PDA

View Full Version : trigger time yesterday

frkelly74
07-02-2021, 02:04 PM
Got some Trigger time yesterday. The boy and I took a back seat of full of fun out and made some noise at the range and it was busy today out there. Two parties were there when we got there and another person showed up and left and when we were packing up another man showed up to pop a few rounds. This is as busy as I have ever seen it except for when the State Police were having some kind of training one day. Any way we had the 91-30 that I got several months ago and I had not shot before. It looked as though it hadn't been cleaned since Stalingrad when I got it but there is a good bore under all the crud, and It shot very nicely. All I had was some old full power loads and one box of factory Winchester loads and I do not remember the recoil being so stiff last time I shot any of them.... about 15 years ago. Anyway, A tee shirt and a steel but plate start to be punishing on the old shoulder pretty quick these days. But I did manage to hit a 1 lb propane tank ( empty ) at a hundred yards twice and scare it pretty bad several more times. Also we had one of the Turks out there with some mild 8mm cast loads and boom .... smacked another empty propane tank with that once we got elevation dialed in. The recycler won't take tanks unless they have a hole in them. Now they do.

We also had the RIA 1911 with some snow bank recovered FMJ loads , the Taurus 38 snubbie with some 150 gr PC round nose boolits, The Taurus G2c 9mm auto with some loads it likes ,and a Ruger single six and Bearcat 22s. The bearcat Is Noahs when he turns 21 and he is learning to get it to hit a target a little at a time. It is fun to watch him and I keep saying " deep breath, hold squeeze, and follow through. Be the bullet. He will get it I think. He will inherit many more of my guns one day. I bought him a Chinese copy of the m44 when he was still in diapers and he knows it is his. I think it's a model 53 and it has a really sweet trigger , and a bayonet. He has shot it a little and can handle it pretty well.

I almost forgot, We had the High Point 995 out there ind it will really burn up ammo in the right hands. And it is pretty accurate. Sure makes a pile of empty brass though.

Thumbcocker
07-02-2021, 04:39 PM
Converting ammo into smoke and noise and stopping rogue propane cans before they could get to the women folk. Sounds like a day well spent.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk