PDA

View Full Version : Mid Atlantic Air Show

375supermag
06-06-2021, 09:50 AM
Hi...

My son and I went to the Mid Atlantic Air Show yesterday in Reading, Pa.

Great show...lots of vintage aircraft, including three P51 Mustangs, a Dauntless, Cutlass, B17 , B29 and one of a very few flying Japanese Zero fighter planes.

Lots of ground vehicles including a couple of Sherman tanks, M3 halftracks, a German SdKfz 252 halftrack(probably a Hungarian OT 80, in reality) and two mocked ip Panzer IIIs on British FV432 chassis.

At least three WWII based battle reenactments, one of which matched the Panzers and Sherman tanks in a fun to watch scenario.

Spent a lot of time talking guns with some reenactors and watching a weapons demonstration of WWII weapons with blank cartridges.

One fascinating talk with a couple of guys that had a tripod mounted Vickers machine gun. First one of those I had ever seen up close and personal.

BamaNapper
06-07-2021, 08:11 AM
The wife and I used to really enjoy the Reading airshow when we lived up there. Last time we attended was 8 years ago. Our favorite part was the speakers they brought in. To call them speakers is a huge disservice. We got to listen to Medal of Honor recipients, members of the Tuskegee Airmen, Paul Tibbets, a survivor of the Indianapolis, and men who spent part of the war in a German POW camp just to name a few. Such amazing stories. Sadly, very few of those men and women are still able to tell them.

Reading always put on a good airshow. I need to make a point to schedule my vacation up there to coincide with it next year.