PDA

View Full Version : I watched TV tonight....

bakerjw
06-08-2021, 09:30 PM
So, streaming some things tonight , I saw that America's Got Talent was on NBC....
OMG... I lost intelligence watching that show and the commercials.
I do not regret for one minute dumping cable years ago...

Thumbcocker
06-08-2021, 09:40 PM
My TV is pretty much YouTube videos and movies. I haven't had network TV since 95.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mal Paso
06-08-2021, 10:14 PM
I killed the satellite during the Obummer lung cancer ads. Mom died that way you insensitive.......
Now I can't imagine wading through all that garbage for the tiny bit of good programming.

Cosmic_Charlie
06-09-2021, 08:09 AM
TV pollutes one's head. We unplugged from cable in 2010 and don't miss it. Don't get a newspaper eiher. They can keep their lies and propaganda.

ioon44
06-10-2021, 07:48 AM
My TV is pretty much YouTube videos and movies. I haven't had network TV since 95.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have been watching "The Chosen" with YouTube on my TV, best videos I have watched in a long time.

richhodg66
06-10-2021, 08:35 AM
We watch a lot of TV, I have to admit. In fact, I used to not watch much at all, usually up and doing something, but slowing down now.

We don't watch trash, though, the vast, vast majority of it is stuff made before about 1980 or so, with the package we have, MeTV, FETV, getTV, H&I and several others that only show older stuff and quite a few movie channels that do classics, mainly westerns. There's not a time of day I can't pick up a broadcast of Gun Smoke on one of them. Wore out Adam-12 last year, working on Emergency now, two shows we both enjoyed as kids.

A lot of guys on here that love to bash TV, just another media. If you watch trash, you receive trash, just like if you read trash, you receive trash.

hoodat
06-10-2021, 09:12 AM
I have been watching "The Chosen" with YouTube on my TV, best videos I have watched in a long time.

BINGO!! That's some great stuff right there. I even got technical enough to hook up the phone-app thingy, and it works great.

I think everyone who wants to feed their relationship with Jesus ought to spend some time with these episodes. jd