PDA

View Full Version : RCBS 300 BO decapping die replacement- What?

JohnFreeman
06-07-2021, 08:05 AM
I stripped out the little inside forming section of this decapping /sizing die yesterday and need a new one. I pulled the one out of a much older .308 thinking it would be the same.

It's not the same.

Any idea what to order (which I know is likely not to be in stock)? I don't remember the numbers exactly but IIRC the .308 piece is about 30 thou smaller than the 300 BO.

Advice appreciated!

PS: I now appreciate the Lee strategy of attaching this with a collet so that it's slide not strip threads!

Renofish
06-07-2021, 09:54 AM
contact RCBS

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

imashooter2
06-07-2021, 01:17 PM
A telephone call to RCBS will likely get you the parts you need quickly and at no cost.

JohnFreeman
06-07-2021, 04:14 PM
Didn't know that! I left them a question about it. Thanks for the info--- I had no idea they would help out a customer in this way.

Renofish
06-07-2021, 04:29 PM
I have been loading Ammo north of 50 years and RCBS has never let me down.

When you have used their products for that many years you will find that their products and services are top shelf. IMHO

imashooter2
06-07-2021, 07:12 PM
How did you manage to strip the threads on the expander ball anyway?

JohnFreeman
06-09-2021, 05:02 PM
Thank you.

RCBS has already shipped a replacement piece. What super service , I'm amazed and impressed.

How did I strip it? Not sure. Dirty/underlubricated brass of a headstamp I didnt recognize (GEC? CEG?) and a RCBS Jr single state press. It was surprisingly easy .

Renofish
06-09-2021, 07:21 PM
You had the same experience as I have had over the past 50 years.

I have always had nothing but gratitude and praise to RCBS and their name and reputation will go down in history with the likes of Browning, Weatherby, Remington and the likes.

We should all support those companies who truly support our gun loving communities.

Thanks for your products and how the given me soooooo may memories.