PDA

View Full Version : How much does it cost you to shoot? Range Fees

Krag 1901
06-29-2021, 08:30 AM
The Lincoln Rifle Club, where I shoot raised their prices for non-club members to shoot.

After being a member for many years I let my membership lapse, due to not wanting to support Wayne's grifting. You had to be an NRA member to join and I just couldn't support Wayne's BS any longer.
Any how when I started back up shooting after the great powder panic, they had changed the fees for public shooters to $20 or $10 for Vets. Used to be $10 or $5 for vets.

At those prices I may rejoin the Club to shoot every week for free. I understand that they allow other Gun Orgs now so maybe I can maybe I can find one that I can support?

Back on topic,

How much does it cost to shoot where you are in Range Fees?

GhostHawk
06-29-2021, 08:36 AM
In Fargo you have the RRRMC indoor pistol and rifle range. 200$ membership = no more fees for the year. If you shoot every week it is 4$ a week and a bargain. If you shoot every month it is 16.6 $ per month, still reasonable. When I saw my shooting drop below 4-5 times a year I stopped paying for membership.

20$ and hour if your alone, 15$ an hour if your with a member. No hassles, no problems, pay as you go.

Good outfit IMO.

There are others in the area, but they are the ones I have chosen to support.

quack1
06-29-2021, 08:54 AM
I have been a member at my club long enough, and am over 65, so I qualify for a lifetime senior membership, which is free. Regular memberships are $55/year. Membership is limited to 600. Most weekday mornings, even before the ammo and component shortage, I have the range to myself.

bakerjw
06-29-2021, 08:56 AM
Wow... We don't have an indoor range at Unaka Rod and Gun. Membership is $90.00 a year unless you are a volunteer RSO who does 12 shifts per year. I average 2 per month. No NRA membership required.
I enjoy hanging out with new shooters and doing my part to keep the range safe. When I get the late shift, I scarf up lead from the berms to make more boolits.

elk hunter
06-29-2021, 09:14 AM
Yearly membership for our group "Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association" is $165.00 for an individual and $185.00 for a family. Our range complex covers over six hundred acres. COSSA is the umbrella group over the many disciplines/groups. I don't know what the different groups (cowboy, long range, action pistol and several others) charge their members for membership. There are match fees for the different disciplines set by them. A member can bring up to four guests at a time and the daily fee for each is $5.00. A non-member can only be a guest three times in one year. For the big matches that draw many people from out of our area there are fees set by the board. We have monthly work parties where members can work off the cost of membership at $10.00 per hour. As is normal there are about thirty of us that show up, as we can, for the work parties out of over one thousand members. I guess I'm lucky as the board voted me a lifetime membership several years ago.

gwpercle
06-29-2021, 09:16 AM
Baton Rouge , La. $20.00 for the day .
Join the NRA , don't destroy a good organization just because of one man ... he can be replaced .
Divide and conquer is the way they are going to destroy us ... and it's working , they are beating us to death .
Gary

bakerjw
06-29-2021, 09:27 AM
I agree with joining the NRA. Giving them extra $$$ though? Not a chance.

Mal Paso
06-29-2021, 09:52 AM
The NRA provides insurance for a lot of ranges and clubs hence the mandatory membership. Wayne is the Yasser Arafat of the Second Amendment milking the situation for all it is worth. THERE WILL NEVER BE GUN FREEDOM UNDER HIS RULE! He is just a CROOK.

brass410
06-29-2021, 09:56 AM
105.00 a year for unfetterd access to pistol range, rifle range 100yds, trap and skeet range, and a really nice club house for private functions, which bounds on to small lake with northern and walleyes. oh yes the range is pretty much dirt free (its covered in felt from the mill so easy to marshall the brass)

rbuck351
06-29-2021, 10:05 AM
The closest gun range in my area is over 50 miles away and I think it's just for shotgun. I have a 150 yd range in my front yard so I don't pay anyone to shoot.

contender1
06-29-2021, 10:12 AM
I own a range, so my cost is nada!

And we use NRA insurance. Insurance is not directly going to the NRA. Membership in the NRA, with 100% membership for a club gets you a discount on the insurance if I recall correctly. (My wife handles those bookkeeping chores.)

ryanmattes
06-29-2021, 10:23 AM
I've been shooting at Garland Public Shooting Range for years, watched the price go from $5/day to $10 to $15 to now $20.

Still, not bad considering it's all day, whatever ranges you want to shoot (pistol, rifle, shotgun), so I used to bring the kids and a cooler (water, snacks, and soft drinks) and make a day of it.

The kids are older now, so it's usually just me, and there are a few indoor ranges closer to me, so if I'm just testing loads or feel like shooting, I usually go to one of those. The closest is brand new and pretty nice, and has 100 yd rifle range indoors, but no shotgun. It's supposed to be $20/hr per lane, but if I go on a weekday they just ignore the timer and let me shoot till I'm done.

There used to be a few longer outdoor ranges around, but the city grew up around them and people complained until they got shut down.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Johnch
06-29-2021, 10:44 AM
I am a member of 3 Clubs with ranges
Range #1 I am on the Disabled List and that is $ 25 a year ( Normally $100 )
200 yard outdoor range
That one is close to home and I only normally go during the week , Mid day and almost never see another person

Range #2 I am also on the Disabled list and that is $75 ( Normally $150 )
It has a indoor 25 yard & 50 yard pistol range No Magnums and a 100 yard outdoor range ( a dirt hill ) with no benches or target stands
Also that club also has a large private Marsh and Upland fields where they do Pheasant , Quail and Chucker releases
But the Marsh and the Upland areas have added fees of $ 150 and $150 plus Work Hours are required

Range #3 I am a Life member , again I am on the Disabled List
I joined as a Life member in 1983 at $25
Now they charge $250 a year + a yearly range upkeep fee ( Again I don't have to pay )
50 , 100 and 200 yard backstops
I don't shoot there much as a number of the members think I don't have enough "Class" or enough $$ to drive the right car :(
BUT I sign in and shoot there at least 1 time a year , as one day I MIGHT want to shoot there a lot more

John

memtb
06-29-2021, 10:46 AM
Difficult to factor in a price! A move of 1800 miles, approximately a 20% cut in salary, starting over with near nothing after a divorce, and years of somewhat demanding temperature extremes (at our home a low of less than a minus 35 to a high of 111), working a job that I detested, combined with years of hard work by my present wife and myself on our property/home, has brought us to where we are at. A nice home/property, great location, and a home shooting range of up to 300 yards. A short drive of a couple miles can extend the shooting distances to a couple thousand yards if wanted!

Years of work and sacrifice, the results.....priceless! memtb

beshears
06-29-2021, 10:49 AM
Private club, no nonmembers, $240 a year. 10 ranges with two movers , falling plates and barricades. 250 yard rifle with covered bench. This is where they hold the Bianchi Cup and also a big Glock match. Some kind of match almost every weekend.

curdog
06-29-2021, 10:58 AM
Goshen Trail Longrifles and it costs me 30 dollars a year. The range is about 15 miles away and i have been shooting about 3 times a week...................Curdog

sigep1764
06-29-2021, 11:12 AM
SharpShooter's in St Louis is $375 per 13 months plus discounts for vets and first responders. Theres usually a re-up sale each year where its less expensive. If just going for the day, its $20 for the whole day. 25 yard range with electric moving targets, turning targets, etc. Great BBQ at their restaurant.

Gator 45/70
06-29-2021, 11:12 AM
Hmm, I've been doing this wrong, Paid range's run between 100-135 a year, This would outdoor ranges up to 1K yards.
Public ranges are generally free unless its ran by the state then you have to have some sort of outdoor do-do activity license like fishing or bamboo pole.
Sheriffs ranges are free, Just call ahead and make sure it's open to the public day.
But I never figure in gas, stopping at the boudin joint for pepper jack cheese jalapeno balls, smoked boudin plus a pop rouge.
Dollar gentry store for targets.
I guess it all adds up but hey, You can't put a price on a little R&R.
If you got em' Shoot em'

1I-Jack
06-29-2021, 11:36 AM
Belong to an indoor range (pistols only)...$100/year and an outdoor range (up to 200 yds) $60/year. Indoor range has 10 lanes and it's almost always empty when I go. The outdoor range usually only has a 2-5 people around when there isn't a match going on. Matches are on Saturday mornings only.

bowfin
06-29-2021, 11:38 AM
I don't shoot at a range. My brother has one on his land and I have a pistol / shotgun / .22 at the local Izaak Walton property ten minutes away. I guess there are advantages to living in the sticks sometimes.

BJK
06-29-2021, 11:46 AM
I have a 100 yard range on my land. But I also am a member of a private indoor/outdoor club range @ $100/year and a donation of $5 per day. It's 60 miles away so I don't use it all that often. I do shoot USPSA there and that generally costs $20/match unless it's an all classifier match then it's $25.

Winger Ed.
06-29-2021, 12:00 PM
Ours here is $150 a year. Guests are $10 for the day. An accompanied guest has 3 days a year without joining.
There's 3 pistol ranges with back boards and steel knock over discs.
A 50 yard rimfire range, a couple of shotgun ranges but you have to bring your own thrower.
And concrete benches on the rifle range that goes out to 500 yards.

The range provides ear plugs & muffs, targets, staple guns, a chrono, spotting scopes, and safety glasses.
All ranges have a roof, and is open 365 days a year during daylight hours.
Its not '.50BMG friendly', but there is no restrictions on FMJ ammo or legal Class III weapons.

FLINTNFIRE
06-29-2021, 01:16 PM
Its $100 a year dues , a one time initiation fee , private range / club rifle to 400 yards pistol to 50 yards , allowed to mine the berms , just put it back , pick up your mess .

I mine the berms a few times a year , they run 3 Garand matches a year , pistol matches about every month , wrong time of month for me to shoot in the pistol matches , I have kept my membership even through years where I have not shot there , membership required when I joined in the NRA now it is any gun rights organization .

dverna
06-29-2021, 01:18 PM
Currently have a 25, 50, 100 and 200 yard range on my 20 acres. At the hunt club I adjoin, I can get to 800 yards if I want to.

The guy who runs the hunt club made me an honorary member but I do a few projects a year and help out with the food plots. It might cost me $150 a year to be a member but I love it so a small price to pay. They use my ranges for sighting-in and playing.

Used to be a member of a Trap club but bought my own trap machine this year.

I can shoot for free if I choose.

slim1836
06-29-2021, 01:22 PM
$37.50 a year (senior discount, $65 normally) plus NRA membership for a private range near me. Various distances to 200 yards max. Took me 7 years on the waiting list to join. It was worth it.

Slim

Conditor22
06-29-2021, 01:50 PM
The last time I shot at a Public range was the late 60's when a friend took me. I have 2 friends with small ranges (one is 10 minutes away) but I do most of my shooting at the end of an old logging road.

Cost - Cast them some boolits/help them load a little ammo, and gas & reloads

sniper
06-29-2021, 01:55 PM
Besides the Boolits, it costs $40 for a 10 visit card. My Good Lady Wife presented me with one for Father's Day! :bigsmyl2:

sniper
06-29-2021, 01:58 PM
I don't shoot at a range. My brother has one on his land and I have a pistol / shotgun / .22 at the local Izaak Walton property ten minutes away. I guess there are advantages to living in the sticks sometimes.

Lucky You! :bigsmyl2:

centershot
06-29-2021, 02:10 PM
My club (Jamestownrifleclub.org) charges $50 for a one year membership. If you want a key to access the indoor range it's an additional $50. We are an NRA Golden Club, you must be an NRA member to join Jamestown Rifle Club and we can provide a discounted NRA membership to any prospective member. There are no range fees for practice sessions on any of the ranges, indoor or out. Match entry fees, if you should choose to enter a match, are collected by the match directors at the time of the competition.

So, for me, it costs $100 per year (that's less than $2 per week, folks!) to shoot year 'round, outdoors or indoors with heat, lights, HEPA-filtered air management, anytime I want to shoot. That's a great deal to me! If you live in Western NY, check us out! If you'ld like to come shoot as a guest, PM me!

Duckiller
06-29-2021, 02:36 PM
Just sent a check to the Douglas Ridge Rifle club. $330.00. $150 initiation fee, $150 annual dues. Not sure what the last $30.00 is for. Have to be an NRA member. $150.00 annual work fee. Not sure what it costs to shoot. Sons picked it as the closest organized range. Have to go through an orientation course before I can shoot. At least one son sent in an application at the same time. Will have someone I canshoot with. Probably will shoot weekdays by myself. So Cal range in the National Forest cost $20.00 to shoot.

tunnug
06-29-2021, 03:32 PM
Dessert shooting-free but must have partner for safety, local range when by myself, outdoor 200 yrd $8.00 for the day, Thrs-Sun only.

Finster101
06-29-2021, 04:20 PM
I paid $1000.00 for a lifetime membership in 2011. We pay $5.00 to participate in matches such as steel or action shoots to cover the cost of target sticks, paint, targets, ect. I just spent about 3 hours today on the 300 yard rifle range all by my lonesome. Shooting hours are 9am till dusk seven days a week. It has been well worth the cost of admission!

NRA membership is required.

BJK
06-29-2021, 04:44 PM
Oh, I forgot! There are 2 other ranges closer. One is private that I belonged to a year ago and is only 20 miles away but there are far too many range nazis there. They pissed me off so I didn't renew. What really ticked me off was one of the range nazis telling me I couldn't pick up my brass (not range rules). Then at a supposedly sanctioned match they didn't use rules for Steel Challenge I don't need that. I understand it's now an outlaw match and rightly so.

Maybe 2 miles away from that range there is a public range only open at certain listed days. It's covered, state of the art for an outdoor range and costs nothing. The state got $3,000,000 from the feds to build and maintain it. It was in use by lots of folks previously and to keep the noise down for the local residents they built it. It's a really nice facility but I haven't used it yet. It's free to use (paid by fed' taxes).

https://www.facebook.com/pg/summerhavenrange/photos/?ref=page_internal

https://wgme.com/news/local/new-shooting-range-opens-in-augusta

white eagle
06-29-2021, 04:50 PM
The Lincoln Rifle Club, where I shoot raised their prices for non-club members to shoot.

After being a member for many years I let my membership lapse, due to not wanting to support Wayne's grifting. You had to be an NRA member to join and I just couldn't support Wayne's BS any longer.
Any how when I started back up shooting after the great powder panic, they had changed the fees for public shooters to $20 or $10 for Vets. Used to be $10 or $5 for vets.

At those prices I may rejoin the Club to shoot every week for free. I understand that they allow other Gun Orgs now so maybe I can maybe I can find one that I can support?

Back on topic,

How much does it cost to shoot where you are in Range Fees?

0 dollars
I own my own range

wv109323
06-29-2021, 04:51 PM
Our range is $75.00 per year for family. Unlimited access. Paper targets only. USPSA range so max distance is 75 yards.

quilbilly
06-29-2021, 04:57 PM
My club range is $100 per year. It has two excellent pistol ranges and one 100 yard rifle range. The fee was recently raised for the club to start raising money to purchase land for a new range. The current range is on county property and the county commissioners are virulently anti-2A and in spite of the long term contract, they are trying to regulate the range from existence.

Bad Ass Wallace
06-29-2021, 07:07 PM
I have my own little farm where I have set up firing positions every 50yds to 300yds. I shoot 2-3 times every week so in the last 15 years, I have saved approx. $13,700 in range fees!

mobilemail
06-29-2021, 07:11 PM
We are members at two ranges.

The first one is an indoor range with 15 yard lanes, 15 minutes from the house. Couples membership is $225/yr, but you can usually get a healthy discount if you re-up during their member days. Membership gets you range time at $5/hr, free visitor sharing your lane, and free targets. We use this range most during the winter.

The second range is an outdoor range an hour drive each way from the house. $80/yr family with no additional fees. This one has separate places for 50y rimfire, centerfire silhouette - I think to 300m? - action pistol with metal plates, several areas for practical pistol competition and general use, 22 plinking setup and 600yd PRS. It is generally unmanned. I found it best to bring everything I need so far as target stands, shooting tables, etc in case stuff has been moved or vandalized.

St. Louis Benchrest is two hours each way so I'm not a member. But they have an incredible facility and some great competitions.

And I can stretch out to almost 40 yards in my back yard for airguns.

rmark
06-29-2021, 07:12 PM
Outdoor range, up to 500 yards, $100 initiation fee, $50 per year, ticks come free.

skeettx
06-29-2021, 07:21 PM
Amarillo Texas
Shotgun range, trap skeet 5 stand Life member = free
http://www.amarillogunclub.org/

Indoor pistol range 50 feet $50 a year
http://www.texaspanhandlepistolclub.com/

Outdoor rifle and pistol ranges 200 yards, and pistol pits up to 50 yards $100 a year
http://www.amarillorpc.com/
Mike

pworley1
06-29-2021, 07:45 PM
I live out in the country and have my own range. I let myself shoot for free.

Ithaca Gunner
06-29-2021, 08:31 PM
$15.00 a year.

Huskerguy
06-29-2021, 08:32 PM
We have an indoor pistol range out to 50 feet. It is $100 a year, 24 hour access. If you work range clean up days 1 or 2 a year you get $20 off your dues each time.

We are in the process of deciding if we want to continue requiring NRA membership or a Kansas affiliation instead.

samari46
06-30-2021, 12:00 AM
Our club/range costs $200 to join and if memory serves once your over 70 only a $100 to renew your membership. Open 7 days a week. Has a live in R/O plus about a dozen or so R/O's so there always is a R/O on site. Membership was restricted to 850 members and new members have to go through a back ground check. The local sheriff's range is only about 20 minutes from the house but only available twice a week for the general public. Closed now due to covid. Frank

444ttd
06-30-2021, 12:14 AM
my range is the back door at my house. i have another one at our shop.

imashooter2
06-30-2021, 03:55 AM
2 ranges…

First is less than 7 miles away, paper bullseye targets only, magazine limits, no rapid fire, but nice facilities with 15, 25 and 50 yard pistol, 50 and 100 yard big bore, black powder, air gun, archery, table trap, trap, skeet and 5 stand ranges. Club house is staffed and there are food and amenities available. Dues are steep at $165 a year.

2nd is 75 miles up a toll road. It’s Vegas… you can do everything you can’t do at home. No full auto or .50 BMG, but that is it. 50, 100, 200, 300 yard rifle. You can shoot handguns on them if you like. 25 yard pistol and pistol caliber carbine. Mid range targets OK. Pits to set up shoot and move or do holster work. Trap, skeet and a highly rated International Trap range although I haven’t used any of the shotgun ranges there. Stocked fishing pond. Club house is not open during the week. Amenities are sparse. Portapotties on the ranges, no food or water available. $35 a year.

trapper9260
06-30-2021, 04:19 AM
I have my own outdoor range in my yard that I set up . I shoot when ever I like and collect the lead from my bullet stop when I change the boards in the front that falls out of the sand . I have not clean all the lead out of it yet I will when I think I need to in the mean time it is in the bank for when I really need it so to say .

NyFirefighter357
06-30-2021, 05:09 AM
This is the cheapest public shooting range, it's a county owned shooting range.

Individual User Fees Type of Rental With Park Pass Without Park Pass
Large Bore - Target Range $11 per hour $14 per hour
Small Bore - Target Range $9 per hour $12 per hour
Pistol Range - Target Range
(NYS Pistol Permit Required) $9 per hour $12 per hour
Trap & Skeet $9 per round $12 per round
Archery - Target Range $9 for 2 hours $12 for 2 hours
3-D Archery Course $13 per round

The local club is $200yr & 100hrs but to join is $600.

The expensive place: ten 25-yard shooting lanes/ Pistol cart. only/ store front
1 Year Range Membership $275.00 + 1st hr $20/2nd hr $15/LEO $15hr
1 Year Unlimited Range Membership $1,000
3 Year Unlimited Range Membership $2,500 add spouse for $500
Lifetime Unlimited Range Membership $10,000 add spouse for $2,500

bakerjw
06-30-2021, 08:21 AM
As I may have mentioned. We have Pond Mountain and Sciota federal ranges here. It is something like $4.00 a day per vehicle. BUT... you put your life in your hands going there. Many people have been downrange and had shots fired in their direction.
Some don't like a range with RSOs but when you have competent ones on duty, these things very rarely happen.

35isit
06-30-2021, 08:27 AM
I actually pay nothing for a club with a complete mechanical reset silhouette range, 600 yard rifle range, lighted trap range, two pistol pits and a 50 yard plinking range. It is members only. There are matches and practice days that are open to the public virtually every week. You do have to be a member of the NRA. That's where we get our insurance. We have a limit on membership. The reason I pay nothing is we sold 50 life memberships to help pay for land expansion. I bought one and am a life member of NRA. Otherwise I think dues are $100.00 a year.

myg30
06-30-2021, 09:04 AM
We had an outdoor range we belong to @ $90 yr. Shoot all day,pistol area, rifle area out to 100yd. Open 5 days/wk 8am- an hr before dusk.
Since we moved, there is an indoor range 12 miles from the house. I believe it was $300~ 350 yr to join AND a shooting fee per hour $10 ? ( kinda high my thought for small town)
My biggest issue is the cost of ammo since they do not allow reloads. Still looking around for outdoor place to shoot near by or we will make a day trip out of it and return to where we lived to that outdoor range, visit the children and grandkids same time.

Mike

FISH4BUGS
06-30-2021, 09:07 AM
I have been a member at my club long enough, and am over 65, so I qualify for a lifetime senior membership, which is free.
That is my situation. Lifetime member - 72 and a member for many years, like 25+
I am also a member of a local indoor range at $319 per year, and use that one a LOT! Excessive heat, bad weather, etc.
Guests in either are $5 per visit.
I figure since I don't have t pay for my lifetime membership, I can afford to join the other indoor range.
Our club (1200 members) has an indoor range but we cannot shoot lead bullets.
That's all I shoot so outdoors or the other indoor range it is. I get the best of both worlds.

John Guedry
06-30-2021, 09:25 AM
I shoot at a state owned range ~40 miles away. Free . Pistol 50 yds ,rifle 100yds,skeet,archery. Campground no hookups.

anothernewb
06-30-2021, 09:29 AM
Our club is pretty small, and our indoor facility lacks many of the amenities the new bigger ranges have. It was set up in the 80s for bullseye and so the backstops can't handle rifle or magnum calibers.

$55 family annual membership to both indoor and outdoor ranges. Indoor (winter pistol) is $5 a night (volunteer RSO's staff it 3 hours in the evenings) and non member is $10. you can bring your own targets, or the range ones are 0.25 per.

375supermag
06-30-2021, 10:22 AM
I have memberships in two shooting clubs.
One is a one time initiation fee IIRC of $200 and yearly dues of $20...set to increase to $30 in 2023. No other range fees.
I am a life member and no longer pay dues since I have many decades of membership and am over 65 years of age. I do make a yearly monetary contribution to the club.

Second range is $100 initiation fee and $50 annual dues. No other fees.

My son also has memberships in both clubs.
Both are less than 15 minutes from The Estate, so very convenient.

gwpercle
06-30-2021, 11:38 AM
Please ... Lets not kill the NRA just because of one guy , new leaders can be installed .
I just can't see destroying a grand organization , who the left fear and hate so viciously , because you don't " Like " the actions of one person .
For Heven's Sake .... Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater ... you will be doing exactly what the left wants you to do ... Kill the NRA for them ...
Think about what you do ! ... THINK !!!
Gary

bakerjw
06-30-2021, 03:50 PM
Please ... Lets not kill the NRA just because of one guy

Prior to Sandy Hook, I always felt that the NRA would roll over on us EBR shooters. After that school shooting, I was wonderfully surprised that they did go to the mat for us.

Txcowboy52
06-30-2021, 04:03 PM
No fees here ! I built my own range right out my backdoor, 150 yard rifle with covered bench, 100 yard handgun silhouette with 4 covered stalls, 75 yard pistol range with 2-8 target plate racks, a Texas star, over 50 steel targets, 19 reactive steel targets including pepper poppers, swingers and drop turn targets . Covered shooting area with bench and table. Backstop for cardboard or paper targets. Lots of work, but I shore do love it !!

44MAG#1
06-30-2021, 04:17 PM
I pay 150 dollars a year whether I go one time or 200 times or more.

444ttd
06-30-2021, 04:29 PM
Please ... Lets not kill the NRA just because of one guy , new leaders can be installed .
I just can't see destroying a grand organization , who the left fear and hate so viciously , because you don't " Like " the actions of one person .
For Heven's Sake .... Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater ... you will be doing exactly what the left wants you to do ... Kill the NRA for them ...
Gary

go with the GOA. stop sending YOUR money to fund wayne and associates vacations.

https://www.gunowners.org/

smithnframe
06-30-2021, 05:55 PM
$50.00 per ear!

smithnframe
06-30-2021, 05:56 PM
$50.00 per year!

school of mines
06-30-2021, 07:04 PM
I belong to a club that acquired an Air Force range that had been shut down. The cost is $110.00 per year. It has a pistol area that is roughly 50 yards long and a rifle area that is 100 yards long. Not bad as far as annual fees goes for unlimited use. :smile:

BigAlofPa.
06-30-2021, 08:23 PM
45.00 per year to belong to the clubs i belong to.

ruger1980
06-30-2021, 08:24 PM
$25@ year and I drop a couple bucks in the donation box every time I am there.

Traffer
06-30-2021, 08:46 PM
The only range near me is $5 per day or $30 per year.
Sound pretty good? It is only open from May to mid November and, well you can check here:https://www.co.portage.wi.us/department/parks/dewey-shooting-range

Mr_Sheesh
07-01-2021, 09:46 AM
Don't really have a range, I bounce between a few as I can.

Used to go to one ~ 20 miles east of here but over the years they've changed, e-mails and phone calls asking about buying lead etc. do not get answered EVER, the person who's supposed to handle that is, if I call and come in on days when he's supposedly there, sick, every time (6 times I think.)

More indoor ranges around here but they don't much like higher powered rifles, nothing much over 223, no 100 yard ranges? What's a varminter to do?!

LaPoint
07-04-2021, 08:44 PM
I think it's $45.00/yr plus NRA membership for unlimited access from 0800 to half an hour after dark. It has a 25 yd pistol range and covered shooting line for both rifle and pistol, with benches. The rifle is out to 200 yrds. It is card access and is unsupervised but does have video cameras for surveillance.

abunaitoo
07-04-2021, 10:49 PM
We have only one place we can go to shoot.
City run range.
Like a majority of pity parks, no cost.
But we have to put up with all kinds of BS.
Short hours, targets only, mag limits, and it's getting worse.
No choice as military ranges are off limits.
city has been working behind the scenes to close it for years.
cops want to take it over, ever though city spent millions on another range for them.

gbrown
07-05-2021, 10:57 AM
I'm lucky, I belong to a nice range about 20 minutes from my house. Was a member starting in 1968. Went in the service, came back, didn't rejoin til '95. Regular membership
$150, with $100 initiation fee. Senior, $75. NRA membership required. 6 ranges, 200 yd. .22 range, 50 yard pistol range, multi use range (CHL training, cowboy shoots, other types)
, 200 yard rifle range, 600 yard military range with butts, and a trap/shotgun range. Heavy emphasis on safety. Can't use any of it until you have gone thru safety training on rules and policies. I can take family, but I am totally responsible for their actions. I already knew that, but have noticed others not so responsible in the past. RSO's are there. Don't bother anyone unless they are being stupid. Then a friendly talk and adios if they can't figure it out. I have no problem with them.

Rich/WIS
07-05-2021, 11:35 AM
Range I am on now is $100 initiation fee and $75 per year. Pistol to 50 yards and rifle to 100 yards. Covered firing points and key to clubhouse/gate. Not fancy but entirely adequate. Range I was a member of in Wisconsin was $25 for family and $10 for over 62. Covered firing points, pistol to 50 yards and rifle to 100 yards. Also had a trap field, a quail walk in summer and set up for 5 stand in winter. Mucho better than my current range and one of the things I miss since moving to KY. There is an indoor range here but much pricier.

tankgunner59
07-05-2021, 01:25 PM
This is one thing I am happy with about my location in western Illinois. There are several state owned ranges in north eastern Missouri. They are free to use, first come first served. No range officer, but it runs a lot smoother than one would expect.

Hodagtrapper
07-05-2021, 01:38 PM
We have a local sports club that has two separate facilities 8 miles apart. One is a rifle and pistol range the other is a shotgun only area set up for sporting clays, skeet and trap. There is a nice clubhouse too. Yearly membership has continued to rise and is now around $60. Lifetime memberships are now at $400 whereas I purchased mine a few years back for $250. There is an extra charge per session at the shotgun range that varies per discipline and number of targets used. Strict rules as per bringing family members or friends to the range. No membership no access!

Nobade
07-05-2021, 03:02 PM
$140/year. As soon as I get moved it becomes free other than the fuel for the tractor to mow my range at home. I'm liking that better.

lksmith
07-06-2021, 09:15 AM
before I was a club officer it was $25 per year for full access to trap, skeet, and rifle. When I was an officer it was my duties. When I became ineligible to be an officer it was my services as a project manager to addition of a 3d Archery range, electronic access control system and dedicated pistol range. Covid and lumber prices put everything but the archery range addition on hold for the last 15 months.
Until we get the access control system in we can only do memberships, since we just have a combination lock on the gate. Once we get the system in place, we'll probably offer day passes for $5-10

dale2242
07-06-2021, 09:39 AM
We have one of the best ranges on the left coast.
There are covered ranges for most every venue.
$65 a year or $5 a day.
It is 40 miles from home so do most of my shooting in rock pits or old logging landings.
If I really want to fine tune a load I go to the range and shot from their solid concrete benches.

Randy Bohannon
07-06-2021, 10:01 AM
$50.00 per year 2 ranges ,one rifle out to 400 yards the other rifle to 200 yards, handgun, trap/skeet. You get the keys for both gates and use it when you want unless an organized event is occurring.

Cosmic_Charlie
07-06-2021, 10:09 AM
It costs me about a 40 mile round trip to the boonies.

am44mag
07-06-2021, 10:36 AM
I shoot on my own land, so I basically just pay for whatever maintenance needs to be done. Mainly target stands and bullet catches. I do a lot of woodworking, so I usually have plenty of scrap laying around for those sorts of things.

Gary

It's not just one man, it's the majority of the leadership who supports that one man.

The GOA and the FPC have taken up the NRA's slack and then some. They have done more in the last 2 years than the NRA has probably done in the last 10, and actually deserve the money their members give them unlike the NRA. The NRA might be the left's boogieman out of ignorance, but they are not the only name in the game that matters. Frankly, I don't see the NRA surviving unless someone comes along and rebuilds them from the ground up after Wayne and his cronies finish burning it down to the ground. That's the only way you're going to get them out. If they were going to be voted out, it would have already happened after their corruption was exposed to the nation.

We didn't kill the NRA, the NRA killed the NRA.

Char-Gar
07-06-2021, 11:55 AM
A few years ago, the owner of the range asked me to perform the marriage ceremony for him and his soon to be bride. I did as he requested and received a lifetime membership as payment.

lksmith
07-06-2021, 12:00 PM
I shoot on my own land, so I basically just pay for whatever maintenance needs to be done.

I have some property and used to do that, but I don't want to hurt my dog's ears. We inherited a beagle/lab mix that my inlaws used to take squirrel hunting, she loved it, but was pretty deaf from it. so I don't shoot around my pup much, and only if he is on the opposite side of the house (to minimize noise) or suppressed.
He was in the boat one time when I shot a snake and he got an earful of the noise, but my boy doesn't acknowledge anything that hurts him. He got a big gash from a hog last night and he acted like nothing happened, running and jumping as usual

sharps4590
07-07-2021, 07:26 AM
As with many, my range is 30 yards from my back door. As we've always lived in the country I've alwyas had my own range. For 20 years they were 500 yards, on our farm. I have never HAD to belong to a range to shoot. That and Missouri Dept. of Conservation has built some pretty nice ranges in several areas around the state that are free and unsupervised. Come to think of it, except for matches, I've never shot at a supervised range.

I have belonged to two clubs, neither of which had a fee per visit. Matches require entry fees. The club I belong to now is at my home town, about 40 miles from me. Its initiation fee was $75.00 and the annul fee is $20.00. I belong there because it has 565 yards. I can only get about 150 yards at my house, if I'd stretch it out. Too many ridges and gullies.

458mag
07-07-2021, 08:32 AM
In northwest Louisiana we have Baudcau shooting range. I believe 12 benchs out to 200yds, 6 station trap area, 8 pistol stations out to 25yds, an archery area for about 8 archers, targets and ear protection provided, chairs, spoting scopes, lead sleds, rifle rest, and brass nets to hang between stations and other things I'm sure I've missed. There is no charge as it is provided by the state. Just bring your weapon and ammo. Oh yeah.... the RO is provided by the state also.

robertbank
07-07-2021, 01:05 PM
I pay $85.Cdn or $70US for Annual Membership. Trap, IPSC, US Steel, Black Powder and IDPA all shot there. Mon to Friday the place is deserted for the most part. The Terrace Rod & Gun Club is an old Cdn Army Range leftover from WW11.

Take Care

Bob

Mr_Sheesh
07-13-2021, 01:32 AM
lksmith, look at dog hearing muffs, and maybe at Doggles (doggie eyepro.) Friend's Service Dog was freaked by fireworks, seizure alert dog so he had to be around her tho, she tried the hearing protection and some herbal calming meds and her pupper just didn't care, fireworks were no longer scary. Might keep your pup's hearing & eyes safer :)

Friend who also assisted self-defense training at the school I assisted at, his dog was a NUT, you go shooting at targets and Bear was off down range looking for those birds. We were good enough that we could have shot around him, it's not worth it tho, we insisted he go inside. Tho a nut, he was a GOOD nut :)

Swede 45
07-13-2021, 02:48 AM
Here the fee for my handgun only club is 43$ a year. Of that 28$ goes to the Swedish handgun federation membership that includes among other things, a insurance.
Range is 25m outdoor, 12hrs a day, 6 days a week.