PDA

View Full Version : Ned Beatty passed today.

marlin39a
06-13-2021, 08:41 PM
Best known for Deliverance, with Burt Reynolds. They became friends, and he worked with Burt on several more films. Died today of natural causes. 83 yrs old. Rest In Peace.

richhodg66
06-13-2021, 09:00 PM
Also Otis in the Superman movies and Dean Martin in Back to School.

sigep1764
06-14-2021, 12:00 AM
The owner of Chicken Pit restaurants in Stroker Ace, the bad Senator in Shooter, etc. He was a great character actor and supposedly a good man.

slohunter
06-14-2021, 12:05 AM
Great actor, RIP!

abunaitoo
06-14-2021, 01:14 AM
Seems many of the good one are gone.
Who are taking their place???????
Nothing to remember.
Rubbish, just pure rubbish.

Idaho45guy
06-14-2021, 03:45 AM
Deliverance was just a disturbing movie, and I didn't see it until I was well into my 30's, about 25 years after it came out. Prior to that, I knew Ned Beatty as Otis from Superman. Then as the bad guy in Shooter.

May he rest in peace.

Gator 45/70
06-14-2021, 08:40 AM
To this day I tell friends and family when I'm off in the sticks on a gravel road, I hear Banjo's playing Deliverance, Not good.

I think every teen at least 16 years old should watch Deliverance, It simply shows one how fast things can go south.

RIP Mr. Beatty, We have enjoyed you're work !

gwpercle
06-14-2021, 09:48 AM
Best known for Deliverance, with Burt Reynolds. They became friends, and he worked with Burt on several more films. Died today of natural causes. 83 yrs old. Rest In Peace.

I would have never taken that role . Although I saw the movie in 1973 , from that moment and till right now (48 years) I could never see Ned Beatty without thinking about that "squeal like a pig" scene !
I just could never shake it . A fine actor who appeared in many many roles ... that scene stills bothers me ... I hope he was well paid for it .
Rest in Peace Ned Beatty ,
Gary

lightman
06-14-2021, 11:57 AM
RIP Sir! You will be missed.

Loudenboomer
06-14-2021, 02:07 PM
I enjoyed him being interviewed on a local Christian radio station a few years ago. His wife is from a local small town up here in northern Minnesota.

06-14-2021, 02:20 PM
As a cop in Baltimore, I would frequently visit a gun shop, "Baltimore Gunsmith's", in Fells Point. It was close to, if not in, a sketchy neighborhood, so I would post a presence when I could. Back then they were filming "The Wire" series and Beaty was one of the actors. He came in the shop when I was there and we struck up a long conversation. Knowledgeable gun guy, who had a passion for black powder shotguns. So frequently the actors I've had to deal with were full of themselves, by Beaty was a regular, decent, gentleman. God Bless & RIP

Shawlerbrook
06-14-2021, 02:41 PM
Rip !

Ural Driver
06-14-2021, 09:04 PM
No matter the role, he was always memorable. RIP Ned.

gwpercle
06-15-2021, 04:48 PM
All he did was realistically portray an American tax-payer.

I know it was just a movie and I know it was just a role in a movie he played but he did the job so well that it made me believe what I saw was real and what happened was real ... and I was disturbed by it ...
I guess that's about the highest accolades you can give an actor for a performance ... He made ir seem all too real ... and that's an actors job !
I always thought highly of him , he was a gun guy also .
Gary