PDA

View Full Version : 94 32 Winchester Special

Tyro
01-05-2009, 04:05 PM
I have reloaded cast pistol bullets for years, but have just recently begun to load for a rifle. I am shooting the RCBS 32 170 fn over 34 grains of W748. My Winchester"s bore is .320. The bullets drop from the mold at .323 and I am running them through my old Saeco lubrisizer at .321 using the NRA formula lube. I am getting 1 inch groups at 50 yards. Should I be happy with this or try tweaking for better accuracy? I have ordered some BAC lube and will order a Ranch Dog mold in the morning. All recommendations will be appreciated.

jtaylor1960
01-05-2009, 07:16 PM
That's good accuracy and with a full power load.Of course its always fun to experiment just to see what happens.I would write that one down because if you can't find anything better that load will meet your needs for the 32.My favorite powder for the 32 is H-4895 although many others do well. I have killed more deer with my 32 than any other gun. I would like to try cast bullets on deer from that gun but haven't got to yet.Good luck.Let us know how you make out.

Leadforbrains
01-05-2009, 08:17 PM
I got a .32 special and I use the RCBS bullet sized to .321. I am getting good accuracy with IMR 4198. I have taken my first cast boolit deer with this load. I had my 94 out last friday at the range and I was nailin soda cans standing offhand at fifty regularly without a problem. This is my new favorite rifle.

One inch with iron sights at fifty sounds pretty good to me.

Tyro
01-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys. This rifle came to me by way of a late friend who got his first deer with it. I also got the wheelweights that he has saved for years to use in this gun. It is important to me to do the job as well as I can. I intend to experiment and see what happens. I appreciate the encouragement and the information you share.