PDA

View Full Version : Just how hard is it?

clintsfolly
06-22-2021, 03:07 PM
One of our members posted in the BST forum that he was looking for somethings on the odd side. I had them and didn’t know what a fair price would be so I pm,ed him what I had and asked for a offer. The next morning he had sent a offer and I accepted his offer by PM. In the PM I ask for his address and gave mine. Days later and no reply. I have seen that he has been on line but no reply . Just how hard is it to reply? Changed mind? Waiting for money? Found cheaper? Just let people know so they aren’t looking for a reply for nothing.

rcslotcar
06-22-2021, 03:22 PM
Advise the other member since he has not replied in a timely manner the offer has been rescinded. Don't stress over it.

jim147
06-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Private message notifaction is hard to see on my pad. I have to look for it. And look at that someone set me one.

CastingFool
06-22-2021, 08:22 PM
Jim147, you can set it so you get a notification email in your inbox, when you have a pm. Just go to private messages, then your account, then settings, then notifications. There are 3 boxes you can check off. One to receive msgs from administrators, one up receive email notifications and the 3rd to receive friends requests

Handloader109
06-23-2021, 07:45 AM
I use my phone and Tapatalk for over 3/4 of my time here. I usually miss the pm tab so I've been 2 or 3 days late on replying to PMS myself. But sometimes folks can be forgetful. Just move on and ignore his response if you ever get one....... or not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JRLesan
06-23-2021, 08:02 AM
Inconsiderate, self centered, no respect for anybody else's time; take your pick or draw other conclusions. Seems to be the order of the day...

jdfoxinc
06-23-2021, 08:04 AM
Old and forgetful also a possibility. I missed out on a deal for that reason

4719dave
06-23-2021, 08:38 AM
yes sir ,,,times are changing not for the better.

abunaitoo
06-23-2021, 06:05 PM
Inconsiderate, self centered, no respect for anybody else's time; take your pick or draw other conclusions. Seems to be the order of the day...

Exactly.
You would think people here would be more considerate.
If you don't want it, let the other party know.
I have a list of those who I won't sell to anymore.
Those who do this to me, get on the list.
Don't use a dumb phone for email, so have no idea the problems with it.
But if there are problems, wouldn't that make you keep better track of things?????
Liked it much better when there were no dumb phones.
Seems society was much much more considerate back then.

clintsfolly
06-24-2021, 01:56 PM
Well Gang! I have to eat a little crow. While the person never replied he sent the payment by mail. I had asked for a reply with his info so I could get the stuff packed and ready. The next question is baked or broiled?

Winger Ed.
06-24-2021, 02:50 PM
Well,,,,,, payment in advance is a pretty good reply.:bigsmyl2:

I've sold a couple things here that the deal went a little slow, but always came through.
Especially with younger folks--- their time is not always their own.
I just figured the other guy was busy, had other things going on, and I didn't sweat it.