PDA

View Full Version : Boolit casting for Lever Actions article.

Der Gebirgsjager
06-15-2021, 06:15 PM
O.K. now, all you old salts give me a break. This isn't for you guys who already know it all. I thought some of the newer guys might find it interesting.

Shooting Times, August 2021. Yeah, I wondered that myself--how can the August issue be out already, but this morning there it was in my P.O. Box when I made my weekly visit. It's got an article "Cast Bullets For Lever Actions" by Layne Simpson. Not very technical, but a nice read. Some nice boolit photos, a few good tips, and an interesting chart with a couple of loads for most lever action cartridges. He gives Rim Rock pre-cast bullets a big boost and tells a couple of interesting facts about them. Check it out.

DG

cwlongshot
06-15-2021, 06:39 PM
Ha, I got mine yesterday. :2_high5:

I Haven't had a chance to read yet. ;)

CW

panhed65
06-15-2021, 07:19 PM
I got the mag yesterday, read the article, not too bad, was surprised by it being there, as for me, I can skip a lot of articles in most gun mags anymore so it was nice to see something decent.
barry

rockrat
06-17-2021, 08:54 PM
Haven't read ST for 15 years or so

Walks
06-17-2021, 09:28 PM
Haven't read ST for 15 years or so

Me neither, too many black guns, to much tactical stuff.

veeman
06-18-2021, 07:24 AM
I quit most of the gun rags years ago. Like most of you, too much black guns, sooo much repeats.

JoeJames
06-18-2021, 09:26 AM
Read it, good article. Shooting times, Handgunner, and Handloader, are my top three mags. G&A is nuts for black plastic wonder nines.

Texas by God
06-18-2021, 11:39 AM
Layne Simpson has been a good writer for a long time. In that same issue Terry Wieland has a good tribute to the late Bob Haley of Seymour, Texas.
I also yawn at the AR articles and and the latest bolt action 6.5 Creedmoor bolt actions that look like Optimus Prime built them.....

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk