PDA

View Full Version : Country Music Television Awards, says, wear orange....

gnostic
06-08-2021, 11:58 AM
I read this morning that the Country Music Television Awards, is asking that people in the audience wear orange to show support for gun violence awareness. I won't be watching, so I won't know how their anti gun propaganda plays out....

Half Dog
06-08-2021, 12:13 PM
I won’t be watching either. Someday I’ll be able to boycott something that will require altering my normal routines. Thanks for mentioning this.

Gator 45/70
06-08-2021, 12:19 PM
Orange? Thought it was Rainbows and Unicorns sprinkled with fairy dust?

Finster101
06-08-2021, 01:05 PM
I can't stand what they are calling country now.

Gtrubicon
06-08-2021, 01:42 PM

My thoughts exactly, the music is junk, country music now is bad pop music.

Txcowboy52
06-08-2021, 03:06 PM
I agree ! Main stream country is so far from being true country music!! I won’t be watching!

popper
06-08-2021, 03:12 PM
TV, Movie, Actors, singer award parties they can keep to themselves.

375supermag
06-08-2021, 04:15 PM
Have avoided every entertainment industry awards show for decades.
Won't be altering my plans to watch this one either.

Keep politics out of sports and entertainment.

bakerjw
06-08-2021, 04:19 PM
What is television? ;)
I've not had cable in years. We stream occasional movies but other than that, nada...

gwpercle
06-08-2021, 04:37 PM
Orange? Thought it was Rainbows and Unicorns sprinkled with fairy dust?

LIKE !

Gary
We still need a like button ... If you think we need a Like Button ... wear Chartreuse and Paisely Purple ... tomorrow to show your support for a like button ! :drinks:

Bmi48219
06-08-2021, 04:50 PM
If they were serious they would show their support by wearing an orange jock strap over their heads instead of a Covid mask.

Gator 45/70
06-08-2021, 04:57 PM
like !

Gary
we still need a like button ... If you think we need a like button ... Wear chartreuse and paisely purple ... Tomorrow to show your support for a like button ! :drinks:

lsu !!!

farmbif
06-08-2021, 06:32 PM
I don't know about wearing orange or anything like that but one problem we sure do have as a community are a bunch of idiots that take guns into public places and shoot up a bunch of people. these idiots have brought what seems like the whole dang country scrutinizing what any of us as gun owners, collectors hobbyists and professionals does or believes and much of the time the big national media only publishes the most extreme statements when one of the shootings takes place. Its not very often you see the opinions of responsible gun owners on the national news. Maybe time is right for responsible gun owners to call out these yahoos with crazy ideas of shooting up a bunch innocents when we come across them. We need to do all we can to preserve our 2AM rights.

Finster101
06-08-2021, 06:52 PM
I don't know about wearing orange or anything like that but one problem we sure do have as a community are a bunch of idiots that take guns into public places and shoot up a bunch of people. these idiots have brought what seems like the whole dang country scrutinizing what any of us as gun owners, collectors hobbyists and professionals does or believes and much of the time the big national media only publishes the most extreme statements when one of the shootings takes place. Its not very often you see the opinions of responsible gun owners on the national news. Maybe time is right for responsible gun owners to call out these yahoos with crazy ideas of shooting up a bunch innocents when we come across them. We need to do all we can to preserve our 2AM rights.

I don't see how showing support with the gun grabbing crowd is going to help support our rights.

farmbif
06-08-2021, 06:59 PM
I didn't say anything about supporting gun grabbing crowd. I'm saying we might want to put a stop to some idiots, that is if we can, before they shoot up a bunch of people in a public place. if there were not so many of these stupid shootings whatever the CMT awards is trying to do would be a non issue.

bakerjw
06-08-2021, 07:23 PM
We have 2 problems in our country...
Lack of good mental health care for those that need it. Most school shooters WERE on the radar.
Inner city hood rat violence.
You take out inner city black on black violence and the shooting numbers in the UDA collapse.

If the law abiding American gun owner were the problem, you'd know it.

Mal Paso
06-08-2021, 09:48 PM
"Gun Free Zones" are killing people. Law abiding folks are afraid to carry and the criminals know it. Chicago buss stops, the San Jose Transit Yard, "Gun Free Zones".

dannyd
06-08-2021, 10:06 PM
I’m surprised they still call it country music ;)

Geezer in NH
06-09-2021, 07:30 PM
I didn't say anything about supporting gun grabbing crowd. I'm saying we might want to put a stop to some idiots, that is if we can, before they shoot up a bunch of people in a public place. if there were not so many of these stupid shootings whatever the CMT awards is trying to do would be a non issue.

How do you propose to do that? Make some more laws against guns?

Guns are not the problem those without guns are.

PNW_Steve
06-09-2021, 10:25 PM

Amen!

slohunter
06-09-2021, 11:12 PM
I'll be wearing my orange in November.

slim1836
06-09-2021, 11:39 PM
I wear camo or pro 2nd tees or hats as often as possible, wore camo to the voting booth this year.

Slim

MT Gianni
06-10-2021, 11:19 AM
We are seeing the failure of villages to raise children properly. Those who have not been taught the rearing of children in a family situation are moving away from personal responsibility for their kids as well.

Finster101
06-10-2021, 11:27 AM
We are seeing the failure of villages to raise children properly. Those who have not been taught the rearing of children in a family situation are moving away from personal responsibility for their kids as well.

All too true. It's being left mostly to the school system.

gwpercle
06-10-2021, 11:52 AM
lsu !!!

Geaux Tigers !

gwpercle
06-10-2021, 12:01 PM

LIKE LIKE LIKE !!!
No substitute for a Mother and a Father properly bringing up their children , providing for them , feeding , clothing and educating them ... It's a hard job but the Villages , streets , schools and public programs are not going to get the job done ... Only Mom & Dad .
Gary

smithnframe
06-10-2021, 12:05 PM
Most if not all country music sucks! Always has, always will!

white eagle
06-10-2021, 01:55 PM
I read this morning that the Country Music Television Awards, is asking that people in the audience wear orange to show support for gun violence awareness. I won't be watching, so I won't know how their anti gun propaganda plays put....

I will wear orange but in November during our gun deer season

Win94ae
06-10-2021, 02:06 PM
I wonder if they are "aware" that gang drive-bys and the like, are considered mass shootings now?

alamogunr
06-10-2021, 02:21 PM
I prefer to think they are supporting my Tennessee Volunteers. GO BIG ORANGE!

Budzilla 19
06-10-2021, 02:31 PM
Country music? In my short 65 years, I’ve listened to some of it, but the current crop of “ singers”, a bunch of “ woke”, spoiled little millionaires, had better not depend on me buying their so-called “ music” !!!!!! ........................ ima just put this out here, if isn’t made by a rock group called AC/DC,I’m not much interested!! ........................ ( that oughta stir things up). Hahaha!!! You turn them off,( because of their agenda), and the ratings skid down to the bottom, it’ll hit em in the wallet, right where it needs to! Just my opinions.

Murphy
06-10-2021, 04:53 PM
I have to admit, I'm not one bit surprised at anything the CMA does. I was born in a large city and lived there until I was 13. A pure rock & roller from the start. My father moved us back to the rural area where he grew up, it was there my country music education began. 1/2 of my friends were Rocker's, the other were Country. I was just beginning to play guitar and sing. I found my voice wasn't suited to the Rock genre, so I went Country. Today my music tastes vary between those two, Gospel, Soul & Blues.

That being said, what I have learned about the music industry, it's a business. There was a time you couldn't have gotten a country singer to go against guns for any reason. It would have been the beginning of the end of their career. Country music was born long ago by people who lived off the land, guns were a part of everyday life. Be it gathering food, or kept handy when trouble was about. A lot of todays "vocalists" in the country genre, do as they are told by the people who control them. For the fame and fortune, if opera singing would have gotten them there? That's where they would be and not in Country music.

In the end, Country music today has a targeted age group. And the majority of us here, aren't in it. I've been done with the CMA's for decades now. Never bite the hand that feeds you.

Murphy

Idaho45guy
06-11-2021, 10:09 AM
Went to a country concert last year featuring Trace Adkins and Charlie Daniels. Great show, but the opening act wore skinny jeans and had earrings. Couldn't believe all the pot smoke in the crowd.

bluebird66
06-11-2021, 03:25 PM

My thoughts exactly!

Geezer in NH
06-13-2021, 05:01 PM
They also forget what happened to the Dixie Chicks careers.

Landy88
06-13-2021, 06:43 PM
I have no interest in entertainers doing anything other than entertaining. All that I want from musicians, actors, athletes, and TV hosts is, music, acting, sports, and hosting.

“[T]here seems to have been an actual decline in rational thinking. The United States had become a place where entertainers and professional athletes were mistaken for people of importance. They were idolized and treated as leaders; their opinions were sought on everything and they took themselves just as seriously—after all, if an athlete is paid a million or more a year, he knows he is important ... so his opinions of foreign affairs and domestic policies must be important, too, even though he proves himself to be ignorant and subliterate every time he opens his mouth.” ~ Robert A. Heinlein

lksmith
06-15-2021, 11:37 AM
My thoughts exactly, the music is junk, country music now is bad pop music.

I call it Country Rap or CRAP for short. Most of the "country artists" are generic panderers that couldn't make it on pop radio so peddle the same thing on a country station as country.
Walton and Johnson show had a song that hits the nail on the head.
Now there are some that are actual country like Chris Stapleton and Justin Moore. But the ones like Kane Brown (got lost on his own 40acres), Florida Georgia line (nothing country about them) and Taylor Swift (finally more pop play) are an insult.
Half the time, I can't tell if I'm listening to a country station or a pop station, so I either listen to classic rock or classic country.
Of course Jason Aldean showing his libtard colors after the vegas thing really accelerated the rush down the toilet

lksmith
06-15-2021, 11:39 AM
I will wear orange but in November during our gun deer season

I only wear it to/from the stand. as soon as I'm on the stand it comes off or gets covered up!

Gator 45/70
06-15-2021, 12:50 PM
If yall ever get a chance to see Hank Williams jr. perform then go see him !!!
He does impressions, Dips tobacco, Gets a little loose with his beverages and for the win...Spits tobacco juice all over the stage !