PDA

View Full Version : I need a custom push-through sizing die

AbitNutz
06-17-2021, 12:44 AM
So I need a custom push-through resizing die and ram like the one Lee sells. I need it in .729. Lee doesn't make one that large no matter how much you beg. I saw a YouTube guy that used a stainless steel bolt in 7/8-14 to make one. That does seem a bit on the small size so perhaps he misspoke and meant 1-1/4-12, either way, having no equipment or skill to use it if I did, that's not going to happen. Any help will be most appreciated.

I know there are several people here that can do this. I'm hoping you're not too busy to humor me.
[

centershot
06-18-2021, 12:57 PM
Any machine shop worthy of the name could zip this out with no trouble at all. Ask around in your area, any machinist with a lathe could do this!

06-18-2021, 04:45 PM
some of our group make 'em. IIRC "ammohead" does custom. Give him a PM.

AbitNutz
06-18-2021, 05:39 PM
All is well. One of the good folks here has thrown himself under the bus and has volunteered to make the sizing die. He's doing it as I write this. The folks here are just amazing.

I do live in an area that is rich in machine shops. The problem is ...they all have a minimum charge, and it's way above my maximum ability to pay.

murf205
06-20-2021, 08:58 AM
AbitNutz, have you slugged your barrel?

AbitNutz
06-20-2021, 09:06 AM
Yeah, it actually needs to be at .731 and I've relayed that to the gentleman who's graciously agreed to make it. Actually, already made it and shipped it. He works at the speed of light.

murf205
06-20-2021, 08:43 PM
He certainly does. My Hastings 12 ga barrel slugs .729 and if I order a mold for it. it will be a .731 also. You can always squeeze 'em down. Show us a pic of that sizer when you get it if you don't mind.

jordanka16
07-23-2021, 08:29 PM
All is well. One of the good folks here has thrown himself under the bus and has volunteered to make the sizing die. He's doing it as I write this. The folks here are just amazing.

I do live in an area that is rich in machine shops. The problem is ...they all have a minimum charge, and it's way above my maximum ability to pay.

I would also live to get one of these. If whoever made it could contact me, I would appreciate it.