PDA

View Full Version : Update on my wife 6-30-21 good news!

GoodOlBoy
07-01-2021, 11:23 PM
Heather is still listed as in "acute crisis" by the doctors and hospital. But after my sister-in-law threw a quack oncologist out of the room this morning before I got there, we got to talk to the current Dr in a "family meeting". I wish I could remember this gentleman's name, but my everything is shot at this point. He is of the opinion that everything on Heather is fixable, treatable, or curable... It is going to be a very long and hard road, and she could still pass on us at any time, but he is much MUCH more upbeat about her chances. If she continues to improve, IF they can keep her heart from failing from the stress, IF they can get her breathing on her own, and IF they can... You get the point. There's a laundry list of "ifs", but holy cow this guy made all feel like there is actually still a chance (opposite stance of last Dr). As for Heather herself. Praise the good Lord she was able to focus her eyes on us today, sometimes give nods or head shakes, squeeze our hands, etc. Her progress is extremely slow. We are talking percentage points of percentage points, but she ISN'T getting worse right now. She is nowhere near out of the woods. Not even remotely. But she has a chance. And while she has a chance, no matter how small, we will keep on keeping on. God Bless!

Richard

cwtebay
07-02-2021, 12:15 AM
Here's to the power of hope and prayer!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Dieselhorses
07-02-2021, 12:27 AM
PTL! Still praying! Prayer is powerful and God is good! Glad to hear!

Pine Baron
07-02-2021, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the update Richard. Thank God for providing a doctor willing to roll up his sleeves and do the hard work. Prayers continue for Heather, you, and the family.

square butte
07-02-2021, 07:36 AM
Still praying for Heather and You - A better Doctor is worth a lot. It can mean the world in terms of state of mind and emotional outlook. Praise God for each degree of improvement.

MrWolf
07-02-2021, 07:38 AM
Keep thinking of you guys and pray everything will work out. Hang in there.

USMC87
07-02-2021, 09:12 AM
Thank and praise God for answering prayers, You guys are in my prayers and thoughts all the time. Keep pressing forward and looking to God for your every need!

Preacher Jim
07-02-2021, 09:49 AM
Rich. Our prayers are for Heather and all the family. Keep us updated

WRideout
07-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Heavenly Father, pour out your Holy Spirit on Richard, Heather, and their whole family, and give them peace and hope. Amen.

Wayne

NC_JEFF
07-02-2021, 08:17 PM
That's good news, still praying

Three44s
07-02-2021, 08:21 PM
Thank God for you getting a better doctor!

Prayers sent!

Three44s

buckwheatpaul
07-02-2021, 08:24 PM
Richard, I will be honored to pray for Heather and you.

Father, I come to You because you are the Great Healer and You are the one to guide the medical team that are attempting to heal Heather. Father, Please grant her comfort and healing. Please give Richard the strength to be with Heather and give him comfort as well. Father, I know that we come to You with numerous requests and we know that You walk with each and everyone of us; but Father please grant this prayer and the prayers of all of us praying for You to restore Heather back to Richard and her family. AMEN

GoodOlBoy
07-03-2021, 12:57 AM
Thank you everybody! For today!

Daily Heather Update: 7-2-21 (I thought maybe I should start putting dates) Heather is staying stable. very slight improvements overall (again percentage points of percentage points here). However she was able to breath assisted (as opposed to the machine breathing for her) for over six hours today. Yesterday it was barely four hours. Other than that all the issues are still present, but the doctors and nurses are working their behinds off to help her. God Bless.

Richard

Thundarstick
07-03-2021, 05:18 AM
God bless and keep you all! Prayers sent.

Pine Baron
07-03-2021, 07:16 AM
Improvement, however slight, is encouraging. Prayers continue.

Boaz
07-03-2021, 01:22 PM
I agree with Pine Baron , any progress is a good sign . Still praying .

tejano
07-03-2021, 01:42 PM
[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]