PDA

View Full Version : The Annual Glock Thread!!

Der Gebirgsjager
06-22-2021, 05:46 PM
It's here! Time to talk about Glock, the fantastic plastic that conquered the world! Love 'em or hate 'em, you've most likely got one-- or maybe even more! Tell us about yours, whatever model, barrel length, modification, or caliber. Why do you like yours? Make converts. You can discuss fixing them, making them from 80% receivers, and how on one dark night in an alley one saved your bacon. All things Glock. Photos encouraged.

To get things rolling, here is one of mine. Actually, I have three, but two left for vacation in the Alps.

DG

Thumbcocker
06-22-2021, 06:00 PM
Had 2. Didn't like them. Won't own another.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

zarrinvz24
06-22-2021, 06:13 PM
I’ve got 3, all Gen 4: A 17, 19, and a 43. I had a 26 but sold it when the 43 hit the market about 6 years ago. I hated everything about them until I held a 4th Gen. I know I’m definitely in the minority, but I thought the 4th Gen was the pinnacle. Don’t get me wrong, I view them as a tool, but tools are worthy of respect as well. I’d imagine that the way I view Glocks now is similar to the way the S&W M10 and Colt OP were viewed in the 50’s. Tools.

Now I need to find a Glock 20, 31 & 32 Gen 4 before they go out of production. I can’t stand to have a set that doesn’t match.

That’s a nice pistol DG, is that a Gen 3, 40?

44MAG#1
06-22-2021, 06:15 PM
I have seven of them. Many years ago I said I would "never" own another after I got rid of a M36 and the mid size 40 S&W I had what ever that model is.

cwtebay
06-22-2021, 06:56 PM
I have one, planning on selling it. I don't hate them, but there isn't anything about them that really excites me.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Half Dog
06-22-2021, 07:04 PM
Well, I haven’t owned one but I’ve held several. A 1911 trumps Glock, in my opinion.

kens
06-22-2021, 07:09 PM
the only thing 'good' about a Glock is the price point, that is, its a cheap gun.
accuracy is not really great, finish is not particurlarly great, nothing about it is really 'great'
it is merely 'good' for its price point.
it is good in all aspects, but not great at anything

ShooterAZ
06-22-2021, 07:28 PM
I had one, a Glock 17C. I bought it for use in IPSC and IDPA matches. I ended up trading it off because it just didn't fit my hands well, or feel very comfortable shooting it. Accuracy was good, reliability was excellent, I just didn't like it so down the road it went. It's all a personal choice so I'm not knocking the platform. For the competitions, I got a Para Ordnance P14-45 and never looked back. For carry it's a Kimber Classic Model Custom 45ACP, one of the very guns first produced in Clackamas, OR. before Kimber moved to New York.

376Steyr
06-22-2021, 08:03 PM
As far as conquering the world goes, I don't have a single Glock in the safe, but the last time I looked a SIG 320, a Kahr, and three different flavors of Ruger polymer-framed pistols had crawled in there. And then there is also the AR 9mm carbine that takes Glock magazines. Maybe, just maybe, these new-fangled plastic pistols aren't just a passing fad.

dverna
06-22-2021, 08:20 PM
I have three. Getting rid of all my 1911’s...three gone and two to go. The Glock is a superb SD gun.

My fun guns are revolvers as I hate picking up brass. The Glocks are for when there is serious business afoot

Der Gebirgsjager
06-22-2021, 09:05 PM
That’s a nice pistol DG, is that a Gen 3, 40?

Yes! Used police pistol purchased around 2002,

DG

Texas by God
06-22-2021, 11:16 PM
I didn't warm up to the m22 .40 S&W that I had so I let it go. My daughter has a Glock .380 and my brother has a longslide 10mm; I really enjoy shooting both of those. They are easy to hit with. If they made a single stack .45, I might buy one.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

slam45
06-22-2021, 11:17 PM
Gen 3 G30 hi grip and remove the finger grooves ( just work it with sandpaper till it fits) talon grip wrap...heinie straight 8 night sights and a Jarvis barrel... Wolff non captured guide rod and 21lb recoil spring... accurate and packs easy... all i need in a carry pistol...

M-Tecs
06-22-2021, 11:20 PM
Don't own any but I do have Glock Mags for my Ruger PC. Might get one to match the Ruger PC for a travel gun set. I sell a bunch of them but I personally have never cared for the triggers.

Bigslug
06-23-2021, 12:20 AM
In my opinion, there are four kinds of centerfire handguns in the world:

1. Glocks

2. 1911's

3. Revolvers

4. Those that are not worth my time

Of the first three (#4 being a great generalization), only the Glock is pretty much rust-proof, doesn't need parts hand fitted, and can pretty much be repaired by swapping a part or series of parts that might get listed on the "Causes of problems" troubleshooting checklist. While it helps if you understand how the parts interact, this is a lot less critical to keeping a Glock running that a great many other options. If you know how to change parts on one, you're usually set. Love the 1911 as I do, they really need the benefit of someone who understands what's going on under the hood. Love revolvers as I do, the "sequence of consecutive miracles" required to rotate, time, and fire all those individual chambers can easily get beyond the brainpower of the casual tinkerer.

You really can't beat a Glock's score on a matrix of simple, durable, reliable, and affordable

Walks
06-23-2021, 01:05 AM
I've had 6 over the years, still have 2; a very early M23 and a very early M21.
The others just slipped away, nothing wrong with them.
Do just Love My Glocks, a lot more with Wolf bbl's. And captive recoil springs.

Lloyd Smale
06-23-2021, 05:07 AM
ive got 7 glocks. there good guns. I wouldnt sell them but i doubt id buy another. Not when i can get an Smith M&P thats just as good for a couple hundred less that is also alot more ergonomic. No semi auto feels better in my hand then a full sized M&P. Even the compact ones put the compact glocks to shame in that department. About any gun made feels better in the hand then a 26 or 27 or 29 without an extension mag. They do go bang everytime though but that selling point is old in the tooth. LOTS of semi autos can make that claim today. One positive about glocks though is they up till now anyway resisted the pressure to put a stupid safety on there guns. Absolute only gun ill carry with a safety is a 1911 and to be honest rarely carry them anymore. Ill add too that ive had better luck with accuracy with M&Ps vs glocks too. Especially with cast.

MGD
06-23-2021, 07:01 AM
Picked up a Glock M37 45 GAP police surplus years ago. It has a Bar-Sto barrel and Heinie sights and will shoot with any Colt Gold Cup. I shoot it in IDPA competition. It is fun watching people trying to figure out what I'm shooting.

Jsm180
06-23-2021, 07:43 AM
Only have 2, 30 and 19. 30 is my EDC. I look at a Glock as a tool, not a fashion statement.

ioon44
06-23-2021, 08:44 AM
I have a 1988 vintage Glock 22 and added a Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel for fun, also a Glock 19.

jdfoxinc
06-23-2021, 11:10 PM
G21 1st gen. At the time this and buying a para ordnance frame for your 1911 were the only choices for a hi cap .45 ACP. have added a G22 with a .357 sig swap out barrel and a 9mm barrel.

TyGuy
06-23-2021, 11:29 PM
I started with a G17 gen 4. It’s bone stock and is my winter carry piece in a Galco shoulder rig under my jacket. I also put together a full size Polymer80 in 9mm. It has a threaded barrel and suppressor hight Trijicon night sights. Suppressor is still in limbo for it. The factory pistol shoots better and simply feels better but it’s fun to say I “built” that one.

I recently picked up a G20 10mm. I’ve wanted one for years but never could bring myself to plunk down the cash. Planning a camping/fishing trip to Wyoming next month and wanted something with a bit more oomph on the off chance we run into a hungry/grumpy bear.

They are nothing to look at but they shoot well enough for me and are in the budget. Better than the old Davis .32 I used to keep in my nightstand!

downzero
06-23-2021, 11:36 PM
I had one, a Glock 17C. I bought it for use in IPSC and IDPA matches. I ended up trading it off because it just didn't fit my hands well, or feel very comfortable shooting it. Accuracy was good, reliability was excellent, I just didn't like it so down the road it went. It's all a personal choice so I'm not knocking the platform. For the competitions, I got a Para Ordnance P14-45 and never looked back. For carry it's a Kimber Classic Model Custom 45ACP, one of the very guns first produced in Clackamas, OR. before Kimber moved to New York.

What division of IPSC and IDPA did you shoot a Glock 17C in? As far as I know, there has been no time where a Glock 17C would have ever been competitive in IPSC, and all compensated guns have been banned in IDPA for at least the last 17 years I've been paying attention.

Did you also know that Kimber never produced any 1911s in Clakamas, OR? Their address was there, but no 1911s were ever made there. It's one of those internet myths that never seems to die. I love my old Kimber btw, they definitely were great guns in the 90s and early 2000s. But a lot of people don't seem to realize that no 1911s were ever made by them in Oregon, that's just where the FFL was. The roll mark does, however, indicate that your gun is one of the oldest Kimber 1911s.

Back on topic, I am a huge 1911 fan and have a ton of them, but I have one Glock, purchased on a blue label deal, a 19. It does the job and I'd trust my life on it, but I don't enjoy shooting it.

Der Gebirgsjager
06-24-2021, 11:34 AM
Picked up a Glock M37 45 GAP police surplus years ago. It has a Bar-Sto barrel and Heinie sights and will shoot with any Colt Gold Cup. I shoot it in IDPA competition. It is fun watching people trying to figure out what I'm shooting.

One of my three is a M37 .45 GAP, a police trade-in factory re-work. I bought mine from Sportsman's Guide. It got me into reloading for yet another caliber. But, (tell me if I'm wrong) I think it's initial popularity is trickling away. It's one of those cartridges that you are left wondering, "Now what was that all about?"

DG

kerplode
06-24-2021, 12:30 PM
I like Glocks, I own a handful, and I shoot them well. They are fantastic and reliable defensive pistols.

What the lack, though, is soul. Pick up a steel and wood handgun and you feel a certain warmth and sense of history. Grabbing a Glock is like picking up a framing hammer.

FergusonTO35
06-24-2021, 04:23 PM
I got 5 of 'em: 19, 22, 26, 42, and 44. The 42 is my favorite. Glock did a fantastic job of making it both easy to carry and easy to shoot, which you can't say about most .380's. I feed my 42 Makarov level loads regularly and it doesn't miss a beat.

johniv
06-24-2021, 05:44 PM
I have owned one. A M19. It was too big for my hand, I didn’t shoot it well. While I had it , I found that it was NOT the paragon of reliability, as claimed. (With factory ammo) . I had a Ruger SR9c at the same time and it was a much better gun, but still too large for my hand. I went back to the 1911, as it always seems to work, and likes my cast boolit loads.

BNE
06-24-2021, 06:06 PM
I have a couple and my wife has one. Hers is the 44, and it is just stupidly fun to shoot.
Mine are a 43X and a 34 Gen 5 with a red dot sight. Both are more accurate than me. They always go bang and I have tried a LOT of load variations.

Only thing I hate about Glocks is their labeling system. It is too random and tells you nothing about what type of gun you are looking at.

I view them as a different pair of shoes. They fill a role and I like them very much when I need that role filled! If I had to choose....but wait, this is still America! I don’t have to choose only one!!!

slohunter
06-24-2021, 10:27 PM
Glocks are.......never mind, no comment!

Der Gebirgsjager
06-25-2021, 10:43 AM
So far I'm a bit surprised at how this thread is (or is not!) progressing. Glock used to be HUGE (as The Donald would say...), really HUGE! Am I to believe that they are losing their charisma and popularity? In the past debates about whether or not you could shoot cast boolits in them went on for pages and pages, with staunch and unyielding defense of the pistol by countless fans. Has the huge (that word again!) wave of competitive plastic pistols by other manufacturers overshadowed the glory of Glock? I know that they lost "The Gunny" as a spokesperson, but there are still the Glock Shoots. Very honestly, I like them. If you want a pistol that will work, Glock is a good choice.

Like I said, I've got 3 of them, a 22, 47, and a 21. The Models 22 and 47 were used, but nicely, when I bought them, but I got the 21 new. I was interested in attending the local Glock Shoots, and at the time didn't own one. My wife actually said, "Find the one you want and I'll buy it for you!" Maybe she wanted me out of the house.....

DG

lawdog941
06-25-2021, 12:51 PM
I love Glocks, have 3, 17 (2), and a 26. One 17 and 26 were duty guns until we switched to Sigs. I still use the 26 for off duty, I seem to shoot it better than the 17 according to my qualification results. They are great tools and dependable. However, I think I came down with a bug and a sweet shooting Kimber 45 is becoming a "go to" for trips.

Catshooter
06-26-2021, 12:07 AM
Der,

The real point of the .45 GAP was to get .45 ballistics into the 17 sized frame. And in that it succeeded admirably. I love the .45 but when I put my hand on a glove sizing chart my palms say extra large and then some, my fingers say small please! So the GAP filled a need for me.

I love the old 1911, it's what I cut my teeth on. The Glock though is a much improved fighting pistol and I love them too.

Cat

Der Gebirgsjager
06-26-2021, 12:34 AM
I like the .45 GAP, and as I said I have a pistol for it, and reload for it. But I sure like the ACP!

DG

Dieselhorses
06-26-2021, 01:01 AM
I have a couple and my wife has one. Hers is the 44, and it is just stupidly fun to shoot.
Mine are a 43X and a 34 Gen 5 with a red dot sight. Both are more accurate than me. They always go bang and I have tried a LOT of load variations.

Only thing I hate about Glocks is their labeling system. It is too random and tells you nothing about what type of gun you are looking at.

I view them as a different pair of shoes. They fill a role and I like them very much when I need that role filled! If I had to choose....but wait, this is still America! I don’t have to choose only one!!!

They are all color coded-you didn't know this?

nueces5
06-26-2021, 01:11 AM
I was looking for a 9mm to shoot cheaper than a 45. The opportunity arose to buy a new G17. I wasn't looking for a glock. Each day I like it more.
I bought a Steyr M9, but it wasn't as good as the Glock looks to me

Dieselhorses
06-26-2021, 01:23 AM
Have an old G22 New Orleans police turn in. It does the job well.

iomskp
06-26-2021, 02:03 AM
I had 34 in 9 mm the only thing I liked about it was the mag release and the price I got for it when I sold it.

Goldstar225
06-27-2021, 04:01 PM
I carried a Glock as my issued side arm for my entire career (17, 22, & 23). I still have the 23 that was given to me at retirement. I always respected their reliability and durability but they never fit my hand well. Despite managing to be the #2 shooter in my academy class of 93 and being one of the top shooters in my department it was a struggle to shoot it well because of the fit.

That changed when Glock brought out the model 48. I test fired one at a local gun store/range and immediately bought one on the blue label program. Finally, a Glock that fit me. I would prefer that it be a .40 cal but given the ease with which it lets me shoot it well, I'll accept the 9mm chambering. It and my S&W Shield are my go-to defensive sidearms now.

Buckeyeguy
06-27-2021, 10:19 PM
I have had several through the years, never had issues with them but something would catch my eye and I would part with them. I am now down to just a 21sf and a 30sf.

Jtarm
07-03-2021, 08:54 AM
I bought an unissued Kentucky State Police G35 a few years ago when agencies were almost giving them away.

As an old revolver guy, this was a leap for me, but I actually like it. I haven’t shot it in a while. I bought a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel my son likes to shoot it with.

If I were going to carry a full-size autoloader, I’d select it over my 1911.

MrWolf
07-03-2021, 10:11 AM
Have none and won't have any. I do not like how they fit my hand. Much prefer Sig's, M&P's, and SA's. My carry is a 357 sig and waiting on the compact so all my weather conditions are covered.

07-03-2021, 09:52 PM
It is interesting to me that the Glock has never fit my hand well, either. But, more interesting is that every time I tried a speed and accuracy (IPSC type shooting) comparison between a Glock and a more comfortable feeling Sig226, CZ, or full size M&P, I always seemed to do better with the Glock than with the others. I think the Glock’s blocky grip helps me get my hand in the same position more consistently when drawing the gun from a holster. Also, interesting is that when taking a new shooter to the range with the selection of guns mentioned, they almost always shoot the Glock the best. One of my daughters does prefer the 1911, as do I.

MrWolf
07-04-2021, 08:06 AM
It is interesting to me that the Glock has never fit my hand well, either. But, more interesting is that every time I tried a speed and accuracy (IPSC type shooting) comparison between a Glock and a more comfortable feeling Sig226, CZ, or full size M&P, I always seemed to do better with the Glock than with the others. I think the Glock’s blocky grip helps me get my hand in the same position more consistently when drawing the gun from a holster. Also, interesting is that when taking a new shooter to the range with the selection of guns mentioned, they almost always shoot the Glock the best. One of my daughters does prefer the 1911, as do I.

That's interesting as I have never actually shot a Glock. I shoot at home and was not spending money on something that did not feel right in my hand.

Idaho45guy
07-04-2021, 10:49 AM
I own five Glocks and have never had a failure with any Glock in 25 years of shooting them. Not so much with my S&W autos.

I have the G35 for GSSF matches...

The G29 for woods carry...

The G19 Gen 5 MOS for embarrassing people who claim Glocks aren't accurate...

The G23 Gen 5 just because it's the latest .40 S&W from Glock...

And my new G23 Gen 4 that I just installed a Timney trigger in to prove that you can have a Glock with a better trigger than a 1911.

I just installed the newest trigger from Timney for the Glock. I was going to put it in the G35 for match and range use only, but was curious how it would feel in a carry gun. I installed it with a heavier trigger connector and polished trigger safety and was rewarded with very little creep, a perfect wall, then a crisp and predictable 3.75 lb pull. Absolutely amazing and much better than my 1911 Limited Match gun trigger.

rbuck351
07-05-2021, 02:27 AM
I had a gen 1 Glock m21 and at work I shot the Glock m22 a lot. neither pointed in well, they always pointed high and left for my hands. The 1911 points in right where it should for me however my wife bought me a Springfield XDs in 45 that points in where it should and is much easier to carry concealed.

Glocks are good guns but they take more concentration for me to shoot well than either the 1911 or the XDs. But I wont buy another Glock because they fit my hand poorly.

pmer
07-05-2021, 07:29 AM
I own five Glocks and have never had a failure with any Glock in 25 years of shooting them. Not so much with my S&W autos.

I have the G35 for GSSF matches...

The G29 for woods carry...

The G19 Gen 5 MOS for embarrassing people who claim Glocks aren't accurate...

The G23 Gen 5 just because it's the latest .40 S&W from Glock...

And my new G23 Gen 4 that I just installed a Timney trigger in to prove that you can have a Glock with a better trigger than a 1911.

I just installed the newest trigger from Timney for the Glock. I was going to put it in the G35 for match and range use only, but was curious how it would feel in a carry gun. I installed it with a heavier trigger connector and polished trigger safety and was rewarded with very little creep, a perfect wall, then a crisp and predictable 3.75 lb pull. Absolutely amazing and much better than my 1911 Limited Match gun trigger.

I've had a few Glocks all bone stock and none of them shot like that. What has to be done for that kind of accuracy and are they any good for CCW if they are modified?

Sig
07-05-2021, 08:35 AM
Don't have any, don't want any. Much prefer hammer fired vs striker. Yet to find a striker fired trigger that comes close to any of my CZ's, Sigs or revolvers.

Cast10
07-05-2021, 08:58 AM
To each his own, but this is a Glock Thread......

I started with 1911’s, 29/629, Diamondback, 22 conversion single six, 66, and so on. Didn’t think about a plastic gun. Then, as more and more articles came out it spurred my fancy to try one. That was somewhere around 2006-2009. Glock 19. Seems like I couldn’t miss! Good feel, lots of rounds, simple!

Down on ranch, ditched the 6 shots for 15 of 10mm; Glock 20 (second Glock). Big pig medicine and have taken on trips into Wyoming’s bear country. Plenty power, lots of ammo, simple! Recently have been casting/Powder Coating for the 10mm. No issues.

Glock 26 for daughter (3rd Glock) and Glock 19 for son (4th Glock). Very safe firearm!

Glock 43 came out, so replaced daughters 26 for Glock 43 (5th Glock). Compact, safe!

I took the 26 as a daily carry weapon. Got wife to start shooting more and recently got her a 43X (6th Glock). She loves it! Compact, safe, easy to handle/shoot! She still keeps her 66 snub beside bed!

It took me a long time to try a Glock, but I do like them, as do many others in my circle. Reliable, copied by many, simple, good choices of models. Oh, that grip thing.....yeah, it ain’t a 1911.

Gatorhunter1313
07-05-2021, 09:09 AM
I have gotten a few on trade when someone is trying to fill the gap of price difference for a trade. I had a gen 1 17c, a gen 2 19 and a gen 4 26. After shooting them all I couldn’t bring myself to keeping any of them. They just feel wrong when shooting. I traded them all off and got something I actually wanted

Cosmic_Charlie
07-05-2021, 10:50 AM
Got an ammo can full of 200 gr. swc ammo. Was looking at a gen 4 G 41. A buddy says his is very accurate. Had a G 34 years ago that was quite a shooter.

Der Gebirgsjager
07-05-2021, 11:18 AM
I like Cast10's post #48 (above), especially is mention of the Glock being a safe pistol. In a way it's more like a revolver, which has no external safety, and in that respect less like a 1911 which has a minimum of three. (thumb, grip, hammer). The Glock's trigger has to be pulled with the purpose in mind to fire it; and although they vary, a good one is much like firing a well tuned S&W revolver for repeatability. Glocks are certainly a classic, and as observed by Cast10 they're great training pistols. I'm sure there have been training accidents and accidental discharges with Glocks, but I'll bet that in every case someone pulled the trigger to make it fire.

DG

44MAG#1
07-05-2021, 11:23 AM
Got an ammo can full of 200 gr. swc ammo. Was looking at a gen 4 G 41. A buddy says his is very accurate. Had a G 34 years ago that was quite a shooter.

I have a M41 with a Holosun RD/Circle/RD&Circle sight on it and really like it. Use the circle only most of the time.
I love the 1911 the absolute mostest of all but shoot the Glocks most of the time especially my M30.
If you can shoot you can shoot. While you won't see any Glocks on the NRA Bullseye competitions by any shooter worthy of NRA competition doesn't mean squat in most shooters hands.

Cosmic_Charlie
07-05-2021, 11:44 AM
@44mag - Yes, to mos or not to mos. Given my 63 yr.old eyes the mos would make sense.

44MAG#1
07-05-2021, 12:19 PM
@44mag - Yes, to mos or not to mos. Given my 63 yr.old eyes the mos would make sense.

I am rapidly closing in on 69 years old. With Varilux lens in my glasses I can still see iron sights okay. But a RD is hard to beat with aging eyes.
Some don't want to face getting older so they will stay in denial about their abilities in their daily lives. I have faced reality. The person who said "old age is the golden years" must have died before they reached old age. Or else they were crazy.

bedbugbilly
07-05-2021, 05:36 PM
I have a 26 Gen 5 - bought it as I wanted more capacity for carry at times - only Glock I ever really handled or shot - I carry OWB under a shirt-tail or jacket and I do like it very much - which is saying a lot as I am pretty mcg a revolver guy -SAA revolvers. I still carry my Smith 36 snub on occasion but the idea of having more than five rounds just gives me a little more peace of mind the way things are now - especially since we spend the winters in AZ and only 40 miles from he border.

I'll also add that my 26 shoots my reloads with PC'd boolits just as well as factory jacketed.

shooting on a shoestring
07-05-2021, 09:20 PM
I’ve had three. Kept the G20. I use it once or twice a year to remind me why I don’t need to buy another Glock. It serves that role well.

In the 80’s Glocks were cutting edge. Now they’ve fallen to the back of the peloton. Just another striker fired polymer pistol that doesn’t have an ambi mag release like their competitors Springfield and HK. Nor do they have dovetailed front sights like their competitors. They were late to adopt changeable grip panels and late to the party of single stack micro nines. They haven’t done anything cutting edge since 1982.

I think they will always have their place in history as the iconic plastic pistol. That’s cool. They’re still as good today as they were in 1982……which is their current problem. Ahhh but they somethin’ when I was riding around in a Good Times van with shag carpet!

Jtarm
07-09-2021, 04:00 PM
I’d be curious to know if anyone carries a Glock (or equivalent) AIWB, and how comfortable are you with that arrangement?

I carry a Smith K-frame AIWB.

As CF autos go, Glock is my favorite, despite being butt-ugly. But I’m not sure I’d consider carrying anything besides a DA revolver or DA/SA auto pointed at my groin.

9.3X62AL
07-09-2021, 07:14 PM
We have a number of Glock pistols scattered among the daughters, sons-in-law, and our own safe. My favorites are the G-20SF for general usage and hunting, and the G-23 for carry in public. I came within a couple feet of dispatching a probable mugger outside our bank in Feb. 2019. He elected discretion as the better part of valor, and there was no need to fire. Big, scary, feral SOB--that 40 caliber muzzle diameter dissuaded him.

Catshooter
07-10-2021, 03:27 AM
Jtarm,

Yep I have. I've carried a Glock of kind or another AWIB for more than 30 years. It takes a bit of thinking through. When the piece is in the holster it's almost impossible for it to go off. The danger zone is when it goes in and out.

The stupidity of the idea that one should never take his eyes off of a threat while re-holstering is completely illustrated with a Glock AWIB. I always watch the holstering process. And why would I holster if there was still a threat?

Cat

BKS
07-10-2021, 04:07 AM
Gen 5 34 9mm
Gen 4 40 10mm
Gen 4 41 45acp

The G41 is more accurate than my Dan Wesson Specialist from the bench but it’s trigger will never be a 1911. Carried Glocks as a cop for over 20 years.

44MAG#1
07-10-2021, 04:53 AM
Is the Glock any more unsafe to carry AIWB than an M&P no safety model? Or is this just something anti Glock people bring up to make a mountain out of a mole hill?
Since I don't carry AIWB I don't know. I rarely carry anything IWB in any position.
I am willing to learn and enjoy learning.