PDA

View Full Version : Killing Nephilim's Anyone?

Gator 45/70
06-25-2021, 12:22 PM
Friend of mine is concerned Nephilim's may make a comeback and wants to be prepared?

So I'll call him J.Fred, He calls yesterday and has bought some 167 grain copper projectiles at about a buck apiece.

J.Fred wants to come by and load up some 30.06 and .308....Just in case, So I'm like yeah man I just need to see if any load data is out there on the web.

J.Fred then tells me once you get a Nephilim down you have to cut its head off? I'm like the copper projectiles won't do it?

J.Fred is like no, You really have to cut its head off.

Me, Okay,let me ask around about the 167 copper projectiles and find some load data.

So on my quest to help out the old boy anyone out there can point me in the right direction for ''Copper Loads ''

Thanks ahead of time.

gwpercle
06-25-2021, 12:43 PM
The seven evil giants in the Bible ? Goliath was one of them ...
David just used a smooth round river stone and his trusty sling to slay him with ... then yes , for good measure ...he did cut off his head !

Sorry , but I don't have any data on those new fangled copper projectiles , just old school j-words and a lot of Cast Boolit data .

But make sure you got your Big Game Liscense , Nephilim's Tags and they are in season ... you don't want to get busted hunting Nephilim's out of season ... The penalty is worse than hunting alligators out of season .

Good luck and post plenty photo's of the hunt ... Last I heard there might be one hanging around the Honey Island Swamp !
Gary

Adam20
06-25-2021, 12:49 PM
some drinking was involved with this idea
Barnes data would be first choice when looking at reloading data for copper

Gator 45/70
06-25-2021, 12:53 PM
The seven evil giants in the Bible ? Goliath was one of them ...
David just used a smooth round river stone and his trusty sling to slay him with ... then yes , for good measure ...he did cut off his head !

Sorry , but I don't have any data on those new fangled copper projectiles , just old school j-words and a lot of Cast Boolit data .

But make sure you got your Big Game Liscense , Nephilim's Tags and they are in season ... you don't want to get busted hunting Nephilim's out of season ... The penalty is worse than hunting alligators out of season .

Good luck and post plenty photo's of the hunt ... Last I heard there might be one hanging around the Honey Island Swamp !
Gary

BAAhhaaaa ! I do have a big game license so that's covered, Now J.Fred is probably 70 or so, Not sure if he even needs one?

Honey Island swamp, Last time I was there wild turkeys were flying across the gun range during deer season, Bet you can't find one during turkey season?

Half Dog
06-25-2021, 12:56 PM
Sorry, I can’t help with load data but I’m looking forward to hearing the hunt results. Please keep us updated.

Gator 45/70
06-25-2021, 12:57 PM
some drinking was involved with this idea
Barnes data would be first choice when looking at reloading data for copper

Thanks, Last time I saw J.Fred drink a beer was probably 4 years ago, I think he said he just doesn't care for it since it jacks with his meds.

Gator 45/70
06-25-2021, 01:05 PM
I forgot to ask about swords? Do yall think a chainsaw or even a good heavy machete will work on Nephilim's necks?

Smoke4320
06-25-2021, 01:13 PM
Bunch of frady cats... just run up behind them and sprinkle salt on their tails .....:)

farmbif
06-25-2021, 01:20 PM
I don't know your friend but is it possible he might not be too stable. did I get this right that he's on "meds"?
I f it were me I'd want to be pretty dang sure he's not confusing you, your family or friends for being a "nephilim"
just what do these present day nephilim look like?

Wayne Smith
06-25-2021, 01:35 PM
OK, who in their 70's isn't on meds of some kind? Gotta know meds for what and which meds, and if he has been taking them. Non compliance is rife. Memory problems (forgetting to take meds) is common the older we get. Does he live alone? Is someone there to check on him? I would be questioning all of this before I gave him any ammo.

Gator 45/70
06-25-2021, 02:56 PM
Well J.Fred has had 4 back operations and I think a blood pressure issue, That's about all I've heard him mention.

He was a Blue Water oilfield hand when he retired, Mississippi Canyon 613, That would be a ''Floater''f or sure.

Maybe he's had to much rock'n and rolling out there? But it remains to be seen when he drops in next week with his copper boolits, I'll still help him out some kinda way, We both worked out in the Gulf once upon a time.

Myself personally I won't be Nephilim hunting for one thing its too dang hot and another thing I understand these are rarer than ol Bigfoot himself.

I've never seen ol Bigfoot either?

Gator 45/70
06-25-2021, 03:03 PM
I don't know your friend but is it possible he might not be too stable. did I get this right that he's on "meds"?
I f it were me I'd want to be pretty dang sure he's not confusing you, your family or friends for being a "nephilim"
just what do these present day nephilim look like?

I think Gary mentioned one, He was called Goliath in the Bible, So once upon a time in biblical history several are mentioned.

They are rumored to be cannibals'

Something like Hannibal Letcher only much bigger?

dogrunner
06-25-2021, 03:04 PM
OK, ok, ok................I'll be the idiot, just what in hell is a Nephilim..............anything similar to a skunk ape........do have several of those hereabouts!

Gator 45/70
06-25-2021, 03:18 PM
OK, ok, ok................I'll be the idiot, just what in hell is a Nephilim..............anything similar to a skunk ape........do have several of those hereabouts!

It would be these fellows, Fallen Angels that cross breed with women

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/hebrew-bible/who-are-the-nephilim/

badguybuster
06-25-2021, 03:27 PM
Hodgenreloading.com is where its at!!

badguybuster
06-25-2021, 03:30 PM
If you read the Apocrypha it was the off spring of the Nephilim who corrupted mankind to the point that GOD flooded the Earth. These beings were then imprisoned until the Day of Judgement. The Nephilim were supposed to have taught mankind the art of War, writing. astrology and mathmatics. These subjects were unknown to us prior to their interference.

Gator 45/70
06-25-2021, 03:49 PM
BTW, This is new to me, The return of the giants as he was saying yesterday, He call them Nephilim's and I guess I'm good with that.

From the little bit I've read on reloading the copper boolits it's the same data as lead core or did I miss something?

BJK
06-25-2021, 03:49 PM
Gents, I think it's the use of silver bullets that doesn't require decapitation.

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-25-2021, 03:55 PM
Nephilim are the fallen angels. They are nothing to be afraid of, Just tell them to go away in the Name of Jesus Christ, and they will go away. Now the Gebor (offspring of Nephilim and female humans) are giants to be feared, but if it's Gods will for you slay them, as David did...then faith will deliver you.

https://m.facebook.com/heisnearwatch/photos/a.724001934374044/2172743199499903/?type=3

alfadan
06-25-2021, 04:37 PM
Nephilim are the fallen angels. They are nothing to be afraid of, Just tell them to go away in the Name of Jesus Christ, and they will go away. Now the Gebor (offspring of Nephilim and female humans) are giants to be feared, but if it's Gods will for you slay them, as David did...then faith will deliver you.

https://m.facebook.com/heisnearwatch/photos/a.724001934374044/2172743199499903/?type=3

Gebors? Like Eva and ZsaZsa? Oh nevermind

Texas by God
06-25-2021, 04:49 PM
I would ask Nimrod for hunting advice.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Shanghai Jack
06-25-2021, 04:53 PM
Check out Barnes Triple Shock.

Der Gebirgsjager
06-25-2021, 07:31 PM
Just so they stay off my lawn.

DG

Gator 45/70
06-25-2021, 07:49 PM
Sorry, I can’t help with load data but I’m looking forward to hearing the hunt results. Please keep us updated.

I'm going to see if J.Fred will text me pictures if he bags one of the giants, He may end up on the cover of The Smithsonian or something?

Thumbcocker
06-26-2021, 08:37 AM
Might be a good reason to dust off the ole Asperly aimless dangerous game model.

Gator 45/70
06-26-2021, 09:12 AM
I see F-15's are for sale, Might be something ol J.Fred should look into?

BJK
06-26-2021, 02:18 PM
Sorry, it didn't work as planned. Deleted.

MUSTANG
06-26-2021, 03:43 PM
He is obviously hunting for a "Dragon Man" as indicated on a News Max story today.

The Chinese say that the "Dragon Man Skull" is actually an intact Denisovan skull (Must be a direct descendent of Nephilim's Right?).

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/06/stunning-dragon-man-skull-may-be-elusive-denisovan-or-new-species-human

gwpercle
06-26-2021, 05:14 PM
I saw some actual filmed footage and a documentary about a large upright creature , that may be one of these Nephilim , they mistakenly call it the Honey Island Swamp Monster or aka Cajun Sasquatch also referred to as Cajun Bigfoot ... after viewing the filmed footage several times ...
...I think it's a Nephilim . On a full moon nights , It comes out roams around buck naked tearing up trees and bushes , catching and eating wild animals , scaring folks ... at daylight it goes home , takes a shower , gets dressed and blends back in with the local Cajun Characters in the St. Tammany Parish area ... some say it might be Mark Johnson , the mayor of Covington La. (St. Tammany Parish Seat) parading around as a politician during the day... He is a pretty Big Ole-Boy ... but I don't know , he is tall but mark looks too clean shaven ! You never can tell ...google Honey Island Swamp Monster and watch the film clip ... What do you think ?
Gary

farmbif
06-26-2021, 05:29 PM
probably the same ammo effective for nephillim can be used for them roogaroo

Gator 45/70
06-26-2021, 05:36 PM
probably the same ammo effective for nephillim can be used for them roogaroo

How you know about rougarous? I'd probably recommend silver for this raschals.

bakerjw
06-26-2021, 08:39 PM
This sounds like an episode of "Supernatural".

farmbif
06-26-2021, 09:02 PM
when I lived in Louisiana the old timers would relate their rougarou tales in hunting camp after filling our bellies with tongue loosening liquid refreshment.

GhostHawk
06-26-2021, 10:20 PM
I'd want something a whole lot bigger than ought 6 or .308 before I go hunting them.

20 ga from hell perhaps with a little silver in the alloy just in case. And you might want to scribe a cross on the nose.

Gator 45/70
06-26-2021, 11:07 PM
when I lived in Louisiana the old timers would relate their rougarou tales in hunting camp after filling our bellies with tongue loosening liquid refreshment.

Man, That's another whole thread topic right there !
Those rougarou's don't play !

BJK
06-26-2021, 11:41 PM
OK, I'll bite. I've had a few and I hope you have as well. What's a roogaroo?

GhostHawk
06-27-2021, 08:13 AM
Swamp ape, first cousin to a bigfoot or squatch. But appears to like living in waist deep water.

gwpercle
06-27-2021, 08:57 AM
OK, I'll bite. I've had a few and I hope you have as well. What's a roogaroo?

Cajun werewolf like ... big dog like creature ... Daddy would tell me and my brother if we wern't good boys the Rougarou would come and get us at night and drag us off into the swamps .
We were convinced that if we stayed completely under the covers , with no body parts showing , the rougarou couldn't get to us ... so we would sleep all coved up head to foot ... it must work , the Rougarou never dragged us off . I have faith in the protective magic of a bedsheet !
Gary

DougGuy
06-27-2021, 09:32 AM
Cajun werewolf like ... big dog like creature ... Daddy would tell me and my brother if we wern't good boys the Rougarou would come and get us at night and drag us off into the swamps .
We were convinced that if we stayed completely under the covers , with no body parts showing , the rougarou couldn't get to us ... so we would sleep all coved up head to foot ... it must work , the Rougarou never dragged us off . I have faith in the protective magic of a bedsheet !
Gary

Hmm.. That raises a rather serious question. How did Amos Moses escape the vigilant and fearsome Rougarou? What did he do that the Louisiana Sheriff didn't do?

BJK
06-27-2021, 09:59 AM
Bedsheets even work with anything scary that's unseen in a childs bedroom in the dark.

Gator 45/70
06-27-2021, 10:44 AM
Gary

Yall see? Gary knows what they are since mostly they are around the Honey Island swamp.

Now over in the Basin it's mostly Loupgarou's, They hide under the Basin bridge and don't ask about the Morganza spillway !

alfadan
06-27-2021, 11:15 AM
Also, dont dare let your foot hang over the bed!

Der Gebirgsjager
06-27-2021, 12:24 PM
Oh, you can hide...but they're still there under your bed! :shock:

DG

38SuperAuto
06-27-2021, 02:10 PM
If you're planning to lop Goliath's cousin's head off, I'd go with the Kukri...

WRideout
06-27-2021, 03:46 PM
I forgot to ask about swords? Do yall think a chainsaw or even a good heavy machete will work on Nephilim's necks?

Use an axe.

Wayne

BJK
06-27-2021, 03:59 PM
Machete? Or ask the muslims what works best then go bigger.

15meter
06-27-2021, 05:37 PM
But you really need the JR Whomper Stomper, easy enough to reload-- 9.3x74R run through a 450/400 sizer die.

It's the collet chamber that's the tough part.

So named after a curmudgeonly old guy at the gun club who would try and make such a beast.

All the time while telling you how easy it is.

gwpercle
06-27-2021, 06:07 PM
Yall see? Gary knows what they are since mostly they are around the Honey Island swamp.

Now over in the Basin it's mostly Loupgarou's, They hide under the Basin bridge and don't ask about the Morganza spillway !

The Basin ... where the Loupgarou's live ... is the Atchafalaya Basin , the deepest darkest largest hardwood river bottom swamp in North America , one million acres of swamp for things to hide in .
Do not get lost in the Basin ... for the Loupgarou's may find you .
Some say the Rougarou and the Loupgarou are related ... I don't know , I never stay past sundown in the Basin ... they say that both come out in the dark of night .
I still sleep with all body parts covered by the protective bedsheet ...they can't penetrate it and you will be safe .
Gary

Gator 45/70
06-27-2021, 06:43 PM
The Basin ... where the Loupgarou's live ... is the Atchafalaya Basin , the deepest darkest largest hardwood river bottom swamp in North America , one million acres of swamp for things to hide in .
Do not get lost in the Basin ... for the Loupgarou's may find you .
Some say the Rougarou and the Loupgarou are related ... I don't know , I never stay past sundown in the Basin ... they say that both come out in the dark of night .
I still sleep with all body parts covered by the protective bedsheet ...they can't penetrate it and you will be safe .
Gary

Sound advice if I ever heard right here !!!
I like the blade suggestions too.
Post # 47,Now that hairy looking boolit looks interesting and bares more load development !

15meter
06-28-2021, 12:11 AM
Sound advice if I ever heard right here !!!
I like the blade suggestions too.
Post # 47,Now that hairy looking boolit looks interesting and bares more load development !

The cartridge itself is easy, it's the rifle itself that is the problem, a collet chamber is so difficult to get to work properly it's ridiculous.

But JR says it's only difficult for Michigan people,(he's from Ohio) any fool could make it in a half an hour with a farrier's rasp and 4 sticks of Bazooka bubble gum.

I'm still waiting on the rifle though.

I think he's pulling my leg.

06-28-2021, 01:26 AM
Is 9x19 with cast miha boolits ok for

??monsters??

May be that they dress like uruk hai, with steel armor.

Then we must display excellent marksmanship, and smack the armor gaps around armpits, face, and neck.

Ugh at least my axe is sharp.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210628/abcb377c1df0c3cccec43c4bb7781f8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

sniper
06-29-2021, 02:53 PM
When David slung that stone, it's a fair bet that nothing like that had entered his head before! ;)

KCSO
06-29-2021, 03:03 PM
Use the same loading as for Bigfoot. Although silver bullets do work a little better, more penetration.

tdoor4570
06-29-2021, 03:10 PM
Might be a good reason to dust off the ole Asperly aimless dangerous game model.

Would that be the 30 super mag model or the big .458 ?

Shanghai Jack
06-29-2021, 03:39 PM
But you really need the JR Whomper Stomper, easy enough to reload-- 9.3x74R run through a 450/400 sizer die.

It's the collet chamber that's the tough part.

So named after a curmudgeonly old guy at the gun club who would try and make such a beast.

All the time while telling you how easy it is.

Easy peasy as long as you load it from the muzzle.

Thumbcocker
06-29-2021, 07:30 PM
Would that be the 30 super mag model or the big .458 ?

The .585 Asperly. Rarely seen in even the most extensive cartridge collections.

15meter
06-29-2021, 11:59 PM
Easy peasy as long as you load it from the muzzle.

But you still need that pesky collet chamber to release the case........and the collet has to have a HUGE range...........

popper
07-02-2021, 01:45 PM
Apparently the Rougarou is not good at math because he can only count to 12
My younger bro thought the sheets worked until I touched his toe, then they came off real fast.

firefly1957
07-02-2021, 02:18 PM
I am thinking maybe this should be moved to humor and off topic in the swamp?

farmbif
07-02-2021, 02:25 PM
humor or no humor, please post pictures when you get one of these nephillims or roogaroos

BJK
07-02-2021, 02:28 PM
I am thinking maybe this should be moved to humor and off topic in the swamp?

I think everyone has been 100% serious. I know I was serious at the time with the protective sheet.

Gator 45/70
07-02-2021, 06:16 PM
humor or no humor, please post pictures when you get one of these nephillims or roogaroos

Hey this is a serious deal to J.Fred, He's even bought the copper/brass projectiles, Like I said he's at least 70 and old guys don't play.
He gets one or two I've requested pictures so yall will be the second ones to see them.
I get to see them first. Just hope they are not too graphic?

gwpercle
07-03-2021, 02:06 PM
I think everyone has been 100% serious. I know I was serious at the time with the protective sheet.

I still sleep under the protective sheet ... no parts stick out . Them Evil Clowns live under the bed along with Boogie Men , Loupgarous , Rougarou's and Hobgoblins ...only the sheet affords complete protection !
Gary

07-03-2021, 05:37 PM
Hey Gator 45/70, have you decided on some starting load data? Or maybe just going to throw 10 grains of red dot or trail boss, call it good enough? I'm interested in learning about this, I have never personally loaded solid brass/copper bullets.

farmbif
07-03-2021, 05:46 PM
hopefully y'all get em cleared out by oct 8 or 15, there gonna be one heck of a hootenanny at N.O. jazz fest

Gator 45/70
07-03-2021, 06:42 PM
Hey Gator 45/70, have you decided on some starting load data? Or maybe just going to throw 10 grains of red dot or trail boss, call it good enough? I'm interested in learning about this, I have never personally loaded solid brass/copper bullets.

No not yet, Have a friend up in the PNW whom loads the brass projectiles, I plan on getting starting loads from him if J.Fred will bring the rest of the stuff when he gets back in La.

Mr_Sheesh
07-03-2021, 09:40 PM
Have you considered a backup weapon? I'd think a nice Carl Gustav 84mm recoilless rifle would do, though finding molds for that could be tough, admittedly.

Gator 45/70
07-03-2021, 09:46 PM
Have you considered a backup weapon? I'd think a nice Carl Gustav 84mm recoilless rifle would do, though finding molds for that could be tough, admittedly.

Excellent suggestion, I'll pass that along to J.Fred for consideration, Tks !

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-04-2021, 07:17 AM

Oh, we're serious?
then undoubtedly, a Asperly Aimless is needed for Backup

firefly1957
07-07-2021, 09:15 AM
Maybe he could consider a flame thrower for them it is a often ignored weapon for massive enemies or groups of them ....

Gator 45/70
07-07-2021, 12:21 PM
Maybe he could consider a flame thrower for them it is a often ignored weapon for massive enemies or groups of them ....

Well there you go, I'll pass that along to J.Fred, Pretty sure flame throwers are legal in Miss. Thanks for the heads up.
I asked him this am what he was gonna use to lop those heads off with.
He's like a good sharp machete or a battery powered chainsaw as back-up...as long as he keeps the battery's charged up he should be just fine !

Liberty1776
07-07-2021, 12:50 PM

Barnes 325gr XPB HP Solid Copper from a 500 S&W Mag with Lil'Gun at 2,002 fps, might slow them down a bit.

Barnes also makes a 375gr version, but it's rarely in stock.

Not cheap, though....

Load data from Barnes: https://www.barnesbullets.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/500SW.pdf

Gator 45/70
07-07-2021, 01:39 PM

Barnes 325gr XPB HP Solid Copper from a 500 S&W Mag with Lil'Gun at 2,002 fps, might slow them down a bit.

Barnes also makes a 375gr version, but it's rarely in stock.

Not cheap, though....

Load data from Barnes: https://www.barnesbullets.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/500SW.pdf

Thanks, I think he said he has a .50 cal smoke pole for back-up, But no brass projectiles, I told him to do head shots if he could?

Thumbcocker
07-08-2021, 08:43 AM
After the shot: head and shoulders or full body mount?

farmbif
07-09-2021, 08:22 PM
have any of you seen youtube videos by

the facts by howtohunt

I won't post link because some of the language he uses at times is questionable

but he talks about some weird stuff out in the woods including one story told on a video he did titled

US park ranger assaulted by something unknown

never know what might be out there, it was just a few weeks ago that the pentagon disclosed that UFO's are real, whatever that means

I'm still waiting to see so pictures and forget the head mount I think a full body mount would be in order if y'all shoot one of these critters

farmbif
07-09-2021, 08:42 PM
I'm curious what J Fred has decided to load for his hunting

Ithaca Gunner
07-10-2021, 09:00 AM
If he's really serious, an M-79 may come in handy.

1hole
07-10-2021, 09:14 AM
.... please post pictures when you get one of these nephillims or roogaroos

Killing any? I didn't even know they were in season yet.

07-10-2021, 10:37 AM
Hey gator 4570, is this for a manually operated rifle, or recoil or gas operated?

Dangerous rougarous, creatures of the night, giants, loupgarou, nephilim, they wanna eat you, hide the ketchup!

May be worth to set up the rifle like a ratting gun, red flashlight and low power scope, light and handy with quick follow-up shots? Or is this only for daytime use...
Is he setting up a stand over bait?

It is possible he is, and we are, going in the wrong direction, has he considered trapping or using repellant on them instead?

Gator 45/70
07-10-2021, 09:28 PM
Think he said the 30.06 is an H&K, neat-o rifle right there!
The other is in .308 probably an M1-A,another neat-o rifle!

07-10-2021, 09:44 PM
Ooo that means there's probably a FAL, PTR91 or Colt Monitor slithering in the safe!

I am excited to hear a range report on the load workups![emoji3][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

FireTeam7
10-04-2021, 02:47 AM
Friend of mine is concerned Nephilim's may make a comeback and wants to be prepared?

So I'll call him J.Fred, He calls yesterday and has bought some 167 grain copper projectiles at about a buck apiece.

J.Fred wants to come by and load up some 30.06 and .308....Just in case, So I'm like yeah man I just need to see if any load data is out there on the web.

J.Fred then tells me once you get a Nephilim down you have to cut its head off? I'm like the copper projectiles won't do it?

J.Fred is like no, You really have to cut its head off.

Me, Okay,let me ask around about the 167 copper projectiles and find some load data.

So on my quest to help out the old boy anyone out there can point me in the right direction for ''Copper Loads ''

Thanks ahead of time.

I load as per the bullet weight ...... use loads as per a 167 bullet .....
I am NOT sure as per the kill potential of the copper on Nephilm , just have not had the opportunity , hopefully will not have that ...... anyway I will not turn it down .
As per the Bible , it does state that "as in the days of Noah, so shall it be again" ...... other accounts have also confirmed prophesy that it WILL come to pass.
Also if one is familiar with Steve Quayle , he states with affirmation that the COPPER bullet will make the blood boil of a Nephilm....He is the one that stated this several years ago.
I have loads already on standby for .40, .45, .30 , 25-06 , 7.56 x 39, and .50 AE , just in case . ......... all those just in case I am not carrying one or the other at the time.

Butzbach
10-04-2021, 05:17 AM
OMG I can see there are not chill pills big enough for some folks on here!

As for my 2 cents I'd say that in light of the spirit of the age, Mr. J. Fred is just being a good boy scout.

Cast 'em cheap, stack 'em deep and keep it dry my friends.

Ephesians 6:10-18

Gator 45/70
10-04-2021, 06:09 AM
J.Fred went with the Barnes load data, By the book him, Seems the coppers are a bit rough on barrels.

Both are 180 grainers 308's got 37 grains and the 30.06 got 42 grains of IMR 4895

Me thinks he will penetrate enough to stack em' deep.

Scrounge
10-04-2021, 02:09 PM
J.Fred went with the Barnes load data, By the book him, Seems the coppers are a bit rough on barrels.

Both are 180 grainers 308's got 37 grains and the 30.06 got 42 grains of IMR 4895

Me thinks he will penetrate enough to stack em' deep.

I think he'll be punching nice neat .308 caliber holes straight thorough most of what he shoots at. Might work on light armor, but they'd be thoroughly illegal here in Oklahoma. By law, bullets must be at least 60% lead. No joke. I guess if I later find I need something that will do copper bullets, I'll swage 'em from pure copper electrical wire, and fire them through the Mosin. Its bore is already very non-standard, at .316", ande I'm not putting that stuff through my good rifles.

Bill

firefly1957
10-04-2021, 04:48 PM
Found it hard to believe this thread is still going!

Scrounge
10-04-2021, 05:04 PM
Found it hard to believe this thread is still going!

Me too. That's why I had to smart off about it. ;)

Bill

fiberoptik
10-04-2021, 06:15 PM
Here’s one:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211004/55c1342406a54bb015a01a12403d365c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnsonian09
10-04-2021, 06:39 PM
Fun fact - the stones and lead balls thrown via a sling during bible times in war, and to kill goliath were called BULLETS - Boolits

Also goliath was huge but not technically a nephilim. The Nephilim were a race of people caused by the union of spirit creatures [Angel's who became demons] taking mortal wives.

They were wiped out during the flood of noah. So could not be around afterwards as after the flood God prevented them from doing that again.

Rumors of nephilim surviving came about after Israel sent spies into the land of Canaan. And all the spies [except* for Joshua and caleb] were fearful of the people who lived there.

And if I recall correctly the fearful spies giving a false report/being unfaithful and scared of men instead of God is what caused the nation to wander around in the woods for an additional 40 years until everyone from that generation died. [Exept for Joshua and kaleb who led the new nation to conquer Canaan in their old age.

So if you really want to kill giants. I recommend a bucket of water to drown them in after you knock em out with a big boolit :D

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70
10-04-2021, 07:25 PM
I'm telling yall, These Barnes don't play

J.Fred is good to go on Nephilim's ,Freddy, Jason or any hob-goblin that comes his way !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkV4wwfDyKE

gwpercle
10-05-2021, 08:54 AM
Fun fact - the stones and lead balls thrown via a sling during bible times in war, and to kill goliath were called BULLETS - Boolits

Also goliath was huge but not technically a nephilim. The Nephilim were a race of people caused by the union of spirit creatures [Angel's who became demons] taking mortal wives.

They were wiped out during the flood of noah. So could not be around afterwards as after the flood God prevented them from doing that again.

Rumors of nephilim surviving came about after Israel sent spies into the land of Canaan. And all the spies [except* for Joshua and caleb] were fearful of the people who lived there.

And if I recall correctly the fearful spies giving a false report/being unfaithful and scared of men instead of God is what caused the nation to wander around in the woods for an additional 40 years until everyone from that generation died. [Exept for Joshua and kaleb who led the new nation to conquer Canaan in their old age.

So if you really want to kill giants. I recommend a bucket of water to drown them in after you knock em out with a big boolit :D

Okay ... So ... Tell us all about the Rou- Garou's and the Loup-Garou's

johnsonian09
10-05-2021, 12:53 PM
Are you referring to the french wolfmen stories?

Burnt Fingers
10-05-2021, 04:21 PM
I think he'll be punching nice neat .308 caliber holes straight thorough most of what he shoots at. Might work on light armor, but they'd be thoroughly illegal here in Oklahoma. By law, bullets must be at least 60% lead. No joke. I guess if I later find I need something that will do copper bullets, I'll swage 'em from pure copper electrical wire, and fire them through the Mosin. Its bore is already very non-standard, at .316", ande I'm not putting that stuff through my good rifles.

Bill

Do you have a source for that? I can't find such a restriction in the hunting regs.

Gator 45/70
10-05-2021, 08:24 PM
Are you referring to the french wolfmen stories?

Stories? Those things are real and live in the swamps, I no longer go in swamps at night !

johnsonian09
10-05-2021, 08:27 PM
I'm afraid I've never seen a wolf man. Even in the swamps here. However there are plenty of mindless zombies running amuck.

Makes for good trap and skeet practice.

.429&H110
10-05-2021, 10:15 PM
Finally after all this Johnsonian spilled the beans.
The nephilim were the cause of the Flood and died in it.
Being angels, they were spirit with body, but no soul.
God drowned their bodies.
Nephilim spirits weren't welcome in Heaven
Being Satan's buddies their spirits became his demons.
The lake of fire is a good place for them.
Do they go bump in the dark in the swamp?
Do they run our universities?
Are you sure Halloween is a good idea?

gwpercle
10-06-2021, 11:39 AM
Stories? Those things are real and live in the swamps, I no longer go in swamps at night !

I don't go either ...especially I don't go to the Honey Island Swamp !
they may not have no Nephillums in there but they got the Rougarou's ...
Harlan Ford seen it and he told my Daddy about it and my Daddy told me it was real .. Stay out the Swamps come the night ...
Gary

Gator 45/70
10-06-2021, 01:29 PM
I don't go either ...especially I don't go to the Honey Island Swamp !
they may not have no Nephillums in there but they got the Rougarou's ...
Harlan Ford seen it and he told my Daddy about it and my Daddy told me it was real .. Stay out the Swamps come the night ...
Gary

Now that's a rough place, Honey Island Swamp!!! I've hunted there a few times when I was younger and could climb a sticker tree backwards with no cloths on, If the packs of wild hogs don't get you something else will
Especially after dark !

Outpost75
10-06-2021, 10:09 PM
Here in West Virginia we have recruited the moth man and Bigfoot to deliver blessed rattlesnakes from the Pentacotal fundamentalists to kill them. No issues.

SteveTheBruce
11-04-2021, 06:39 PM
Hi, I realize that this is a joke to many folks but for those who are open to the idea.
Remington Copper Solid 12ga Slugs
Remington Premier Expander 12ga slugs
Barnes XPB projectiles (45 and 50 cal) Loads are the same as cast lead.

Bigger projectiles are better.

Keep a few options on hand.

Good Luck and God speed.

Steve
Sancti Miles Christi

gwpercle
11-05-2021, 12:11 PM
Here in West Virginia we have recruited the moth man and Bigfoot to deliver blessed rattlesnakes from the Pentacotal fundamentalists to kill them. No issues.

I want to hear about these Pentacostal Fundametalists ... they sound Scarier than Honey Island Swamp Monster and Moth Man all rolled into one !

Gary

.429&H110
11-05-2021, 02:13 PM
I am a Baptist fundamentalist, I suppose.
Is there an alternative?

Over in the swamp there might still be some Raphilim around...

I want to see the last soul saved
(that can be, will be saved)
so that this world will end.
Soon.
"...even so, Jesus come quickly."

We cannot kill things that are are not alive.
For everything else, I believe a SuperRedhawk and Keith boolits is enough.

We cannot kill evil with any boolit.
If you invite evil to your party, evil will show up.
Go looking for evil, you will find plenty of evil.
As I said, it's a choice.
Tools that make holes won't be much help without the owner's manual.

Psalm 19:11
"...and in the keeping of them is great reward"

wv109323
11-05-2021, 07:01 PM
A question and a suggestion
Do Nephilam show up on night vision optics?
I suggest we start a "Go Fund Me " account for a complete body mount. I expect a complete body mount would be more expensive than a moose mount.

Gator 45/70
11-05-2021, 08:39 PM
A question and a suggestion
Do Nephilam show up on night vision optics?
I suggest we start a "Go Fund Me " account for a complete body mount. I expect a complete body mount would be more expensive than a moose mount.

By golly old J.Fred could use some help with the full body mount thingy, I hope they lite up in a thermal, My ATN could use a little practice at night.

GL49
11-07-2021, 02:19 PM
Go ahead and scoff at these legends.
Tell your jokes.
Make light of what J. Fred has said.
I can supply proof at least one of them still exists.
Signed and notarized affidavits if required.
Evil. Pure evil.

I finally googled where to find the Honey Island Swamp and the monster.
Louisiana folks, heed this warning.
One of these beasts moved from Oregon to Louisiana to be near his relatives.
You folks need to be wary.
It does exist and it IS there.
I don't know if it's a true Nephilim, but it's gotta be close.
J.Fred, watch over them.