PDA

View Full Version : Why does NOE have a website?

Greg G
06-30-2021, 03:50 AM
I’ve been Checking in there weekly for what should be a popular mold for the better part of a year and it always show sold out.

What gives?

imashooter2
06-30-2021, 03:57 AM
They are a small operation and popular. So a lot of stuff is sold out.

Conditor22
06-30-2021, 04:04 AM
The best way to get an answer to a question about NOE is to call Al 801-377-7289 ( the owner) he almost always answers the phone and enjoys talking to people. He will let you know what going on with your mold.

trapper9260
06-30-2021, 04:13 AM
Al is also very helpful. For the times I called him when order a mold he make sure I have all I need and if I order something else he have and I did not know that I needed a another part like a holder for the the punch he let me know about it . then he tell me after that if I order any other punch I will just need to get the punch after. I do not order from him on line , it is always on the phone. That way i know I get my order in and that I get what I want as long it is in stock. Like was stated it is a small company.

rancher1913
06-30-2021, 08:40 AM
when your a small busy shop sometimes the stupid stuff like a website does not get to take priority.

bedbugbilly
06-30-2021, 09:38 AM
I bought a mold a few weeks ago and it didn't get shipped as fast as past experience had been - I own a good number of NOE molds. I gave them a call and as I figured, they have been busy as can be in trying to keep up - which I fully understand. Al is a great guy and like many small businesses, they are experiencing high demand and there are only so many hours in a day . . . . everyone who works there is working hard but they all have personal lives and also can only hold up so long with long hours, etc.

I am not speaking fo Al or NOE - But I know that they make an excellent product and that they care about their customers. I have no idea of what their personnel situation is and it is none of my business - but look around and get a grasp on reality as far as every small business having problems with getting people who want to work - regardless of the business. My wife and I live in a condo with an HOA that contracts the grass cutting - the mowing company can"t even guarantee what day it will get mowed because they can't find people who want to work and when someone does apply, they usually can't pass the drug test.

NOE has a phone number on their site - call it. If they can't answer the phone at that time - then wait a while and call them back. They will be more than happy to answer your questions.

quail4jake
06-30-2021, 09:40 AM
Why doesn't someone here who is an IT guru volunteer to help Swede out? He's a really great guy who is real smart and articulate with tool making and ballistics but he can only do so much as a one man band. Now I'm going to go out on a limb...who thinks that the the outfit he hired to do his website and IT work has some people who are leftward leaning? And who thinks that maybe they recognize a shop that "makes bullets" is, in their woke world, a right wing outfit that then they can label "racist"? And who thinks that maybe they don't put their best foot forward for Swede? OK. paranoid and crazy? in the pre 2020 world, yes....but what about now? Swede must be near retirement age and at some point may want to throw in the towel, I just hope that there is someone who may carry the baton. I would not want to think of a world without NOE![smilie=s:

Minerat
06-30-2021, 10:05 AM
I’ve been Checking in there weekly for what should be a popular mold for the better part of a year and it always show sold out.

What gives?

My guess it it is an avenue to list his products, not necessarily to show inventory. As others have said call Al and place an order. Then he knows what to build. You might be surprised and get it sooner then later.

Conditor22
06-30-2021, 10:59 AM
Al has mentioned to me on several occasions that he has been looking for another good machinist for his shop but hasn't had any luck finding one.

Al started Night Owl Enterprises as a hobby when he had a hard time ordering a mold he wanted.

Rcmaveric
06-30-2021, 11:35 AM
If you want a mold check the NOE forum and see if there is a group buy or a group run. I did that for the 6.5 Grendel Mold several years ago.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Burnt Fingers
06-30-2021, 11:47 AM

What gives?

Have you been paying attention this past year???

You also say "what should be a popular mold". Does this mean you THINK it should be popular and isn't???

Some items on the NOE website are likely never to be produced again due to poor sales or problems discovered with the design.

Why not tell us the mold you think should be popular and we might be able to answer your question.

quail4jake
06-30-2021, 12:26 PM
Have you been paying attention this past year???

You also say "what should be a popular mold". Does this mean you THINK it should be popular and isn't???

Some items on the NOE website are likely never to be produced again due to poor sales or problems discovered with the design.

Why not tell us the mold you think should be popular and we might be able to answer your question.

Whoa! Is this Swede?

Rcmaveric
06-30-2021, 02:18 PM
BurntFingers isn't Al

quail4jake
06-30-2021, 03:19 PM
BurntFingers isn't Al

OK, is Al with us here?

GregLaROCHE
06-30-2021, 04:37 PM
I’ve had good luck ordering small things like Boolit sizers and expanders, from there website, but never had emails with questions returned.

Iron369
06-30-2021, 05:04 PM
Why doesn't someone here who is an IT guru volunteer to help Swede out? He's a really great guy who is real smart and articulate with tool making and ballistics but he can only do so much as a one man band. Now I'm going to go out on a limb...who thinks that the the outfit he hired to do his website and IT work has some people who are leftward leaning? And who thinks that maybe they recognize a shop that "makes bullets" is, in their woke world, a right wing outfit that then they can label "racist"? And who thinks that maybe they don't put their best foot forward for Swede? OK. paranoid and crazy? in the pre 2020 world, yes....but what about now? Swede must be near retirement age and at some point may want to throw in the towel, I just hope that there is someone who may carry the baton. I would not want to think of a world without NOE![smilie=s:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210630/af3dfd60f0c4e155fbd8b8a0cc474140.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sghart3578
06-30-2021, 07:29 PM
I love NOE molds. I have several. But I have given up on them. His website/production/inventory problems pre-date the chinavirus so that's not the issue.

He does need IT help. The Castpics website needs attention also.

No slam on NOE just my observations.

I am not a $1000 club member. I'm sure that he doesn't miss my meager purchases. But Accurate and Arsenal get the nod for me these days.

Steve in N CA

Rcmaveric
06-30-2021, 09:08 PM
OK, is Al with us here?Actually yes. Dont see him post often though stleast in subforums I haunt. You best bet for NOE employees, Reps and owners is to go to the NOE forum on his website. There might be a groupbuy or group run for the mold you want and you get a discount for joining groups runs.

Rcmaveric
06-30-2021, 09:11 PM
Why doesn't someone here who is an IT guru volunteer to help Swede out? He's a really great guy who is real smart and articulate with tool making and ballistics but he can only do so much as a one man band. Now I'm going to go out on a limb...who thinks that the the outfit he hired to do his website and IT work has some people who are leftward leaning? And who thinks that maybe they recognize a shop that "makes bullets" is, in their woke world, a right wing outfit that then they can label "racist"? And who thinks that maybe they don't put their best foot forward for Swede? OK. paranoid and crazy? in the pre 2020 world, yes....but what about now? Swede must be near retirement age and at some point may want to throw in the towel, I just hope that there is someone who may carry the baton. I would not want to think of a world without NOE![smilie=s:I see no problem with his website and he just upgraded it past year. Thats a weird rant by the way. He has a website and host his own forum. I think he has all the IT help he needs.

rbuck351
07-01-2021, 12:42 AM
NOE has a very good product at a very good price and he is selling molds faster than his crew can make them. There is still a shortage of everything gun related and you want a particular mold and you want it now. That seems unreasonable to me.
His web site appears to be a list of molds he has made and may make more of if he can find the time and the demand for a particular mold is there. But, that's just my guess.

tomme boy
07-01-2021, 03:42 AM
I have called a few times on a sat and sun to leave Al a message and has answered the phone each time. I don't think he gets much free time. And if you look at all the stuff he offers it is going to be a long time for some of it to get ran again.

There are a lot of steps when making something. Have you ever run a lathe or a verticle mill? Not everything he makes is made on a cnc machine. It takes time. It took me an hour the other night to make a gas check expander. Look and see how many of those he offers. That will put it in perspective a little

15meter
07-01-2021, 08:38 AM
I just ordered 2 molds yesterday morning @ 8 Eastern Time. Delivery time is scheduled to be before end of day tomorrow.

I can't complain about service like that.

As far as I know, a lot of what gets run is through requests through: https://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php/board,17.0.html

That's how one of the molds I ordered yesterday got produced. Enough people stuck up their hand and said they wanted one then Al saw a need to run a batch.

FLINTNFIRE
07-01-2021, 01:22 PM
I called him last month , he commented on he is having supply issues for some of the larger molds .

I have bought quite a few of his molds , will buy more in the future when enough is in stock .

Rcmaveric
07-01-2021, 03:06 PM
I dont rush manufacturing of anything. It takes me a month just to draw simple designs in kiddie CAD program.

quail4jake
07-01-2021, 09:33 PM
I see no problem with his website and he just upgraded it past year. Thats a weird rant by the way. He has a website and host his own forum. I think he has all the IT help he needs.

Weird maybe but fact? Anyway his website, yes, is better but there is no replacement for a call to Swede. He helped me so many times and I always appreciate his help!

Burnt Fingers
07-02-2021, 12:26 PM
Whoa! Is this Swede?

Nope.

But in the past I have had two web based businesses that started as hobbies and turned into full time jobs.

I sold both those businesses and left both hobbies because I got burned out.

People say there's no such thing as a stupid question. It's obvious they've never ran a business web site. You'll get more stupid questions than honest questions. Don't believe me?? Just go to Amazon and read some of the questions asked about products. You'll be shaking your head so much you'll tear a muscle.

Common sense is dead. Most people can't be bothered to research something. Instead they go on the internet and ask random strangers for an answer. All the knowledge of the world at their fingertips and they mostly use it to watch twerking videos.

Al, like many small hobbyists turned businessmen has a quandary. They can either answer/sort email, most of which is not related to the business or is stupid questions that could have been answered by actually reading product descriptions and answer the phone, with all the related spam calls and crap, or they can make product.

The NOE website is part sales platform and part history. There are a lot of molds on there that were produced in the past that will likely never be made again. But Al still lists them so smart people have the info they might need. I'd rather have it that way than scrubbing everything off the website like some people do...looking at Lee.

Murphy
07-02-2021, 01:59 PM
Hat's off to Al. The only custom molds I own are NOE's. The few times I have felt the need to speak to him, he has always been a champ and one couldn't ask for better. The way I see it, he can be sitting at a desk on a keyboard or on the phone, or he can be turning out products.

Web masters don't come cheap either. And, I doubt there is anyone within a reasonable distance of Al who knows everything there is to know about all of NOE's products to answer the phone and reply to emails. The man can't do it all. But he does make some of the best tools for our hobby as any.

Murphy

gwpercle
07-02-2021, 07:32 PM
I joined the Forum , set up an account , went to the " What would you like to see ran " section and posted what I wanted and why to generate some interest . Then started next step , an " Inventory Buy" . I listed what I wanted , talked it up why it was such a good boolit ... 5 others signed on for moulds , we got a discount and moved to next phase "Active Inventory Buy" where you actually place your order , when 5 orders are recieved it goes to the shop and is produced .
He's a small shop and I understand making one mould for one person isn't cost effective ... So I don't mind signing on for group buys ...it doesn't take that long to get a few others on board and the mould goes into production . Al is good people and a pleasure to do business with . I try to buy American when I can ...and Al and NOE are All American . He will take care of you if you have a problem . I have bought several moulds since that first gas checked 124 gr. TC 358 mould , a couple were in stock and a couple I started an inventory buy with ...no big deal to get a mould not in stock .
Gary

Greg G
07-07-2021, 01:55 AM
I have called a few times on a sat and sun to leave Al a message and has answered the phone each time. I don't think he gets much free time. And if you look at all the stuff he offers it is going to be a long time for some of it to get ran again.

There are a lot of steps when making something. Have you ever run a lathe or a verticle mill? Not everything he makes is made on a cnc machine. It takes time. It took me an hour the other night to make a gas check expander. Look and see how many of those he offers. That will put it in perspective a little

Actually I have. Manual machines and 5 axis machining centers/ CNC lathes. Look, I'm not trying to dog on anyone, I have major respect for Al. It's just that I've been wanting a particular 9mm RD mold of his for a while and it never gets in stock. I didn't know he does things like Tom and takes custom orders. I'll try that next. Thanks everyone.

And kudos to Al, Tom, and MP Molds for letting us enjoy our passion.

gwpercle
07-07-2021, 06:13 PM
Actually I have. Manual machines and 5 axis machining centers/ CNC lathes. Look, I'm not trying to dog on anyone, I have major respect for Al. It's just that I've been wanting a particular 9mm RD mold of his for a while and it never gets in stock. I didn't know he does things like Tom and takes custom orders. I'll try that next. Thanks everyone.

And kudos to Al, Tom, and MP Molds for letting us enjoy our passion.

Have you tried starting a "group buy" or "inventory run" ? There was absolutely no interest in a 9mm Luger 358-124-TC-Gas Check mould 6 years ago ... I started the ball rolling with an inventory run and in a few weeks had enough people , I think it was 5 , to get moved into a group buy and then went to shop production ... it didn't take that terribly long to get my 4 cavity mould with gas check into my grubby little hands ... He works the process a little differently than other makers ... but if you do it the way he wants you to do it... you will get your mould made .
I also appreciate the fact he will make historical and discontinued moulds . I've got some "Elmer Keith" Signature moulds and long discontinued Lyman moulds that I absolutely cherish and didn't mind waiting to have made .
Gary

derek45
07-07-2021, 07:17 PM
I got this one in November

Mark me down as a very happy customer

https://i.imgur.com/NyYQStU.jpg

BJK
07-08-2021, 11:13 PM
Every mould manufacturer isn't having production problems now and for the past year? They've been setting records for production hours and can't keep up. Blame BLM, antifa, and the current administration.