PDA

View Full Version : Update on My wife 6-24-21 it's not good...

GoodOlBoy
06-24-2021, 11:44 PM
As many of you know my wife, Heather, has been fighting cancer again. Yesterday morning she had no interest in food, only wanted to sleep, and was fairly non-responsive (not unusual for her when she is tired). I left her food and drink, covered her up on the bed so she could rest, and went to check on Momma who had just gotten out of the hospital. When I came home she still seemed to be sleeping. I setup the laptop on the bed beside her, like I often do, and when I glanced over I realized her closed eyes were moving back and forth in a slow pendulum movement which is indicative of a systemic problem. I tried to wake her and she was completely non-responsive. I pulled back the covers to find she had vomited on herself, and urinated on herself and the bed. She couldn't answer questions, and the best we would get (if lucky) was a grunt. Phyllis called 911 and we got her into a nightgown. She fell off of the bed and onto the floor, and we were unable to lift her. Paramedics got her into the ambulance and to the ER at Palestine. Once there it took alot of work for the nursing staff to get her connected to machines and saline, and once she had a little fluid in her she started crying and fighting everybody. She would repeat a couple of phrases as she fought us but that was it. They checked her blood stats... Hemoglobin was down to a 2 (out of 14), and white cells which should have been around 11k parts per due to cancer were instead 290k parts per. They found she had no brain damage, but did have pneumonia in a lung, her skin was jaundiced, and her heart was racing. They gave her a very mild sedative, one she has had in the past, to calm her. 45 seconds later we watched her heart rate go from 59 to 39 to 18 to 0 in under a second. She crashed out. Died. The great Dr and nursing staff were able to revive her, but it took 4 blood transfusions, and alot of other work to stabilize her so she could be life flighted at 2:30 am to Tyler Mother Francis. This morning when we went to see her we were given the news that she only has a 50/50 chance of surviving 24 hours. Her organs are failing. He put her on dialysis for 12 hours and said if it works, without killing her heart again, she would have that 50/50 chance. Beyond that is long odds. She also has a massively off ph balance, and needs constant bicarb and charcoal treatments in the stomach because of what all the other meds are doing. It doesn't look good. This should have all been caught weeks, or even months ago, and it wasn't. I've missed a bunch of the problems in this post, but I am exhausted. It is what I could do for now. Prayers needed. God Bless.

Richard

square butte
06-25-2021, 12:07 AM
Almighty God - Please help Heather in her hour of need. Relieve her suffering and bring her comfort. Guide those who are working to help her. Let Your Hand be upon her. Please be with Richard as he walks through this trial. This we pray in Jesus name.

trails4u
06-25-2021, 12:10 AM
Prayers up, my friend. May He be with you and yours and I pray His will is for a positive outcome.

obssd1958
06-25-2021, 12:21 AM
Prayers for Heather and for you. Know that whatever God has in store, it's all part of his plan.

Three44s
06-25-2021, 12:37 AM
Almighty Lord, please bless Heather and Richard in these extremely trying times. My your grace and love help them through their ordeal.

Three44s

2A-Jay
06-25-2021, 12:51 AM
Prayers Offered up for both your wifeand you.

tunnug
06-25-2021, 03:01 AM
My heart breaks for you, prayers to you and your wife.

rick benjamin
06-25-2021, 03:20 AM
May God comfort you and Heather.

Lloyd Smale
06-25-2021, 05:07 AM
we will pray for the both of you!

GhostHawk
06-25-2021, 05:42 AM
Lord be with our brother and his wife as they go through these troubles. Help them find the peace that a strong connection with you can bring. Give them and their family all the love and support you can in the days to come. What will be, will be. Thy will Lord be done on earth as it is in heaven.

In the name of God the Father, maker of Heaven and Earth, his only Son our Lord Jesus the Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

Amen

augercreek
06-25-2021, 05:47 AM
Dear Lord bring an end to this suffering and peace to the family.

Pine Baron
06-25-2021, 05:53 AM
I join all the prayers offered here and add my plea for God's mercy, comfort and strength. In Jesus name. Amen

MrWolf
06-25-2021, 06:01 AM
My prayers for you and your family. Not much we can say as we do not know his plans, just have faith in them. Hang in there.

USMC87
06-25-2021, 09:07 AM
We are praying for you all and know that God is always with us and will give comfort and peace, Stay focused upon God and His direction for your life!

ShooterAZ
06-25-2021, 09:30 AM
Prayers sent for healing and strength for Heather, and for you and your family.

dverna
06-25-2021, 09:55 AM
Prayers for strength and comfort.

We will all face the journey Home one day. If she has Jesus, she has everything.

Smoke4320
06-25-2021, 10:06 AM
Prayers sent for both

David2011
06-25-2021, 10:16 AM
Prayers for both of you and your family. So sorry to see this news.

GoodOlBoy
06-26-2021, 12:58 AM
Thank you all. Today was more of the same. To quote the doctor "we've traded problems at this point". There is so much going wrong at one time that they are literally having heck trying anything and everything.

Ill post more when I know more, but it looks like organ failure if they can't get this cascade of problems stopped and reversed.

God Bless.

Richard

bruce381
06-26-2021, 01:13 AM
Almighty God - Please help Heather in her hour of need. Relieve her suffering and bring her comfort. Guide those who are working to help her. Let Your Hand be upon her. Please be with Richard as he walks through this trial. This we pray in Jesus name.

Me too go bless her try to stay strong for her if you can sucks

Markopolo
06-26-2021, 09:15 AM
Prayers sir... and peace.

pmer
06-26-2021, 09:50 AM
There is a better place ahead for all of us who believe in the kingdom of God. May the peace which surpasses all understanding rest on you and your family in these troubled times. Lord, your will be done,, bless this wonderful lady and keep her in your heart, Amen.

Blackwater
06-26-2021, 11:31 AM
Good Ol' Boy, I'm late here, but prayers are up for both of you and your loved ones. These are the times that try us most deeply. The hardest part of having a good wife or friend is when they're suffering and it's not certain if they'll live. But take heart. If she was worth marrying, she's worth supporting when she needs it most. God be with both of you and your family.

jcren
06-26-2021, 04:29 PM
Prayers sent, brother.

Boaz
06-26-2021, 05:43 PM
Lord be close to Heather in this time of need . Please use her doctors and care team to work through you . Provide the help she needs . Strengthen and guide Richard and the family . Thank you for all you do Lord .
Amen

Pete44mag
06-26-2021, 10:11 PM
My prayers for Heather and you also. I'm sorry I'm late to this post but tonight is the first time I've seen it. I will put Heather on my prayer list.

06-26-2021, 10:24 PM
So sorry to hear your troubles. May God watch over and give you & Heather mercy and comfort.

tankgunner59
06-26-2021, 10:26 PM
Lord please lay your healing hands on Heather in this her our of need. Bless her and keep her with your love, mercy, grace and healing. Please bless Richard and his family with your peace that passes all understanding, and with your love and understanding that all will happen according to your will. In Jesus name, Amen.