PDA

View Full Version : WOW that was GOOD

farmbif
06-30-2021, 03:03 PM
I want the recipe or maybe just found an outstanding apple pie.
While shopping at Walmart yesterday I eyed a pie on the discount/day old rack. Carmel apple pie. I didn't buy any other candies or cookies but I love a good apple pie and thought I would take my chances on a $2.54 pie.
I walked by it in the kitchen several times since yesterday and nobody else even opened the box yet. Thought I'd give it a try---0'h my-- this thing is outstanding, not too sweet, stuffed with apples and the taste is just right. Just a small sliver-- totally satisfying. Reminded me of my grandmothers apple pie.

Txcowboy52
06-30-2021, 03:47 PM
Wow! Your making my mouth water ! Hard to bet a good apple pie ! Think I will make a run to Walmart on the chance I might find one myself !!

gwpercle
07-01-2021, 08:05 PM
Pie are good !
Apple pie ... with vanilla ice cream !
Walmart has both ... now you done went and flung a craving on me .
Gary

farmbif
07-02-2021, 02:53 PM
well I need to know, txcowboy, were you able to find one of them, is the one I got just a fluke or are they the same at all Walmarts?

Winger Ed.
07-02-2021, 03:13 PM
I've been keeping an eye out for a larger than normal pie dish.
All those standard size, deep dish ones only make a pie with two servings.:bigsmyl2:

Txcowboy52
07-08-2021, 01:18 PM
Yes sir I did ! A nice big piece warmed a little in the microwave and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream ! Heaven on earth !!

rcslotcar
07-08-2021, 01:53 PM
Ok, now I want one too!!!!

jimlj
07-18-2021, 07:45 PM
This section of the forum is bad if you’re on a diet. Lucky for me I’m not.

I was in the mart yesterday and picked one up. Paid full price ( less than 4bux). The only problem? The pie is small, and a carton of ice cream is less than half gallon. If you’re sharing you might want more than one.