thanks
little doc

Works for me.---- http://www.castbulletassoc.org/forum/

Little Doc
01-05-2009, 08:51 PM
i have tried everyway i know and all i get is a blank page. even went to the web site and tried the forum there. still the same. must be my system. any ideas what to do?
thanks
little doc

smokemjoe
01-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Worked for me for 2 days + now

snuffy
01-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I just tried to get on, no problems---But what did they do? It,(the forum), seems the same as before, un-usable. I get real frustrated having to scroll sideways to see the forum, then NOT have the entire forum fit on my screen. Or have it fit, but the font is so small I need a magnifying glass to see it.

Besides, they've had my money for my membership for four months, nary a squeak out of them. No card or anything like a letter or how do ya do! They can go fly a kite, who needs them when there's this forum???

mtgrs737
01-06-2009, 12:43 AM
No problems for me either.

Bret4207
01-06-2009, 08:22 AM
I just tried it and it worked fine for me. I bet there is a setting in your browser that's butting heads with the sites system. If you're using a MS program, try using Firefox. It's free and far less trouble to use than Internet Explorer. The new Firefox 3 is great.

Pat I.
01-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Snuffy, I'm your regional director and if you'll PM me your information I'll get on it right away and see what the hold up is. It shouldn't take 4 months to hear something so give me a chance to make it right.

Pat Iffland

Bodine
01-06-2009, 09:08 AM
I just tried to get on, no problems---But what did they do? It,(the forum), seems the same as before, un-usable. I get real frustrated having to scroll sideways to see the forum, then NOT have the entire forum fit on my screen. Or have it fit, but the font is so small I need a magnifying glass to see it.

Hi Snuffy
I am the webmaster for the CBA..
I think that perhaps your issue is with your display settings/screen resolution.
The site is designed to be viewed best at 800x600 and should automatically resize to fit your screen.
If you are using an older system with a smaller monitor, that may explain the problem you are having.

I recently went through and increased all of the font sizes to make it easier to read and in fact the fonts used at the CBA forum are larger than the fonts used here..

If you send me a PM I would like the opportunity to help you work through the problem.

quasi
01-06-2009, 02:55 PM
that forum should be renamed the "dead zone" Not much activity there, compared to here.

Shuz
01-06-2009, 09:01 PM
thanks
little doc

I'm a CBA member and am able to get on the CBA forum. Hopefully the help others have offered will enable you to also.

Bret4207
01-07-2009, 07:31 AM
that forum should be renamed the "dead zone" Not much activity there, compared to here.

That's unkind. There's lots of good info there, and many of our members post and cross post there. It's a smaller board, but there was a time when there were only a couple hundred members here too.

MT Gianni
01-07-2009, 10:32 AM
That's unkind. There's lots of good info there, and many of our members post and cross post there. It's a smaller board, but there was a time when there were only a couple hundred members here too.

I agree, our "today" search now runs 750+ posts which can take a while to keep up with.

snuffy
01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Wow I hate to whine, BUT once in a while you get things fixed.

Thanks to Pat I and Bodine, I've gotten my "concerns" taken care of. My membership was found and my fouling shot and membership are on the way, thanks Pat. Then at Bodines urging, I messed with my screen resolution, changed it to 800 X 600, hated the way that made the rest look, and didn't solve my problems with the CBA site. I changed it back to 1024 X 768, and now the CBA site and all the rest look great! Dadburn computers anyway![smilie=1: Must have been on my end, dadgum dell must have needed a kick in the pants to work right!

I'll certainly spend more time over there now that the irritating scroll back and forth is no longer needed. That's the way to make a forum grow, spend time there, maybe even contribute? I certainly don't know everything. If I don't learn something in any given day, it's a loss.

Recluse
01-07-2009, 01:34 PM

Agreed.

Lots of good folks over there and I've never NOT had someone help me when I've PM'd them. Not sure I've even posted anything publicly there but I've sent some PMs.

Am planning on finally joining CBA end of this month. I'm letting a few other memberships that are non-gun related lapse and putting those funds into pro-gun organizations. CBA is one of them, plus the art and tradition of boolit casting is something that we all need to support and keep alive and well.

It shouldn't be a competitive thing between boards or groups. It should be a cooperative thing.