PDA

View Full Version : Moral quandary

Thumbcocker
06-05-2021, 06:01 PM
Is it immoral to eat a pecan turtle blizzard while watching people going hungry on Alone season 7?

hithard
06-05-2021, 06:06 PM
Not as bad as turning the thermostat up to 80....

starnbar
06-05-2021, 06:26 PM
If they can't see ya who is to know?

Scrounge
06-05-2021, 07:13 PM
Is it immoral to eat a pecan turtle blizzard while watching people going hungry on Alone season 7?

Nope. None of those folks wound up there accidentally. And if they're starving by a lake with Grizzly bears, they're not too very well prepared. And I say that as a terrible fisherman.

Bill

gwpercle
06-05-2021, 07:22 PM
Heck No .... TV isn't real .
When those cameras aren't rolling .... out comes buckets of fried chicken , mashed potatoes , corn on the cob and ice cream for desert .
Enjoy yourself !
P.S. Don't believe all you see on Swamp People either ... lot of staged and scripted happenings going on here . The Florida Snake hunting trips are the fun ones to watch ... I don't think Troy Landry likes snakes very much ... the term Ophidiophobia comes to mind . Someone made an Anaconda Jambalaya ... and he wouldn't eat any ... that's not normal for a coonass to refuse Jambalaya !
Gary

Winger Ed.
06-05-2021, 07:37 PM
Nah, have a steak, a real exotic mixed drink, and big bowl of ice cream.

If those folks get too hungry, the camera crew will slip 'em a sandwich or something.

I yell at the TV sometimes when those shows are on:
"Come to the city you idiots!! That's where the food is".

bluebird66
06-07-2021, 03:39 PM
Nope!

Carbineone
06-07-2021, 03:40 PM
Nope..I would eat one right in front of them..

Txcowboy52
06-07-2021, 04:12 PM
I agree with everyone else here, eat and enjoy right in front of them LOL!

38SuperAuto
06-07-2021, 09:18 PM
Reminds me of campus life in the 80s at UT Austin. Some Iranian students, staging a hunger strike, would hang out in the west mall, carrying signs protesting whatever. Frat boys would get a tray of food from the cafeteria and sit down next to the protestors for a chat while they had lunch.

GhostHawk
06-07-2021, 09:30 PM
Nope, they chose to put themselves in that situation. Now if you were watching starving children in Ethiopia and you did not reach for your wallet in the same situation. That might be.

Catshooter
06-07-2021, 11:05 PM
The more useful question is it still moral to own and watch a TV?

Cat

M-Tecs
06-07-2021, 11:12 PM

Cat

I don't see any issues with watching or owning a TV. I due see lots of issues if you believe most of that junk is real.

Carbineone
06-09-2021, 10:58 AM
My Wife watches the tube..I maybe watch a Hour before bed, but never on a TV..

I watch old Westerns, Old TV shows on the Internet a little..All the Wife has for TV is a old antenna on the roof, She gets about 35 Channels of wasteland..But it is Free...I do not pay, nor ever will pay for cable or Satellite..What a scam..

gwpercle
06-09-2021, 03:52 PM
I just checked ...nowhere in my Bible does it say :

Thou shalt not sit in your underwear , watch TV and eat a blizzard ... You Good !

I threw in the sitting in your underwear part because that's how I eat ice cream and watch TV and I wanted to make sure it was OK with the Lord ... It's okay.
Gary

alfadan
06-09-2021, 06:18 PM
Hey they got a free camping trip and flaunting it on tv in front of you, so why not?

hithard
06-09-2021, 09:12 PM

Cat

Oh I so your privileged. The shame you must feel, no really you must feel it.

Pretend this is purple font ��

gbrown
06-09-2021, 10:28 PM
Bear Grylles was the funny one, saw out-takes of Holiday Inns in the background, him eating crackers and such when he was allegedly in desperate need of food. Reality shows? Junk. Camera and support crews? Big unions. Strict rules/contract on hours and conditions. Why I don't watch any of that junk.

jimlj
06-09-2021, 10:59 PM
I just checked ...nowhere in my Bible does it say :

Thou shalt not sit in your underwear , watch TV and eat a blizzard ... You Good !

I threw in the sitting in your underwear part because that's how I eat ice cream and watch TV and I wanted to make sure it was OK with the Lord ... It's okay.
Gary

Made me laugh. I once asked a guy at church what he was going to do over a holiday weekend. He said "I'm not going to do anything but sit around in my underwear, watch TV and dig my nose." I suppose throwing a bowl of ice cream in would be a fine addition.

To the OP, eat your blizzard with no regrets.

David2011
06-10-2021, 09:19 AM
What idiot came up with the term “reality show”? Nothing about any of them is real.

bedbugbilly
06-10-2021, 09:32 AM
Hmmmmmmm . . . . but "you" will know . . . and self-imposed guilt" can be hard to live with for some folks. Me? I wouldn't have any problem with it . . . someone has to support the cows of this country - without them we would have no ice cream . . . so put that in your pipe and smoke it OAC!

facetious
06-16-2021, 05:18 PM
When I worked nights I liked to watch the noon news when I got up. Someone asked why when it's all bad stuff happening , I told them it was so I could start my day by saying "well at least it wasn't me this time."

Idaho45guy
06-16-2021, 06:29 PM
Just binge-watched that season this week. It was a great one, and the person I bet on winning in the beginning actually won.

Alone is different, as is Les Stroud's Survivorman, because there is no camera crew. The participants have to film themselves. Of course, they get human interaction due to mandatory medical checks, and some of the locations the Alone folks were put in were not exactly remote, with towns an hour walk away. But I do believe the starvation and weight loss shown was real.

gbrown
06-16-2021, 11:44 PM
One thing I will throw out there, Alaskan Bush People, Pawn Stars, or American Pickers, all debunked. All pre-staged, rehearsed, exactly.

1Hawkeye
06-17-2021, 05:55 PM
Why no not at all. There use to be an fitness club in old town Fredericksburg, Va that had the exercise bikes facing the window so the riders could people watch as they pedaled off the pounds. Myself and about a dozen or so of the folks in our civil war reenacting group after dinner would get ice cream cones and watch those size -2's watch us enjoying our cones.

Catshooter
06-19-2021, 02:49 AM
It's TV. Nothing on it is real. Nothing. Except some limited parts of some documentaries. Sometimes. Even the Weather channel has faked scenes for cryin' out loud.

Cat

Char-Gar
06-19-2021, 12:59 PM
What idiot came up with the term “reality show”? Nothing about any of them is real.

Reality show just means amatuer writers and amatuer actors. By the second season change amatuer to professional.

Idaho45guy
06-19-2021, 10:59 PM
Les Stroud's show Survivorman, is universally recognized as being one of the few reality shows that is real. He recently moved to YouTube, and I have enjoyed his "director's commentary" videos immensely. I've heard that he is a genuinely nice guy, and the commentary videos show him usually in his living room with a beer or glass of wine, watching and commenting on one of his past shows. Often, his kids or their friends will come into the house and he'll just engage them in conversation and explain he's doing a director's commentary, nice as can be. Or his dogs will come up, or a cat. Just seems like a down to earth guy that is pretty good at survival.

Murphy
06-27-2021, 05:38 PM
The way I see it, they knew what they were getting into when they signed a contract. I remember watching the first Survivor show back in the 90's. When the second season rolled around, it was pretty boys & girls...'Click'. Haven't watched any 'reality' shows since.

Murphy

fatnhappy
06-28-2021, 10:07 AM
I love pecans. What pray tell is a pecan turtle blizzard? I believe man law, or at least fat man law, requires pictures.