PDA

View Full Version : A Boolit education...

bakerjw
07-01-2021, 11:09 AM
I had the early shift at the range yesterday. i.e. 10AM-2PM.A few of the usual .22LR shooters who come before the winds pick up. But there was one fellow there shooting reloads with cast boolits. We got chatting about shooting cast boolits and I asked if he cast his own. He had thought about it but was unsure of what was required or where to begin. He mentioned getting wheel weights and similar so during a cease fire, I walked down the 50 yard pistol range, bent over and collected a handful of bullet in a few seconds. I showed them to him and advised that was how I get most of my lead.
It was nice to see someone unafraid of shooting cast boolits and even nicer to lend some of my still learning knowledge. He was really interested in the shake and bake powder coat boolet method.
I gave him the web address, so perhaps he'll check in.

Rcmaveric
07-01-2021, 03:04 PM
Not many cast bolleters in my area. Most the lead around here gets stolen by the fishermen. What a wast of perfectly good lead. One of these i will buy sinker molds lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

bakerjw
07-01-2021, 05:36 PM
I need to buy some sinker molds myself. Primarily walking weights for trolling lindy rigs.

quilbilly
07-01-2021, 11:15 PM
Not many cast bolleters in my area. Most the lead around here gets stolen by the fishermen. What a wast of perfectly good lead. One of these i will buy sinker molds lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
I have been making saltwater jigs commercially for over 40 years. It almost breaks my heart to send the good stuff to the bottom of the ocean but, of course, I keep a lot of it for myself. The jig making supports my boolit casting addiction.