PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day!

Idaho45guy
06-20-2021, 10:40 AM
I've been a dad since I was 24 years old, and a grandfather since I was 47 years old, and I'm now 52. I have a son and a daughter, and three grandkids.

My biological dad is still alive and lives 12 miles away. My stepdad is still alive and lives 15 miles away with my mom.

Today, I will go deliver gifts to both dads, and hope I get a phone call from at least one of my kids. Both turned out to be leftists, so that is too bad, but both are moral, intelligent, make good money, still believe in God, have healthy relationships, and aren't anti-gun.

Happy Father's Day to all the other dads here on Castboolits! We love our kids and grandkids, and did the best we could.

buckwheatpaul
06-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Back at ya Idaho45guy.....may God bless you and all of our fathers on our Cast Boolits Family!

alfadan
06-20-2021, 02:48 PM
Have to break out dad's trapdoor today.

foesgth
06-20-2021, 09:14 PM
My youngest son says I don't know how to just goof off. I guess it is true as I have spent Father's Day fighting weeds in the garden. But, it is quittin' time and I think the family is waiting for me...

Finster101
06-20-2021, 09:24 PM
I went to the range with my Dad on Fathers Day 2012, he passed away the next day. Treasure your time while you have them. I love my Mom but I sure miss being able to talk to Dad. I'm no kid mind you, I'm 60 but I still miss him badly.

tankgunner59
06-20-2021, 10:03 PM
I have the same happening with our daughter, being on the left. Our son has not sold out and I don't think he ever will. THanks for the wishes and Happy Fathers Day to all of you dads/grandpa's.

Idaho45guy
06-22-2021, 02:22 AM
My son informed me on his Father's Day call that he and his live-in girlfriend are expecting a child around my birthday in December.

Great news! I asked him if he and his girlfriend were going to get married before the baby was born, since they've been dating for over 6 years and are completely committed to each other. Nope.

Whatever, at least I will have my 4th grandchild before I turn 53!

remy3424
06-22-2021, 07:27 AM
My youngest son says I don't know how to just goof off. I guess it is true as I have spent Father's Day fighting weeds in the garden. But, it is quittin' time and I think the family is waiting for me...

That vintage image is great, very funny! I am normally in NW SD shooting prairie dogs on Father's Day (with my father), our shoot was pushed back a week this year, so I was home with my family, ended-up having to put my 13 year old GSP down....I think I will go back to SD for father's day now on. His shooting days are going to be winding down sooner than I would like.